Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #31
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,161
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-14-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #32
jspain
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 56
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Put it this way, anything negative about them will not be shown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
I get the feeling they won't be showing many of our comments.
they might not show many of the comments but at least someone at sky will have had the pleasure of reading them
jspain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #33
felix
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London
Posts: 420
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspain View Post
they might not show many of the comments but at least someone at sky will have had the pleasure of reading them
someone should send a virus to the sky site shutting it down and putting a message up saying we promise to show more boxing.

(If i don't post within the next 24 hours than murdoch has sent his boys around to shut me up)
felix is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #34
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 5,702
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
someone should send a virus to the sky site shutting it down and putting a message up saying we promise to show more boxing.

(If i don't post within the next 24 hours than murdoch has sent his boys around to shut me up)


I just checked- suprise, suprise, they haven't put anything up mentioned on here. Someone should send a comment with nothing but praise for Sky and we can all laugh when it's published!Sky's very own media-spin arm.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #35
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 13,328
vCash: 999
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post


I just checked- suprise, suprise, they haven't put anything up mentioned on here. Someone should send a comment with nothing but praise for Sky and we can all laugh when it's published!Sky's very own media-spin arm.
Done
kosaros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #36
davidjay
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 717
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
I've never hid behind some user name. My name is Lee McCloskey and I don't work for Sky. I just hate the way that Setanta developed a cult status during their brief existance despite the fact that their modus operandi was to purchase as much sport as possible, whatever the cost, to force people into subscribing to them. Do you REALLY think that they REALLY cared about the viewers?
Of course Setanta purchased sport to get subscribers. That's the way TV channels operate. Why did Sky pay over the odds to get the first Premier League contract? Because without it they would have gone out of business.

The difference between Sky and Setanta is that Sky had News International backing them through their early years.
davidjay is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #37
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In that 3 feet of stew again...
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
Done
really?
slip&counter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #38
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 13,328
vCash: 999
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
really?
Yep, I even said that Mayweather vs Marquez is going to be the next Hagler vs Hearns
kosaros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:33 AM   #39
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 8,695
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

I've just sent them this........

"I hope and Pray that Sky show this message however I doubt they will. Adam you are trying to fool a fanbase which can see it is being shortchanged. You can fool the football/cricket fans as they have other options and means of watching their sports which may gloss over what you say. Us boxing fans will not see no boxing unless yourselves at Sky show it. Setanta have gone and since the days of Harrison, the BBC have refused to show it (cheers Audley). We know when you aren't showing the fights because we CANNOT WATCH IT ANYWHERE ELSE. Take PPV shows (15 and we dont get to see the whole card) away from your figures and what are we left with ? Friday Night fights which are generally full of meaningless Commonwealth/Lonsdale defenses and 1 per bill at that, and maybe 3 or 4 US cards at best. Sky used to be a fantastic outlet for Boxing fans however nowadays your coverage is abysmal. The problem stands is that at the moment your coverage is the best so you have no need to change this ! Why aren't you picking up the Hayemaker fights now ? Why aren't you picking up the Super 6 Tourny ? Why haven't you snapped up the Sauerland and Top Rank deals which Setanta had. You'd get them cheap now wouldn't you ? Please ansewr this and dont just ignore it like you have done with all the other messages you have done so far !!!"
Dan684 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #40
DAVEMAKER
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 221
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
I've just sent them this........

"I hope and Pray that Sky show this message however I doubt they will. Adam you are trying to fool a fanbase which can see it is being shortchanged. You can fool the football/cricket fans as they have other options and means of watching their sports which may gloss over what you say. Us boxing fans will not see no boxing unless yourselves at Sky show it. Setanta have gone and since the days of Harrison, the BBC have refused to show it (cheers Audley). We know when you aren't showing the fights because we CANNOT WATCH IT ANYWHERE ELSE. Take PPV shows (15 and we dont get to see the whole card) away from your figures and what are we left with ? Friday Night fights which are generally full of meaningless Commonwealth/Lonsdale defenses and 1 per bill at that, and maybe 3 or 4 US cards at best. Sky used to be a fantastic outlet for Boxing fans however nowadays your coverage is abysmal. The problem stands is that at the moment your coverage is the best so you have no need to change this ! Why aren't you picking up the Hayemaker fights now ? Why aren't you picking up the Super 6 Tourny ? Why haven't you snapped up the Sauerland and Top Rank deals which Setanta had. You'd get them cheap now wouldn't you ? Please ansewr this and dont just ignore it like you have done with all the other messages you have done so far !!!"
DAVEMAKER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #41
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 8,695
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Whats your problem ?
Dan684 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #42
leighton
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 650
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Lads the more people of this site bombard his blog the better I say. Skys love in with football and cricket is a joke I like my football but what they have done and always do do is concentrate on those sports more than boxing. Even look at the Darts they show great coverage of ****ing darts a fat mans sport. Boxing the fine art is getting screwed by these and this bellend should get bombarded over his blog. If he was a real boxing fan he wouldn't be happy at the lack of coverage at Sky for the big fights from the US be it live or delayed but prints this blog. Grow some balls is what I say and tell it how it is how poor the coverage is like any other boxing fan would do.
leighton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #43
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 8,695
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Yeah Leighton. I wanna see what DaveMaker has a problem with it for ???

And Adam Smith is only saying it coz he's on the payroll
Dan684 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #44
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
Setanta was paying up to 75% more than the market value for the fights... What do you think Sky should have done? Why do you think Sky is so suceessful as a business?

i dont doubt your qouted ,but can you give me an example of this ?i have never heard that before...cheers
alba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #45
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 5,702
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Sky show my coment?

Just sent this:

We know full well that Sky have been censoring critical comments. We've even had a good laugh about it here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

By leaving out critical comments you are only pasting over your own subscribers' honest feedback on your organisation's abysmal coverage of boxing- if you really don't care what your paying customers think then that is up to you.

Now, you've set a precedent here so I don't expect this message to be printed- I would much rather you printed my original comment.

Cheers, Adam and the Sky Stooges.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013