boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 07:49 AM   #61
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
Posts: 3,762
vCash: 1841
Default Re: Khan vs Murray in December

Big step down in opponent for Khan.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #62
China Rich
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: With my beautiful Chinese princess...
Posts: 562
vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan vs Murray in December

this whole thread is moot chaps, i have a sneaking suspicion that a thaxton drinking in the last chance saloon is motivated enough and has enough left in the tank for a final hurrah and will shock murray when they meet. khan can then be accused of avoiding jonno again instead...
China Rich is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #63
mughalmirza786
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan vs Murray in December

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazallan View Post
Big step down in opponent for Khan.
Murray still has his shot in a potential fight with khan because he can dig a bit and is a strong willed fighter. I just dont see the skill in him though to compete at a higher level. At 140 khan probably wins every round on route to a stoppage victory.
mughalmirza786 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #64
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
Posts: 3,762
vCash: 1841
Default Re: Khan vs Murray in December

Quote:
Originally Posted by mughalmirza786 View Post
Murray still has his shot in a potential fight with khan because he can dig a bit and is a strong willed fighter. I just dont see the skill in him though to compete at a higher level. At 140 khan probably wins every round on route to a stoppage victory.

Murray is a solid domestic level prospect who could go onto Euro level and earn a shot at a title at light welter but against probably the greatest fighter of the modern generation of elite world class boxers he has no chance.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #65
gallardo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 367
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan vs Murray in December

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazallan View Post
Murray is a solid domestic level prospect who could go onto Euro level and earn a shot at a title at light welter but against probably the greatest fighter of the modern generation of elite world class boxers he has no chance.
Easy now Mazallan. I want Khan to win, but I reckon if he fought Murray he'd go down at least once in the fight.

Khan is definately more talented but under pressure with a guy who can pop, I don't think it'll be a walk in the park.
gallardo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #66
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In The Blue Corner...
Posts: 4,903
vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan vs Murray in December

I think that Khan will have this contest and vacate back to the Lightweights...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #67
mughalmirza786
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan vs Murray in December

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazallan View Post
Murray is a solid domestic level prospect who could go onto Euro level and earn a shot at a title at light welter but against probably the greatest fighter of the modern generation of elite world class boxers he has no chance.
For one thing murray is horribly easy to hit, khan aint no sweet pea but hes fast. I said murray will have his moments in the a potential fight with khan but he just isnt that good.
mughalmirza786 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #68
gallardo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 367
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan vs Murray in December

Guys,

This is 100% not happening according to Frank ******, see the latest news clipping here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It seems to me like Salita is stalling and Khan may have to go in with another opponent for his next fight. Given it's not going to be Murray and assuming Salita still plays chicken, who is the most likely person Khan will be thrown in with come December 2009?
gallardo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:24 AM   #69
Jeff Young
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 7241
Default Re: Khan vs Murray in December

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallardo View Post
Guys,

This is 100% not happening according to Frank ******, see the latest news clipping here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It seems to me like Salita is stalling and Khan may have to go in with another opponent for his next fight. Given it's not going to be Murray and assuming Salita still plays chicken, who is the most likely person Khan will be thrown in with come December 2009?
i still think it will be salita in december or jan....

there has been rumors floating on argentine radio, of salita vs maidana.....then their was a report out that said they want holt vs maidana....

to me these are possible opponents for khan.....salita(most likely),murray(2nd choice),malignaggi(distant 3rd, only because paulie's promoter has been floating it out there)....
Jeff Young is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015