Old 09-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #16
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001
Default Re: Contacting Contender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busybee
They could say no or you could be knocked senseless the first episode.
hey i like fighting... to me being knocked sensless isnt as bad as it may seem to others, besides the fact that yes i do think i would do good on the show. maybe not this season as much as the pasts but regardles... lol.
kirk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2007, 10:03 PM   #17
TheGoldenBoy#1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

They wouldnt have a genuine amateur novice on the show.If for nothing else but insurance reasons and the fact that the show would lose all credibility.

ppl forget that while the show itself is a short cut to name recognition the guys on it have been busting their asses for years in obscurity and they re the lucky ones.
TheGoldenBoy#1 is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:18 AM   #18
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
I know ill get flak for this and all... but i would love to compete to get on that show, and i know they have tryouts, but i believe you have to have some sort of record... i wanted to talk to a person associated with the show to see if i could get on without much of a record.

This season, the fighters look a lot better and i wont say anything, but pasts seasons, i havnt been impressed with the fighters too much and yes, i do think that i could beat a few of them.

anyways... i wanted to tell them i really think having me on the show would be good as dumb as it sounds. I already have a mini following, from here at esb, to hometown, 'friends' (term used loosely here) with vargas, ect.... im young, im exciting, and i do think im better then a few of the guys who have made the show. Yes i know i will be told im delusional. lol...

Love trixie btw
I highly doubt that you are better then the guys that made it on the show. If you had ever sparred guys that experienced, who fight any where near that level you would change your opinion very quickly. Sorry to break your dreams, but there is NO WAY in hell that you will get on the contender with no record what so ever. You would get annihilated. They probably couldn't even get the bouts sanctioned.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #19
timidus

Kirk, I say go for it. Instead of putting you down, we should all be googling and trying to figure out how to get you on that show.

I know I will. If nothing else, you gave it a shot. And that's what life is about. How many shots you take, and if you're not the best at something, it just means you gotta take more shots than the next guy.
timidus is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:29 AM   #20
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
Yes... I do.

That show is an easy way for exposure.

Dude... i know a pro that has been undefeated for years now, in the top 20 i believe in the world at boxrec, i went to his gym... he tains in a ****ing garage that was converted into a gym, nobody knows him... he makes little little money.

its all about exposure. that show is a great platform to shoot from.

Id rather get on that show and do good... then muddle in mediocracy for years. Im not a heavy hitter so its not like i can just rack up a bunch of impressive ko's to garner attention. I will have to do it the hard way through exciting style, and i think just who i am and how i am i would attract fans, and that show would be a world of help. Plus straight from that show, i know for a fact i could get on with Vargas Entertainment Promotions coming out, maybe a higher promotional team when i reach a higher level, if i could do so.
Your dream IMO is very unrealistic. If you wanted to truely achieve something in boxing you need to start from the ground up and do the hard work, and make the sacrifice. You are trying to take short cuts, and it simply doesn't work like that. Even the worst fighter on the first series would most probably have had a good amatuer career behind them and several proffesional fights. Probably years and years of experience in the gym and 100's of rounds of sparring.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:33 AM   #21
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by timidus
Kirk, I say go for it. Instead of putting you down, we should all be googling and trying to figure out how to get you on that show.

I know I will. If nothing else, you gave it a shot. And that's what life is about. How many shots you take, and if you're not the best at something, it just means you gotta take more shots than the next guy.
Its funny how some of you CLEARLY play favourites here. i know for instance that if some newbie or most other posters for that matter posted this, they would get shot down immediately. Yet because Kirk is a well liked poster, some of you are actually going to pretend that this is somehow achievable. Not trying to be rude, but just give you an honest opinion Kirk. What makes you think you can compete with guys on that level? And if you could, why haven't you established a record yet?
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #22
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

On Kirk's behalf, a lot of the fighters on this show have a very marginal amateur background and only decent looking pro records. The real stand outs are Codrington, Bika, and Soliman, and to me at least, Paul Smith. But like that Hernandez only had like 10 amateur fights.
Kolya is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum