Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default ******: Murray not ranked by WBA

Like Khan was...

On the scene it says that ****** has said he is still in negotiations are any rumours about a John Murray fight are untrue.

****** is avoiding Murray
ishy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ******: Murray not ranked by WBA

Please don't tee subjects up for the haters, Ish! Anyway, personally, I think it's good news. I'd love to see the Murray fight but December is bloody ages away. Get Salita out the way and unify, IMO. I'd still love to see the Murray fight sometime in the future, though.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

After Sailta if Khan wins which he should, Khan should fight Devon Alexander for his WBC title.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Murray will most likely be ranked with the WBC, who tend to rank people according to their achievements, i.e. winning national/regional titles - unless they are King fighters of course.

The WBA have never heard of such logic. They don't even have Jamie Moore in the top 15
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Who has Murray won to deserve being rated in any top 15? He is still at domestic level and will probably spend the next year milling around euro level before he does anything worthy and by that time Khan will be a global superstar and multi weight champion who only fights in super catchweight fights against ring icons and not rugged brawlers from Lancashire.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
nickythekid
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
Please don't tee subjects up for the haters, Ish! Anyway, personally, I think it's good news. I'd love to see the Murray fight but December is bloody ages away. Get Salita out the way and unify, IMO. I'd still love to see the Murray fight sometime in the future, though.

i'm not a fan of khan, he is bogus. fighters should fight, not just the opponents they think they will beat, everyone. and when you have fought everyone then say you are the man not before. thaxton and murray he should have fought, do you agree, also are you a fan of khan?
nickythekid is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickythekid View Post
i'm not a fan of khan, he is bogus. fighters should fight, not just the opponents they think they will beat, everyone. and when you have fought everyone then say you are the man not before. thaxton and murray he should have fought, do you agree, also are you a fan of khan?

Kotelnik is better than both Murrray and Thaxton.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
When did I say you were a hater, mate? All of my posts aren't aimed at you- prior to an hour ago I'd never once spoken to you. By 'haters' I mean the jokers who keep spewing the 'Khan is ducking' and 'china-chinned/ glass jawed joke' lines out constantly. I'm on about the people so blinded by hate all they will do is attack certain fighters in spite of what they achieve.

I am also no Khan nuthugger, I just think he deserves a bit more respect for the Kotelnik win than he has got. And yes, of course he should have fought Murray and Thaxton- that's a given and the fights should have happened, IMO. This is why Kel Brook deserves a huge amount of respect, IMO- he wants to tidy up the domestic scene and have no questions left to answer before moving onto European level if he beats Jennings.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
Lewisbell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Khan vs. Salita at MSG on the undercard of a big fight in December
Lewisbell is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #10
nickythekid
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
When did I say you were a hater, mate? All of my posts aren't aimed at you- prior to an hour ago I'd never once spoken to you. By 'haters' I mean the jokers who keep spewing the 'Khan is ducking' and 'china-chinned/ glass jawed joke' lines out constantly. I'm on about the people so blinded by hate all they will do is attack certain fighters in spite of what they achieve.

I am also no Khan nuthugger, I just think he deserves a bit more respect for the Kotelnik win than he has got. And yes, of course he should have fought Murray and Thaxton- that's a given and the fights should have happened, IMO. This is why Kel Brook deserves a huge amount of respect, IMO- he wants to tidy up the domestic scene and have no questions left to answer before moving onto European level if he beats Jennings.

i didn't say you said i was a hater, i'm still getting the hang of forum etiquette wanted to know if you was a fan, i can see you try to stay unbiased in your assesment of fighters, just interested in what you thought of him, besides whats on paper
Old 09-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
nickythekid
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazallan View Post
Kotelnik is better than both Murrray and Thaxton.

better skills wise you mean? skills and talent dont always win fights. as a spectator it doesn't always make the best viewing either
Old 09-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
i didn't say you said i was a hater, i'm still getting the hang of forum etiquette wanted to know if you was a fan, i can see you try to stay unbiased in your assesment of fighters, just interested in what you thought of him, besides whats on paper
Look, prior to Prescott I was never sold on the Khan hype-train but after the loss, and the way he was treated as well as some of the disgraceful hate he got, I turned into a huge fan. I wish the bloke, as well as anybody brave enough to be a pro fighter, all the best. Like anyone else, I was annoyed the Thaxton fight never happened (I even had an email read out about it on the Bunce hour) but I accept now that it will never happen. Hopefully Murray might be able to pick a world title strap up at 135 and Khan might drop back down to fight him- I don't see how it will happen anytime soon otherwise (unless Khan loses). Some unfinished business there I think. I still think Khan has too much for him, though, although it is a massive domestic fight. No excuses for the Thaxton fight not to have happened years ago, though.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #13
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Quote:
better skills wise you mean? skills and talent dont always win fights. as a spectator it doesn't always make the best viewing either

Better as in he would beat Thaxton and Murray.. Thaxton is on his way out and Murray is domestic.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #14
nickythekid
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Look, prior to Prescott I was never sold on the Khan hype-train but after the loss, and the way he was treated as well as some of the disgraceful hate he got, I turned into a huge fan. I wish the bloke, as well as anybody brave enough to be a pro fighter, all the best. Like anyone else, I was annoyed the Thaxton fight never happened (I even had an email read out about it on the Bunce hour) but I accept now that it will never happen. Hopefully Murray might be able to pick a world title strap up at 135 and Khan might drop back down to fight him- I don't see how it will happen anytime soon otherwise (unless Khan loses). Some unfinished business there I think. I still think Khan has too much for him, though, although it is a massive domestic fight. No excuses for the Thaxton fight not to have happened years ago, though.
i dont think khan will fight murray now as its a backward step for him, not saying he isn't brave but he was a millionaire before he stepped in a pro ring, i'm not inspired by him, i dont think i'm as subjective as you when i'm watching boxing,i respect your opinion
Old 09-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #15
nickythekid
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazallan View Post
Better as in he would beat Thaxton and Murray.. Thaxton is on his way out and Murray is domestic.
yes maybe so but i wouldn't count out a hungry, determined fighter like murray against khan. if murray was a no risk fighter khan would have fought him by now imo

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum