Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #16
maka
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: FNFN _ Simpson v Truscott ..Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
its what simpson does on the night that matters,he been looking brilliant in the gym,everyone will see the improvment on friday,simpson to win by whatever way.
it's just taking the gym sharpness to the ring billy, good luck to wee simmie anyways
maka is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #17
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

Closer fight, both good fighters and ones we can be proud of at national level.

Close but concise UD for Simpson
Smith is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #18
BoroBoxing1
Train Hard Fight Easier
ESB Full Member

Paul Truscot tottally out boxing him Paul really improved am sure john simpson has but he has got no were near the skills of trussy ! Truscott UD
BoroBoxing1 is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #19
southbankabc

A lot of silly comments being posted about this fight. What the hell were you lot watching in the first fight between the two of them???? How the hell was Simpson beating Trussy up???????? Truscott was ahead on points on two of the cards and in my personal opinion apart from a couple of bad rounds I felt he was well ahead. He lost on a bullshit stoppage because the doctor panicked when he saw the cut (caused by a headclash, intentional as far as i'm concerned, accidential my arse). If the fight had been in America the fight would have gone to the scorecards and all you John Simpson arse kissers would have nothing to write about as Trussy would still be Champion. Also even for those who do think Simpson was on his way to winning....i'm sure Championship fights are for 12 rounds, not 8 rounds so whose to say Paul wouldn't have come on strong in those final rounds??

I've said this many times now but I do think John Simpson is a good fighter and I like to watch him and it could turn out to be a very hard fight this friday night. But seriously some of you lot need to think before you write things. The way some of you are talking you would think that it was all one way traffic for Simpson last time and for me that is just pure bias going on there. Again take note...I'm favouring Truscott and people might say i'm biased but if you read my comments properly you will see that I have said it could be a hard nights work on Friday for Trussy whatever happens so don't get your kilts in a twist!

Just a final little note for those who think Simpson has improved so much and got so much stronger since the last fight......there is a flip side to that coin....Truscott has also gotten stronger and improved more since the last fight also. For anyone who don't think Trussy can punch and so on fair enough...but i know he is a lot stronger now and I think Simpson is going to find out friday night. The best Paul Truscott beats the best John Simpson.
southbankabc is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #20
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbankabc View Post
A lot of silly comments being posted about this fight. What the hell were you lot watching in the first fight between the two of them???? How the hell was Simpson beating Trussy up???????? Truscott was ahead on points on two of the cards and in my personal opinion apart from a couple of bad rounds I felt he was well ahead. He lost on a bullshit stoppage because the doctor panicked when he saw the cut (caused by a headclash, intentional as far as i'm concerned, accidential my arse). If the fight had been in America the fight would have gone to the scorecards and all you John Simpson arse kissers would have nothing to write about as Trussy would still be Champion. Also even for those who do think Simpson was on his way to winning....i'm sure Championship fights are for 12 rounds, not 8 rounds so whose to say Paul wouldn't have come on strong in those final rounds??

I've said this many times now but I do think John Simpson is a good fighter and I like to watch him and it could turn out to be a very hard fight this friday night. But seriously some of you lot need to think before you write things. The way some of you are talking you would think that it was all one way traffic for Simpson last time and for me that is just pure bias going on there. Again take note...I'm favouring Truscott and people might say i'm biased but if you read my comments properly you will see that I have said it could be a hard nights work on Friday for Trussy whatever happens so don't get your kilts in a twist!

Just a final little note for those who think Simpson has improved so much and got so much stronger since the last fight......there is a flip side to that coin....Truscott has also gotten stronger and improved more since the last fight also. For anyone who don't think Trussy can punch and so on fair enough...but i know he is a lot stronger now and I think Simpson is going to find out friday night. The best Paul Truscott beats the best John Simpson.
If you are so confident how about a 2 week aviater bet??? If truscott wins you choose whatever you like ill keep it for 2 weeks but WHEN john wins you do likewise???
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #21
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I reckon same type of fight as the last 1 pretty even first 3-4 rounds maybe even truscott ahead then John to dominate the middle rounds leading to an 8th round stoppage.

Also wth john spending alot more time with billy nelson i think its given him a new lease of life and that spark that seemed to be missiung against appleby.
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #22
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

southbank i respect your opinon mate but simpson at his best will stop paul at his best,simpson has fought better than paul before imo,although through time truscott will win other titles
billy nelson is online now  Top
Old 09-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #23
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

I'm going with Simpson to retain his crown. Last fight he was starting to look on top going into championship rounds. Plus with Billy saying he's improved Paul's in for a harder night then last time so Paul's gonna have to get to work from get go.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #24
smjm089
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 108

Simpson stops him late on by wearing him down like he was on his way to doing the last time before Truscott got cut.
smjm089 is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #25
Kunobert

vCash: 1017

Hey Guys

Can you give me the odds from the first Simpson - Truscott Fight?

thank you
Kunobert is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #26
almsn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Only a couple of hours till it starts now.I defintley think Simpson'll stop Truscott.This is the first decent fight we've had for ages since setanta went down.
almsn is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #27
Mr. V.I.P.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Simpson is at 4's to win by KO. Stuck a tenner on them odds.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Mr. V.I.P. is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #28
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

I'll be backing Simpson but I think Truscott will pick up a points win with a late spurt.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #29
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V.I.P. View Post
Simpson is at 4's to win by KO. Stuck a tenner on them odds.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #30
Pottypete
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 15454

I've got simpson to stop truscott at 6/1 with will hill.
Pottypete is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum