Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #31
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Exactly.
That's it.

You need to go to time out.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #32
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
It's just astonishing sometimes with boxing fans. You have a guy who took all he could handle from the smaller Wright and in not even talking about the decisions as it was close, struggled deeply. A guy who didn't respond well to the speed of Cory Spinks and a guy who's game plan fell apart under the pressure of the tiny Kassim Ouma.. and he's supposed to beat top 10 SMW's like Bute, Mundine, Froch, Andrade etc.

Not even counting the two top dogs. Of course, some fans think that being competitive with the 40+ Hopkins and Wright mean that he's a class above those names up there, even discounting that even though Wright and Hopkins are P4P ranked fighters, that they lack the intangibles such as size/speed/power combinations of the much larger SMW men.

For example, Froch is an average SMW, but he'd swarm Taylor and knock him out, because Taylor lacks the chin and dynamic ability under pressure to reverse the fight on Froch, he also lacks the power. Andrade would also just pressure until Taylor gave in and then he'd start landing his power bombs and that would be the end of it.

Taylor is mentioning that after the Pavlik bout, win or lose he is going up to 168. I seriously doubt he will fight a natural SMW in his arrival because any of those names, even a guy like Sakio Bika, would present so much trouble that the competition that he has been fighting could not due to the intangible differences. He also gives up his size advantage.

Pavlik will win, then everyone will agree. Classic stuff.
I don't agree with your extreme dislike for Taylor, but I do agree with the title to your thread, Taylor will not do well at 168 lbs. Even an old Calzaghe would be too much for Jermain.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:27 PM   #33
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 75
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB
Bute would absolutly destroy Taylor.
When Taylor was fighting the level of opponents Bute has been fighting, he was humiliating them in a way that Bute hasn't come close to doing. Bute hasn't even fought someone on the level of a Joppy (who Taylor shut out), Edouard (who Taylor KOed in 3) or Vasquez (who Taylor turned into bloody mess).

YES, he looked bad his last couple fights against champions. Yes, his three fights in a row against top 5 P4P fighters were all close. However, best I can tell, Bute is a POOR MAN'S TAYLOR. He has the same strengths and flaws, and other than being naturally bigger, I can't think of how Bute would destroy Taylor so quickly. Fact is, Bute would be a HUGE step DOWN in competition from who he's been facing.

Other than that, Mundine might have a chance with his speed (but he by far has the worst chin of anyone Taylor's faced since Rios, who he KOed in 1) and Berrio would have a puncher's chance (Mack, who Berrio KOed, is also a poor man's Taylor), but even Kessler is not all that different from Winky in some ways, and he did manage to pull out a draw there. Calzaghe would probably swarm Taylor as he's been too tentative lately, but other than that, he should do fairly well at SMW. It's not like he couldn't use the size, and I'm inclined to think that he's looked sluggish his last few fights in part because he's been too weight drained, so moving up actually might do him some good.

Amsterdam, this propaganda is asinine. I'd challenge you to an avatar bet over Taylor beating anyone ranked 3 - 10 in Ring's SMW right now, but it wouldn't make a difference because even if he won by knockout you'd say the other guy was somehow robbed.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #34
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

That said even Taylor does beat most of the top ten, the division is rather bleak after you get past the JC-MK winner.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #35
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus
When Taylor was fighting the level of opponents Bute has been fighting, he was humiliating them in a way that Bute hasn't come close to doing. Bute hasn't even fought someone on the level of a Joppy (who Taylor shut out), Edouard (who Taylor KOed in 3) or Vasquez (who Taylor turned into bloody mess).

YES, he looked bad his last couple fights against champions. Yes, his three fights in a row against top 5 P4P fighters were all close. However, best I can tell, Bute is a POOR MAN'S TAYLOR. He has the same strengths and flaws, and other than being naturally bigger, I can't think of how Bute would destroy Taylor so quickly. Fact is, Bute would be a HUGE step DOWN in competition from who he's been facing.

Other than that, Mundine might have a chance with his speed (but he by far has the worst chin of anyone Taylor's faced since Rios, who he KOed in 1) and Berrio would have a puncher's chance (Mack, who Berrio KOed, is also a poor man's Taylor), but even Kessler is not all that different from Winky in some ways, and he did manage to pull out a draw there. Calzaghe would probably swarm Taylor as he's been too tentative lately, but other than that, he should do fairly well at SMW. It's not like he couldn't use the size, and I'm inclined to think that he's looked sluggish his last few fights in part because he's been too weight drained, so moving up actually might do him some good.

Amsterdam, this propaganda is asinine. I'd challenge you to an avatar bet over Taylor beating anyone ranked 3 - 10 in Ring's SMW right now, but it wouldn't make a difference because even if he won by knockout you'd say the other guy was somehow robbed.
I stopped reading after you said Bute hasn't fought anyone on Edourd's level.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #36
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 75
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Oh, and PS, Allan Green ain't beating NOBODY significant ever again. Cat had 85% of his COLON removed. He's going to be wearing a shitbag for the rest of his life, and won't be able to digest food properly. Do you really think someone can retain their strength through that? I sure as heck don't. He'll keep fighting journeymen, but all he'll be is an interesting footnote when someone hits him with a low blow and explodes his chlostomy bag.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #37
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 75
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I stopped reading after you said Bute hasn't fought anyone on Edourd's level.
Who? The guy who won;t get past the 2nd round of The Contender, or the guy who got beat down by a guy with 3 pro fights, or the guy who got beat down by the guy who lost to someone with 3 pro fights?

Bute hasn't fought shit yet.

And if you can't get past the Albert comparison, then you certainly can't say Bika's on the level that Joppy or Marquez was at. Point still stands. If you want to throw red herrings at me, be my guest. I'm not the one who's been kicked off for a month making shitty predictions.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #38
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
That said even Taylor does beat most of the top ten, the division is rather bleak after you get past the JC-MK winner.
I disagree, I'd even take Sakio Bika over him in a rough fight, late KO.

Taylor ought to think about his best ways to cash out after the Pavlik bout, because he'll be at the end of line.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #39
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 623
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Did Taylor **** your mother.?

No, I'm serious - did he?


I find it hillarious that you continue to take the opportunity to discredit Taylor's performances almost every single day whilst praising a similar fighter in Mikkel Kessler who has faced worser competition.

"Oh but Kessler is better" - **** off.

Yes, Taylor is unliked because he took close decisions and a close draw against Winky and Hopkins but the fact remains, he did enough in those fights to make it close.

He showed that Winky's defense isn't inpenetrable and he built up a lead on old man Popkins in a way that only he was able to do (no one has done it since and very few did it before)

He is a tall, strong, robust fighter with a good enough chin to take Popkins punches - you know, the same Popkins that dropped Tarver and the same Popkins that put De La Hoya down with a kidney shot.

He has enough punching arsenal that he can back Winky off of him, force him backwards and land shots almost at will against his guard.

He's got endurance and doesn't fade down the stretch

He's got a great coach who though they're having teething problems, are only a few performances away from being at their very best

AND he's about to move to a weight more natural for him to sustain.

I'm sorry but there is every indication Taylor WILL be a force at SMW.

So, like I said above, did he **** your mother?
Damn Blocky that s**t right there is rather ruff, damn i knn\o u aint directing that to me, but damn me readin that ? hurt my feelings and its not even 4 me. Ease up, that could damage some1 self esteem lol
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #40
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I'll throw it up against a brick wall.
What a waste !

( unless you're launching the new Calzaghe Museum in Cardiff)
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #41
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus
Who? The guy who won;t get past the 2nd round of The Contender, or the guy who got beat down by a guy with 3 pro fights, or the guy who got beat down by the guy who lost to someone with 3 pro fights?

Bute hasn't fought shit yet.
Edourd is a C level fighter with a glass jaw, Bute has destroyed C levels and has a win over 1 B level in Bika.

Here are the C level guys that Bute has dominated or wrecked:

Thobela
Lolenga Mock
Andre Thysse
Salem
Obede Toney

And all of them are more dangerous than Edourd to a MW-SMW. Plus, it's a matter of being able to analyse a potential bout and Taylor has no advantages over Bute, Bute is in fact a bit quicker and has less holes in his game. Bute TKO.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #42
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 75
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Edourd is a C level fighter with a glass jaw, Bute has destroyed C levels and has a win over 1 B level in Bika.

Here are the C level guys that Bute has dominated or wrecked:

Thobela
Lolenga Mock
Andre Thysse
Salem
Obede Toney

And all of them are more dangerous than Edourd to a MW-SMW. Plus, it's a matter of being able to analyse a potential bout and Taylor has no advantages over Bute, Bute is in fact a bit quicker and has less holes in his game. Bute TKO.
Ignoring the rest of the post, I see? Tell me Bika's better than Joppy or Marquez with a straight face.

And yes, I'd pick Edoaurd H2H, despite being smaller, against half the guys you named. 2002 Joppy would have shut out all 5 of those guys, and beat Bika. You sorely overrate Bika just because he won rounds against Calzaghe on what you should just be able to admit was a bad day for Joe and because he drew with Beyer (who even you admit Taylor would beat handily).
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:02 PM   #43
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus
Ignoring the rest of the post, I see? Tell me Bika's better than Joppy or Marquez with a straight face.

And yes, I'd pick Edoaurd H2H, despite being smaller, against half the guys you named. 2002 Joppy would have shut out all 5 of those guys, and beat Bika. You sorely overrate Bika just because he won rounds against Calzaghe on what you should just be able to admit was a bad day for Joe and because he drew with Beyer (who even you admit Taylor would beat handily).
A shot Joppy would have trouble with some of those guys, trust me and I doubt a shot Joppy would defeat Bika.

I said that Taylor 'should be favoured' over Beyer, I never said he'd win handily. Beyer would definitley have a chance against Taylor.

Edourd is a glass jawed nothing, again I repeat this. Maybe we should hype up the very average Eromosele Albert for shutting him out and stopping him? Albert is a 154 pounder by the way.

And let's talk about Raul Marquez. A Light Middleweight no less, one of B- level quality by the time he met Taylor and you are counting him as a comparable win to Sakio Bika. Bika is a B level SMW, Marquez is a B- level LMW.

HMMMMMM.

Pff.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:21 PM   #44
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Outside of Calzaghe and kessler? Yes, taylor can have success. IMO, he'd demolish Bute who I'm less than impressed with so far.

Now JC??? Well that's you're dream matchup mate

Ol Joe would give Jermain the lesson/ass whoopin that you long to see Taylor recieve.
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:29 PM   #45
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Outside of Calzaghe and kessler? Yes, taylor can have success. IMO, he'd demolish Bute who I'm less than impressed with so far.

Now JC??? Well that's you're dream matchup mate

Ol Joe would give Jermain the lesson/ass whoopin that you long to see Taylor recieve.
Bute has too much for Taylor.

Anyway, come on now Taylor apologists, let's hear your diseased arguments for this disgrace!
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013