Old 09-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #91
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who IS the Next Great Black Hope in the Heavyweight division

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingcar
That's as far as he'll go...no way this guy will ever unite the belts though.
+ he's not even american.
In this era of Heavywieghts Peter has as good a chance as anyone to unite the belts.
box03 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #92
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by box03
In this era of Heavywieghts Peter has as good a chance as anyone to unite the belts.
No , and neither will wlad actually...
And this era is as good as any other eras.

Only difference is that eastern euro fighters aren't banned like they were back in america's "golden era" of boxing. You know the one....
in which you only had US vs US.
boxingcar is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #93
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No , and neither will wlad actually...
And this era is as good as any other eras.

Only difference is that eastern euro fighters aren't banned like they were back in america's "golden era" of boxing. You know the one....
in which you only had US vs US.
Eastern europeans sucked back than, why in the the 60s and 70s did guys like Ali, Frazier, and Foreman win gold at the olympics. Our champs were real back then, now we have fighters like Brock who learned everything he knew from his dad who never boxed a day in his life and watched instructional videos on how to teach his son how to box. Yeah this era stacks up real well against the 70s and 90s, you ask the average person walking the street today who the champ is and they will probably say Holyfield or I dont know. Heavywieght boxing is going down hill, you got to be blind or retarded not realize that.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 06:12 PM   #94
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Eastern europeans sucked back than, why in the the 60s and 70s did guys like Ali, Frazier, and Foreman win gold at the olympics. Our champs were real back then, now we have fighters like Brock who learned everything he knew from his dad who never boxed a day in his life and watched instructional videos on how to teach his son how to box. Yeah this era stacks up real well against the 70s and 90s, you ask the average person walking the street today who the champ is and they will probably say Holyfield or I dont know. Heavywieght boxing is going down hill, you got to be blind or retarded not realize that.
No. That's wishfull thinking on your part.
The best eastern euro fighters used to be banned. big difference.
Check Foreman's record , check Ali's record...and see for yourself.
US vs US. that's what their record career is.

Back in the 60's...Ali had to fight a polish coffeehouse manager to win gold...
you know who that polish fighter was right?..Pietrzykowski

Before his fight against Ali , he wasn't even a silver medalist winner..
He won bronze in 56.
that's the best guy they could get back then.

and all the best talents used to get banned.

Take a look at Lennox Lewis's amateur record for a reality check and take a close look at all his losses...
Old 09-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #95
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
you ask the average person walking the street today who the champ is and they will probably say Holyfield or I dont know. Heavywieght boxing is going down hill, you got to be blind or retarded not realize that.
Ask the same question outside of america and you'll get a different answer. chances are , kids know more about today's mma champs than boxing's anyway.

HW boxing is going downhill...well...true , down hill for americans that is.
ever since eatsern euros were allowed to participate , things have changed dramatically that's for sure.

like i said before , US vs US..but that was then...today , the competition is finally international.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #96
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
how could someone with 600+ posts here demonstrate so little knowledge about boxing?...get off peter's nuts already.
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #97
semichin

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bombasto
Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri

and he's persian btw.....
Which is now Iran??

Last edited by Maccall; 06-19-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #98
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
how could someone with 600+ posts here demonstrate so little knowledge about boxing?...get off peter's nuts already.
Your just mad cause what Im saying is true, let me guess everytime Wlads on tv you drop down to your knees and imagine yourself giving him head. Aint you the same guy that said Fraizer would get torched by todays heavywieghts, your knowledge is obviously flawed.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #99
Decker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Ask the same question outside of america and you'll get a different answer. chances are , kids know more about today's mma champs than boxing's anyway.

HW boxing is going downhill...well...true , down hill for americans that is.
ever since eatsern euros were allowed to participate , things have changed dramatically that's for sure.

like i said before , US vs US..but that was then...today , the competition is finally international.
Good points. I've been saying & thinking the same for years. It's just that I joined up to post 2+ months ago.

The "HW no good now" chorus has more than rose colored glasses on. I'm old enough to have watched tons of HW fights on the boob tube way back when (the only price you paid was watching the goofy ads between rounds - which was better than listening to nasal Cosell the entire fight ) The 70s was competitve - as it is now. Only bigots or those with too much nostalgia can think that those HWs would "clean out" todays big boys. The chinny Shavers (who I loved as a fighter because almost always somebody was getting KO'd) would have a hard time getting one belt these days. You could say he same for the Quarrys, Lyles, and yes even Frazier, who'd be under sized today.

The heyday of US vs US is ohvah. There are many reasons why US HWs are not doing too well these days. That the current HWs don't stack up to those of the past is not one of them Think about it that, if the current HWs are not good, then it makes US HWs look that much worse ! The current haters of the HW scene will put down anybody to disparage todays top HWs. Why?
Decker is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #100
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
Your just mad cause what Im saying is true, let me guess everytime Wlads on tv you drop down to your knees and imagine yourself giving him head. Aint you the same guy that said Fraizer would get torched by todays heavywieghts, your knowledge is obviously flawed.
didn't take much for you to resort to personal insults, how original.
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 06:55 PM   #101
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
didn't take much for you to resort to personal insults, how original.
You called me out saying I have no knowledge about boxing. Just because you dont agree with what I have to say doesnt automatically make me wrong, if you want me to explain my opinion more in depth just ask me. Thats try to agree to disagree.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #102
Decker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I don't know about "torched" but read what I said above ! Box, Joe would be under gunned today - and Joe was a slow starter. Forget big George, if the tough but limited Bonavena could almost stop Joe - ever see Ringo fight? - Joe just might get blasted Foreman style by current HWs. Most nites LL would easily beat Joe F.

Joe had tons of heart, but that can only take you so far when you're facing bigger guys with talent.

You're a big Peter fan, a (nut)hugger as many say here. Now people will say I'm "hating" on smokin' Joe, but I think Frazier would have his hands full with Peter. I don't think Joe could stop Sam - he could win it, but he'd have to be at the top of his game. Joe was an entertaining fighter to watch. His style made for a short career too.
Decker is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #103
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker
I don't know about "torched" but read what I said above ! Box, Joe would be under gunned today - and Joe was a slow starter. Forget big George, if the tough but limited Bonavena could almost stop Joe - ever see Ringo fight? - Joe just might get blasted Foreman style by current HWs. Most nites LL would easily beat Joe F.

Joe had tons of heart, but that can only take you so far when you're facing bigger guys with talent.

You're a big Peter fan, a (nut)hugger as many say here. Now people will say I'm "hating" on smokin' Joe, but I think Frazier would have his hands full with Peter. I don't think Joe could stop Sam - he could win it, but he'd have to be at the top of his game. Joe was an entertaining fighter to watch. His style made for a short career too.
I understand what your saying but the majority of the heavywieght division is not what you would call skillful, yes there is exceptions like Wlad, Chagaev, and Toney. 2 out of the 4 title holders would get knocked out by any version of Frazier, Iggy and Maskaev our not good heavywieghts they just happend to be at the right place at the right time. Half of the top 20 our filled with guys 35 and older, that is obviously not a good sign. I just want to see the Heavywieght division go back to a time when everyone new who the heavywieght champ was, I really believe thats part of the reason why ufc has become so popular now.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #104
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker
Feiti, careful your post #68 contained too much common sense. You see for many ESBers, the HW champs is supposed to be from one country and mainly one racial group. Else it's
Exactly. I co-sign
RUSKULL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum