Old 09-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #16
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 172
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton View Post
The reason why Setanta dont exist these days is they paid over the odds for the football deals they done with the FA and Priemier League. All the other sports they wouldn't have spent as much combined compared to all there football deals.

Sky do what they always do best keep ****** fighters happy and since they resigned ****** they have little or no big fights from the US. If they do it is as part of a Khan or Hatton PPV. Sky has forgoten all about boxing for years you would of thought when Setanta was about that Sky would get more better quaility fights because they are covering boxing years but no they got **** all. That alone shows they gave up on boxing.
Setanta was paying up to 75% more than the market value for the fights... What do you think Sky should have done? Why do you think Sky is so suceessful as a business?
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #17
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

calm down Lee FFS. I was asking who you are because you put the follwing comment in you first post.....

"However, surely you don't expect us to financially ruin ourselves to complete with idiots like Setanta who had no business sense?"

See now the word US in their said to me that you may have indeed worked for them hence why I asked who you were
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #18
griff
WOODDDDDDDYA
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Carl Froch has wrote in Adam Smith's blog.
griff is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #19
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

saying what
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #20
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
saying what
Here it is, Slayer:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It's obviously someone taking the piss but it's still funny to think Sky published that and nothing mentioned on here (as of yet).
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #21
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
calm down Lee FFS. I was asking who you are because you put the follwing comment in you first post.....

"However, surely you don't expect us to financially ruin ourselves to complete with idiots like Setanta who had no business sense?"

See now the word US in their said to me that you may have indeed worked for them hence why I asked who you were

Sorry, it's been a crap day and I need a beer and some ***!
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #22
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
Sorry, it's been a crap day and I need a beer and some ***!
You surely don't expect Dan to oblige? It's always interesting seeing a difference in opinion on here anyway. I see your point about Sky previously being very good but, for me, that doesn't make up for the present situation- the underacrd fiasco for the Kotelnik-Khan fight was completely stupid as well, IMO.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #23
GrovesVDegale

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
You surely don't expect Dan to oblige? It's always interesting seeing a difference in opinion on here anyway. I see your point about Sky previously being very good but, for me, that doesn't make up for the present situation- the underacrd fiasco for the Kotelnik-Khan fight was completely stupid as well, IMO.
Excuse my ignorance Losfer, what happened for the kahn-kotelnik fight, what was the underrcard fiasco on the Sky coverage? Was in the MEN so didnt pick up on things...
Old 09-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #24
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrovesVDegale View Post
Excuse my ignorance Losfer, what happened for the kahn-kotelnik fight, what was the underrcard fiasco on the Sky coverage? Was in the MEN so didnt pick up on things...
They televised all of the mismatches involving the 'Olympians' live as well as Small-Hall but never showed Brook-Lomax, Enzo-Lebedev or the Mitchell fight. Bearing in mind they had a scheduled hour left of coverage, they never even broadcasted delayed coverage or highlights of any of the fights I mentioned either. It was a disgrace, IMO. I was left feeling a tad shortchanged- at least ****** put the entire fights on youtube a few days afterwards, though.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #25
GrovesVDegale

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
They televised all of the mismatches involving the 'Olympians' live as well as Small-Hall but never showed Brook-Lomax, Enzo-Lebedev or the Mitchell fight. Bearing in mind they had a scheduled hour left of coverage, they never even broadcasted delayed coverage or highlights of any of the fights I mentioned either. It was a disgrace, IMO. I was left feeling a tad shortchanged- at least ****** put the entire fights on youtube a few days afterwards, though.
Yeah, I'm pleased to see ****** putting the fights on there, not just interviews, that's great. I don't understand why Sky wouldn't show those fights?? I remember on the night being surprised to see Brook on so early. I thought he'd go last before Khan. That said, it was a good bit of prime time coverage for the Olympians which will help build them up.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #26
DAVEMAKER
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

haha probably not, they never showed my comment on one there articles about US fans being conned by julio ceasar chavez jr being on ppv and how they were just using his name.... i left a comment about how sky put AMIR KHAN on ppv and they werent impressed
DAVEMAKER is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #27
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-14-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #28
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

didnt they just make a recent deal with hatton promotions??
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
jspain
Journeyman

just posted this comment , about their lack of boxing from america

i think sky do a fairly good job with their coverage of domestic boxing. some of the undercards can be poor though. its their us coverage that has let them down badly in the last year or two. i think im right in saying that the mayweather v marquez fight will be the first us fight shown live on sky sports since mosley v moyorga last september. thats not counting the hatton ppv's or de la hoya v pac. we got a couple of delayed showings in june which were better than nothing being shown. and people might say setanta had alot of fights. but there was some they did not show like williams v wright , the lightweight tournament in april and there is more as well. to only get 2 live us fights a year on normal sky is a disgrace. we should be getting most of the top rank and golden boy stuff live. or at the very least delayed next day coverage like sky used to do 4 or 5 years ago. in this day and age a week is too long to be waiting for a delayed showing. 4 or 5 bills a year inc the couple of american ppv's does not constitute regular american coverage for me. i think most would agree that sky's coverage of us fights was very good 4 or 5 years ago. and boxing fans want it to get back to that level where we were getting us action every 2 or 3 weeks at least and most of the american bills were screened. we need alot more us fights than 3 or 4 a year.
jspain is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #30
felix
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Put it this way, anything negative about them will not be shown.
felix is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum