boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-13-2007, 08:33 PM   #46
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENZY
If Sorry Joe can have success there(if a WBO is what you call asuccess) then surely Taylor can as well

What's so hard about SMW anyway??

It's a SLOPPY ..WEAK..division..with no prestige whatsoever..

Taylor has fought Hopkins twice..that alone eclipses Joey's ****ty resume..

Taylor has had ALL 3 BELTS AROUND HIS WAIST..

That is something Joe WILL NEVER ACHIEVE
So recieving two controversial decisions over a 40+ Hopkins eclipses 20 title defences of pure dominative fashion and over solid opposition with two A class fighters in the mix?

You all make me laugh.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2007, 08:36 PM   #47
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Joe has done nothing that would make any sane person think he could beat Taylor...NOTHING

Joe would wax, tax, and out box that ass
C Money is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #48
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Joe has done nothing that would make any sane person think he could beat Taylor...NOTHING
Sure, dominate all but 1 opponent he has faced, have very little stylistic flaws at that, only one intangible flaw.

Not to mention, we saw what Taylor looked like vs. a tricky southpaw in Wright and saw how he responded to Spinks' speed. You are absurd if you think the very brutal Joe Calzaghe does not defeat Jermain Taylor.

But, this is the absurdity that boxing fans have to live with, so ride on.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #49
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Joe Calzaghe would dominate Jermain Taylor...absolutely dominate him
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #50
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Joe Calzaghe would dominate Jermain Taylor...absolutely dominate him
Your nuts, he wouldnt dominate Taylor. Taylor showed he could compete with guys like Wright and Hopkins. Calzahge hasnt faced one fighter on the skill level of those guys. Calzahge just beat a one dimensional guy, which I put in the same category as Pavliks win over Edison Miranda. Lets see Calzhage beat a guy that can actually do some more things before we say he would dominate Taylor.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #51
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31
Your nuts, he wouldnt dominate Taylor. Taylor showed he could compete with guys like Wright and Hopkins. Calzahge hasnt faced one fighter on the skill level of those guys. Calzahge just beat a one dimensional guy, which I put in the same category as Pavliks win over Edison Miranda. Lets see Calzhage beat a guy that can actually do some more things before we say he would dominate Taylor.
Taylor has faced the better competition, but Calzaghe's foot speed and hand speed would give Taylor all sorts of problems. Spinks's own elusiveness and speed have Taylor a lot of trouble. Calzaghe's feints and subtle movements would keep Taylor off balance, not knowing when he was going to punch. Taylor wouldn't be able to establish his jab. I think Calzaghe would get on the inside, fire off quick/short/accurate combinations and get right back out. He would control the pace and control the tempo of the fight in my opinion. I would say he wins 9 to 3 or something like that.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #52
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Not that slapping mofo that pulls straight back everytime..

Hopkins would be two steps ahead of that sissy all night..

Hopkins would rough that ***** up with the greatest of ease

Joe is not a warrior..the WBO is enuff for him..Hopkins would never be satisfied with that souvenir
Not another poster talking about slapper???

Hardest slapper around

Calling him *****??

After the Hatton/gatti routine??

What exactly did you take that put you in such a frenzy???
C Money is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #53
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Taylor has faced the better competition, but Calzaghe's foot speed and hand speed would give Taylor all sorts of problems. Spinks's own elusiveness and speed have Taylor a lot of trouble. Calzaghe's feints and subtle movements would keep Taylor off balance, not knowing when he was going to punch. Taylor wouldn't be able to establish his jab. I think Calzaghe would get on the inside, fire off combinations in there and get right back out. I would say he wins 9 to 3 or something like that.
Brook -

Joe would take Taylor out in 5 rounds or less with his swarming tactics and speed, Taylor would drop his defence and eat shot after shot and Calzaghe would in fact be the biggest hitter he had ever faced considering he's jumping up in weight.

All of that accumulation... TKO 4 or 5. Taylor would fall apart.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #54
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Yeah, he's a real '*****'.

Especially considering that he's grinded out wins with two broken hands.

Broke his hand against Lacy in the 8th, continued firing that left like a madman down the stretch, even came in the 12th to brutalise Lacy further with his broken left. This type of stuff is legendary for this current generation, it was the definitive performance of 2006.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #55
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Cal would not dominate Talyor, thats just absurd.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #56
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
Cal would not dominate Talyor, thats just absurd.
What is absurd is to think that Taylor has a chance in hell against Calzaghe.

What's even more absurd is the constant discredit that one of the best of this generation recieves.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #57
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
What was Joe taking when he dumped the IBF title and kept that fake WBO ****-strap

He was too scared to fight the tougher IBF comp so the sissy dumped it..

WHAT A *****
Such a ***** he's taking on kessler??

Such a ***** he gave Lacy the ass whipping of a lifetime and took the IBf belt??

What exactly are you going on about???
C Money is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #58
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
What is absurd is to think that Taylor has a chance in hell against Calzaghe.
o.k., Cal can walk on water too.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #59
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lets see, Taylor fought Hops to a virtual draw in 24 rounds. . . but would have no chance against Joe "Little hands of Glass" Calzaghe?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:14 PM   #60
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Taylor has faced the better competition, but Calzaghe's foot speed and hand speed would give Taylor all sorts of problems. Spinks's own elusiveness and speed have Taylor a lot of trouble. Calzaghe's feints and subtle movements would keep Taylor off balance, not knowing when he was going to punch. Taylor wouldn't be able to establish his jab. I think Calzaghe would get on the inside, fire off quick/short/accurate combinations and get right back out. He would control the pace and control the tempo of the fight in my opinion. I would say he wins 9 to 3 or something like that.
Actually they are very similar. Both guys are really tough guys with big wills to win, and both are good solid boxer punchers. I think its a real good fight, but seeing Calzhage fight guys like Charles Brewer the way he did, leads me to believe he wouldnt dominate Taylor.
lefthook31 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum