gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900
Default Re: Truscott Simpson has started SS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Cheers Pal

I must admit Simpson looks to have improved hand over fist since the Burns fight
I agree, Simpson looked in great condition tonight and he was very impressive.

Kudos to both men, that was all action and I felt bad for Truscott getting those cuts so early.
gasman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #62
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Thats the closest i have seen to a Scott Harrison in years.

No i dont look for one, yet after watching then wondering..............i cant compare it to no other fighter i know that well.

Regarding, straight forward, etc etc etc
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #63
safc1990
Goodbye Bolo :(
ESB Addict

vCash: 2952

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
Very gracious of you, tell Paul that all the lads from the North East are proud of him
Yeah, I'll echo those sentiments.
safc1990 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #64
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggie View Post
can i just say,well done to John Simpson,i am Paul Truscotts dad,i think he was well losing the fight,i spoke toPaul when he was getting his eye stitched,he was fkd{he told me} after the 3rd round,please believe me,that is the last time you will see our Paul at featherweight,this is NOT an excuse,he had to lose 6lbs on the morning of the fight,hes just too tall,plus hes being doing strength training,his shoulders and arms are getting huge,like i say,honestly,he can not do the weight,that is taking nowt away from John Simpson who spoke to my wife{she said he is a gentleman} i#ll pull her up about that lol,all joking aside,well done John,id have give our Paul 2-3 rounds at most,thats being generous,well done John u are a real champion.
Your son deserves all the praise he gets, mate. He went out on his shield and there is absolutely no shame in that performance at all- what a warrior. All best wishes to him with with regards to his cuts healing and whichever weight division he chooses to go to next (be it super feather or, by the sounds of it, maybe even lightweight). Please let him know about all of the positive feedback he has had as he deserves it- there's no way he should feel he let anyone down, least of all himself.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #65
punchdrunkgench
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
can i just say,well done to John Simpson,i am Paul Truscotts dad,i think he was well losing the fight,i spoke toPaul when he was getting his eye stitched,he was fkd{he told me} after the 3rd round,please believe me,that is the last time you will see our Paul at featherweight,this is NOT an excuse,he had to lose 6lbs on the morning of the fight,hes just too tall,plus hes being doing strength training,his shoulders and arms are getting huge,like i say,honestly,he can not do the weight,that is taking nowt away from John Simpson who spoke to my wife{she said he is a gentleman} i#ll pull her up about that lol,all joking aside,well done John,id have give our Paul 2-3 rounds at most,thats being generous,well done John u are a real champion.
thanks for taking the time to psot in here so soon after the fight
it was an a amazing fight
great fights are only great because they take 2 fighters to make them great and ur boy more than played his part this fight we will be talked about for months to come and must be a strong contender for fight of the year.
like others have said please pass on the positive reaction ur boys performance has earned on here
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #66
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:
Just saw this, all i can say is, you should be and will be very proud.

Not just proud but learnt yourself just as much as your son tonight.

More or less given certain natural factors.

Great to see you on here and i dont for one second take away from what you said , given the weight etc etc.

I hope you stick around, more so your son, he is young, more than full blooded and not just a credit to boxing but to himself foremost.

I bet he feels down, devestated, gutted, withdrawn....................thats natural given the effort he put in tonight.

Thats 10%, the 90% he just showed...............he should be damn well pleased at the lesson he learnt, he gave a lot AND he learnt a lot.

He's a winner, FACT !!!

He lost tonight, he didnt get beat though.
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #67
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Quote:
Your son showed great heart in the ring tonight and after a long period without seeing any live boxing this one was a crackin fight. Pass on our best to Paul, he is warrior and I look forward to his return.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #68
bangbang

its coming back on sky later - half twelve or half one! i saw the first four rounds of that and it looked like a great fight and a battle. two warriors. really hope simpson fights lindsay!

unfortunately my mother insisted on watching big brother(!!!) as it was the final so will have to catch up later.
bangbang is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #69
Mr. V.I.P.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Truscott has a very bad habit of bringing his left hand back low which is why he got hit by so many rights. And leaning forward on the inside head first when his gloves should be up which will deflect simpsons head most of the time. Also, some head movement would help him a lot.

Showed loads of heart though and good luck to him.
Mr. V.I.P. is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #70
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Absolute warrior that boy is.

He did look extremely drawn at the weigh in though, his eye balls bulging.

Maybe that's been a factor in him getting cut easily considering he may have less fluid around his skin.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #71
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

the thing billy nelson reckond simpson could make the weight below but if he fights the way did tonight i believe making he wieght below could take to much out of him for the tyle he fights
Robert is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #72
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
the thing billy nelson reckond simpson could make the weight below but if he fights the way did tonight i believe making he wieght below could take to much out of him for the tyle he fights

aye he looked ripped in the fight and drawn at the weight in too, although Truscott more so.

Couldn't possibly imagine how he would make the weight below. Mind you Billy knows better than us.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #73
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

mr truscott i know you are and you have every right to be so proud of your son tonight both in and out the ring,paul is an absoulte gentleman,i wish him all the best in the future.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2009, 04:41 AM   #74
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

What a gent Pauls father is to have come on here so soon after the fight. Top marks and I hope his son goes on to do well in the future
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2009, 04:55 AM   #75
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well what a brilliant fight! Great way to kick off the new season and with the way Sky are hyping their coming schedule I'm suddenly feeling excited and positive again.

John Simpson is one of those steely types and looked like a man on a mission. Some of the action in that fight was simply spell binding. Truscott showed enough to suggest he can still go on and have a decent career.

Amazing fight, nice one Sky.
dan-b is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum