Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #31
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: TOP 20 Heavyweights NEW LIST

I think Tyson is high at #8, but other than that, pretty good.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #32
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokaj View Post
Not bad at all. Johnson is way too low, though.
I can accept Johnson being ranked higher, but i choose not to. His title reign is horrific and he avoided all dangerous challengers (Mcvey, Langford, Jeannette, Smith) out there. I know that he beat them before, but they were very young and green at that point. Lennox Lewis beat Rid**** Bowe in the amateurs (at which point Bowe had similar or more experience than they did, except for Langford who did not even scale as a middleweight yet), but do you see anyone rank Lewis high because he beat Bowe at this green stage?

Furthermore, while his pre-title work is impressive, it has its bumps (Choynski, Hart), and i'm not sure if Martin, Childs, etc were really THAT good.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #33
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Marciano at no.2 is ridiculous to be honest. Jersey Joe was damn good but no.4? Come off it.

Clearly you have a personal dislike of Holmes, there is no justification at putting him at no.14.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2009, 02:01 AM   #34
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Marciano at no.2 is ridiculous to be honest. Jersey Joe was damn good but no.4? Come off it.

Clearly you have a personal dislike of Holmes, there is no justification at putting him at no.14.
Well I could not rate him over Tyson because of Holmes right hand vulnerability , Holmes avoided most of the dangerous fighters of his era and was protected by King and his control over the ABC ORG's...also was caught paying for Tom Prater to rise in rankings of Ring to make Holmes win worthy. I was thinking about rating him over Johnson and Jeffries but decided they avoided less men in there era's.

The only beef I have with Holmes and King is I thought Holmes fought weak challengers for the most part Spinks just KO'd by Coetzee in 1 rd,and had a 10-2-2 record, Marvis Frazier 10 fights,Ocasio 13 fights,Bey 18-1, Smith 18-1. Lorenzo zannon and Alfredo Evangelista,Lerory Jones)( I knew Jones well) PLEASE, the best being ****ey and Shavers and I dont rate them so high. Holmes avoided Coetzee,Tate,Dokes,Page,Thomas, and would not rematch Norton,Weaver,Williams and Witherspoon...he was no Joe Louis or Rocky Marciano when it came to rematches or fighting his # 1...and Holmes never unified...Holmes was my favorite fighter of the era but I can not reward him for not fighting the Best and I lived the era fustrated...He did recover after being dropped by Shaver and Snipes but who the Fk did Snipes ever finish off or beat (remember He got dropped 2 times by Coetzee and stole the decision off of Coetzee with Kings help) to get the fight vs Holmes and Shavers could punch but who did he KO or beat except Norton who could not fight a pressure fighter who backed him up.

I could have rated Holmes before Johnson,Jeffires and Langford and Dempsey and they had fighter that they avoided( mostly because there was no monitary benifit) but I have to tell you NONE of them avoided more fighters than Holmes and NO era was more corrupt...shame because I thought he could beat most of the opponents he avoided but I personally was not completely sure and have trouble forgetting

As far as Marciano at number 2...I could have rated him under Ali and it would be no big deal but I think Marciano when he entered the ring from his 1st fight till his last would be a tough fight for anyone. I also rate his defense opponents high, they were all good boxers and Walcott,Moore and Charles all had power as well and Ko'd some good sized Heavys. Its easy to knock fighters after the fact but they were all rated high and beat the best to fight the best. I just think Marciano would have been a tough fight for Ali, he fit the mold, Marciano was relentless, had a great left hook as well as a killer right and he had heart and Stamina. I think he had the right syle to beat Ali. In fact Ali said Marciano would have been his toughest foe and Frazier( who did accually fight Ali) said that he nor Ali could beat Louis or Marciano...I love Louis to me the greatest and I love Marciano...also think Walcott was the sleeper of the bunch and although erractic had the style to upset the most ATG's

Last edited by Bummy Davis; 09-13-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2009, 07:17 AM   #35
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

Muhammad Ali should be no1
Bill Butcher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum