Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #61
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31
Actually they are very similar. Both guys are really tough guys with big wills to win, and both are good solid boxer punchers. I think its a real good fight, but seeing Calzhage fight guys like Charles Brewer the way he did, leads me to believe he wouldnt dominate Taylor.
There's only one way to know for sure...hopefully we get to see this fight in the future

BTW, great avatar
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #62
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
Lets see, Taylor fought Hops to a virtual draw in 24 rounds. . . but would have no chance against Joe "Little hands of Glass" Calzaghe?
Hopkins and Calzaghe are two different fighters Ramshall. In fact, at this point Hopkins has little to no chance against Calzaghe as well.

We are not dealing with a peak Hopkins, nor a man who fights anything like a boxer-swarmer with an absurd workrate and accurate shots from all angles.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #63
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Hopkins and Calzaghe are two different fighters Ramshall. In fact, at this point Hopkins has little to no chance against Calzaghe as well.

We are not dealing with a peak Hopkins, nor a man who fights anything like a boxer-swarmer with an absurd workrate and accurate shots from all angles.
if you wanna say you think Cal would win, fine I disagree but its a reasonable opinion. . . Cal is a good fast fighter. . . but if you try to say "Taylor has no chance" thats just silly and makes you look bad.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:22 PM   #64
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
if you wanna say you think Cal would win, fine I disagree but its a reasonable opinion. . . Cal is a good fast fighter. . . but if you try to say "Taylor has no chance" thats just silly and makes you look bad.
Well, many impartial posters would agree, posters with advanced experience with boxing, including Brooklyn1550, who is an american and an outside observer of Calzaghe with no bias.

I don't feel I am being biased, I feel I am telling it like it is and most knowledge analysts agree.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #65
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 121,469
vCash: 36829
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
if you wanna say you think Cal would win, fine I disagree but its a reasonable opinion. . . Cal is a good fast fighter. . . but if you try to say "Taylor has no chance" thats just silly and makes you look bad.

Taylor may be a bigger than average middleweight, but he would have a clear physical size disadvantage against Joe. His speed at middleweight doesn't come close to Joe's at super. His power at middleweight isn't enough to put away welterweights. His workrate is unremarkable; Joe's is phenomenal. In what area does Jermain size up against Joe? Typically when someone is outclassed in literally every determinable area - it is safe to say they have no chance.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:26 PM   #66
JAM Killer
Coming Through.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 638
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

I for one do not like Taylor's chances at 168, for a lot of reasons, size not being one of them. Plus, 160 is a lot deeper anyway, there are a lot of guys to fight there.
JAM Killer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:33 PM   #67
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Well, many impartial posters would agree, posters with advanced experience with boxing, including Brooklyn1550, who is an american and an outside observer of Calzaghe with no bias.

I don't feel I am being biased, I feel I am telling it like it is and most knowledge analysts agree.
I dont think a handful of fanboys on ESB count as "most knowledge analysts"
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:36 PM   #68
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt
Taylor may be a bigger than average middleweight, but he would have a clear physical size disadvantage against Joe. His speed at middleweight doesn't come close to Joe's at super. His power at middleweight isn't enough to put away welterweights. His workrate is unremarkable; Joe's is phenomenal. In what area does Jermain size up against Joe? Typically when someone is outclassed in literally every determinable area - it is safe to say they have no chance.
JT is a huge MW at 6'1". . . Cal is 5'11". Id say the overall size is about even. Cal would have the speed advantage, JT would have the Jab and Power advantage. Experience would be close but Id give it to JT since he's gone 36 rounds with Hops and Winky. . . .all three ranked higher p4p in my book than Cal.


4. Taylor
6. Winky
7. Hops
9. Cal
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:30 PM   #69
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Joe is 6'1 - don't let his boxrec record disserve you

Notice Amsterdam won't touch my posts? He talks about analysis and then when someone throws it back in his face, he spends the rest of the thread avoiding it like a little bitchfist.
I have already argued with you on the subject many times, you spin nothing new and there is no point since you will not agree with me on the subject of Taylor or send any opposing evidence to the theories that I present.

You're views on Taylor are that of any media fed tool, I argue with these views all the time and there is no point bothering with someone who is nothing but rude.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #70
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Quite frankly, bitchfist - you couldn't reply to my post because it completely annihilated the premise of anything you've written and continues to annihilate the premise of anything you will write.

I'm simply all of your unpleasantaries towards a boxer that doesn't deserve it - then you turn around and praise Kessler?

I'm going to take you up on your three month Ban from ESB bet - When Taylor beats Pavlik's ass senseless - **** off, and this time - don't come back.
3 months?

Deal, I hope you comply.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #71
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

I find it hilarious that you think a prime Kessler could beat a prime Toney, Bhop and Hagler....maybe its just me..
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:43 PM   #72
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
I find it hilarious that you think a prime Kessler could beat a prime Toney, Bhop and Hagler....maybe its just me..
Executioner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #73
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
I find it hilarious that you think a prime Kessler could beat a prime Toney, Bhop and Hagler....maybe its just me..
He could. Just because those 3 are massive heralded names doesn't mean they beat everyone who is not a massively heralded name.

Kessler is a stylistic hell for Hagler outright, B-Hop would be a close fight and Toney shells up too much and is way to open for a jab to begin with. It's not like Toney was consistent either.

But Calzaghe beats all 3 with ease peak/peak, no question.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #74
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 75
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I have already argued with you on the subject many times, you spin nothing new and there is no point since you will not agree with me on the subject of Taylor or send any opposing evidence to the theories that I present.

You're views on Taylor are that of any media fed tool, I argue with these views all the time and there is no point bothering with someone who is nothing but rude.
Yeah, I'm sure he's never actually WATCHED Taylor.

I hate to say it Amsterdam, but Blocky is owning your ass on this one. He's by far making the better arguments.

Nice to see you goaded people into the real argument, which is whether Taylor could beat Calzaghe. I personally think not, but it's a much more reasonable argument than the argument that Taylor would be outside of the top 10, or even the top 5, at 168. The only logical argument for him not doing well at 168 (which you haven't even made) is that his heart just isn't in the sport anymore, and he's going the way of Panchito. He's looked worse each fight lately, and that's probably the best explaination - lord knows he doesn't have that many ring miles on him. Still, he absolutely punked guys who were the quality of the guys 3 - 10 at SMW, even if he's regressed, he should still be able to beat that level of fighter.

If you think Taylor's overrated, fine, you're entitled to your opinion. If you think he's lost 4 of his last 5 fights, fine, but there's a reason you're in the minority there. If you think he's a C+ level fighter, well that's just plain dumb and ignorant.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #75
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
This clown knows **** all about boxing, that's for sure.

Three month bet - you can **** off - no returning for you during the Calzaghe victory either, you can just stay gone until the New Year, bitchfist.
Blocky, you show a lack of sensible knowledge with every post on these subjects. You cannot correctly analyse, the only thing you have down correctly is that Calzaghe is a stylistic hell for Kessler and one that will give him a one sided victory.

But you believe that Taylor is superior to Kessler, this is absurdity and only because Taylor fought bigger recognised names. You haven't even correctly assessed Kessler's ability.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013