Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: what do you think of the peterson
they're fantastic young technicians who'll go on to be dominant world champs 2 50.00%
i haven't seen much of them, but from what i saw wasn't impressed 2 50.00%
never heard of them, when you said petersons i thought you talking about cricket or a TV show 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Smile *** The Peterson brothers ***

What do yall think of them?

I've been driving this Peterson bandwagon for over 2 years now and I ain't fitting to stop lol Lamont can flat out box (no denying that) what he lacks are the athleticism and pop. Anthony is more athletic and agile and the "beast" of the two. For me Lamont is better, I think they're both coached really well and were bread to be proto types. Most new boxers couldn't spell the word defense. I don't think judges will take to their styles though.

They're solid but no special effects, they have good fundamental bases, variety of punches (particularly Lamont who goes to the body really well) and they don't get flustered, but theres not that WOW factor, they kind of remind me of Hopkins, they'll have to have the mentality of bernard and a lot of perfect nights to dominate a division and athletes like Bradley or even Khan, they have this bad habit of telegraphing punches, they seem to have good heads on their shoulders though and good people around them, i like that tall, bald dude in the corner, gives really sound advise.

I believe Lamont has the WBO interim tag so you would think he's next in line for Bradley. But now with the reversal of Nate's L I have no idea when Lamont will see Tim. But it better be soon because two or three more fights then Tim will have mastered the third punch (the head). Then it's curtains as he'll be the next mini bernard and go on 20+ successful defenses at light welter lol! In all seriousness, you need to have great footwork to nullify Tim's swarm and Lamont gets an A+ in that category. Bradley will try and rough him up but I think Lamont has the temperament and more importantly the tools to beat him.

btw I was gonna post this in the general, but i respect the Brits views more, so as always DON'T BE SHY.

Last edited by slip&counter; 08-31-2009 at 08:55 PM.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
Vantage_West
ヒップホップ·プロデューサー
East Side VIP

Default Re: *** The Peterson brothers ***

yeah i was always annoyed how anthony was pushed to the front of the 2 of them as the exciting/explosive/impressive one. espn mildly dropped them when they just gave sound thorough boxing lessons instead of the flailing scrappy fights that casual fight fans (espn market) enjoy.

but lamonts boxing capability's are immensly solid. anthony's jumping in and leaning i think will get him caught but much later

it's interesting how 2 brothers fighting out the same gym, same trainer, same tough life gets different results
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West View Post
yeah i was always annoyed how anthony was pushed to the front of the 2 of them as the exciting/explosive/impressive one. espn mildly dropped them when they just gave sound thorough boxing lessons instead of the flailing scrappy fights that casual fight fans (espn market) enjoy.

but lamonts boxing capability's are immensly solid. anthony's jumping in and leaning i think will get him caught but much later

it's interesting how 2 brothers fighting out the same gym, same trainer, same tough life gets different results
what do you think of that monica seles, serena williams esque granting they do? I think it telegraphs their punches and smart fighters are gonna pick up on that, its like a fighter touching his gloves before he punches or bouncing just before/after doing something.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Vantage_West
ヒップホップ·プロデューサー
East Side VIP

"bop bop"

it's an amatuer move. makes judges take note. i used to do taekwondo and you were always told in compeition to "kiyup" after a move. it's like saying "howzaat" in cricket

true, maybe sends off signals to there opponant but both are immensly fast the punch usually lands before they complete the word(I.E. emphasis on breathing).
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West View Post
"bop bop"
it's more of a "BAH, BAH, BAH"

and they do it almost at the point of throwing
Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
FrankinDallas

The grunting is enough to want to see them both get KTFO horribly, destructively and decisively.
FrankinDallas is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankinDallas View Post
The grunting is enough to want to see them both get KTFO horribly, destructively and decisively.

exactly way i didn't post it in the GF
Old 08-31-2009, 10:38 PM   #8
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Saw one (not sure which) the other week and wasn't overly impressed.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 PM   #9
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

^ oh ye of little faith lol I think they'll both be "world champs" and be relevent into their 30s (depending on what they do outside the squared circle of course) watch this space....

btw do you think there is any truth to the rumours that steve cunningham is following adamek up to heavyweight? that would be a bad look for USS, would've thought a trip south would be better. I think it would be better for him to go down to 175 but i wonder if his body would let him. He must be what 32 or 33?

I don't think Steve's moving up to heavyweight and i don't think he would be able to move down to 175. trimming that much weight would be detriment at this stage. Correct me if I'm wrong but USS and Chris Byrd are very good friends in which USS helped Chris spar in that one fight at Light heavy. I would have to think that Steve saw first hand what Light heavy can do to a 200+ man in his thirties...and Steve is too smart to lose real muscle for a division that is Joeless and soon to be Royless and probably Bernardless. Only one really left is Awesome Dawson or Maple Leaf Pascal. I'd say stay at cruierweight as Roy and bernard are heading your and BJ's way northbound.

but then again its the halfway house that is cruiserweight.

Last edited by slip&counter; 09-01-2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #10
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

He wouldn't make LHW in a million years, not healthily anyway...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2009, 12:57 AM   #11
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

yep, no way he can make it, he'd be just as worse off at heavyweight in a different way obviously.

there must've been some tinkering with that photo though, no?

I feel a bit for guys like Cunningham in the cruiserweight division in that you can get athletic, mobile, skillful guys with power and a couple of obese heavyweights will make more money, because the cruiserweight division is stuck between two glamour divisions and is ignored.

I like Cunningham the guy has skills and is woven from the "old skool" cloth in that you'll never see him enjoying the temptations of life (beer, cigarettes, weed, red meat, etc) in between fights or after a disappointing loss. He stay's close to his scale weight even in 6 month downtimes by being a gym rat and eating vegetables and not clubbing and chasing after the skirts. Thats what i mean when i say particular fighters will remain relevant in their late 30s with no Roy Jones fade as they don't rely on athleticism.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:19 AM   #12
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

neither of them have any power
faisal is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #13
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal View Post
neither of them have any power
you don't need that much power when your well rounded like they are, anthony is the beast of the two as i said and has more pop, but they have such good foundations that they're gonna give a lot of these sluggers and straight aheaders fits.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #14
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

I seen the same one twice was impressed by him but not by his competition would like to see him step it up think it was the better boxing one of the two.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #15
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

^ must've been Lamont, he was on a couple of setanta undercards

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum