Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #16
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I dont care what anyone says.....James Toney is better and would beat .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Calzaghe would not beat Toney....and HOF...Hall of Fame........................................I thought that was simple.
I wouldnt like it, but??? Tell me you werent disgusted against RJJ either
C Money is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #17
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: I dont care what anyone says.....James Toney is better and would beat .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Ok... I'll buy the night of Barkley, but any other night??

IT's Calzaghe.

I've got mad respect for Toney, I've wished many times that he could be more consistent.
Toney had more power at SM in my opinion which could be a factor, but Toney on his best night vs Calazaghe on his best night Toney wins. It sucks that Toney cant stay in shape and now has to resort to steroids to enhance his ability.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #18
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000

Quote:
Calzaghe would not beat Toney....and HOF...Hall of Fame........................................I thought that was simple.
Nobody was confused as to what you meant by HOF. What you said, though, is 'Toney would beat him to the HOF'. Like in some hypothetical fictitious race. When in fact they'd both be blown away by...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2007, 12:13 AM   #19
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Boxing
Toney has also fought the much greater opponents, hence the more losses. If Calzaghe had fought Jones, I'd be almost positive his record would be 4...whatever...-1

Have you seen the Thadzi fight? Pretty damn close, in a period of Toney's career where he wasn't exactly considered elite
i think it's pretty safe to assume that calfaggi would beat thadzi and griffin, and rather easily i might add......
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2007, 12:13 AM   #20
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
I wouldnt like it, but??? Tell me you werent disgusted against RJJ either
Toney was weight drained and not 100% ...shit..he moved up right after that fight....JT vs. JC prime for prime best for best..JT beats him. I dont see it any other way. JC is not the best at 168 all time and he as not proven shit. He is a great fighter..JT is the better fighter and beats him.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2007, 12:14 AM   #21
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bombasto
i think it's pretty safe to assume that calfaggi would beat thadzi and griffin, and rather easily i might add......
Based on what....lol....retard...beating Lacy....oh better..Manfredo.....oh one more...going to war with Robin Reid..I got ya...all of these sub caliber fighters at 168...ingrate.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:20 AM   #22
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
Based on what....lol....retard...beating Lacy....oh better..Manfredo.....oh one more...going to war with Robin Reid..I got ya...all of these sub caliber fighters at 168...ingrate.
wow, i didn't know that thadzi and griffin were that highly regarded.....well, at leat by some tards around here.....
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #23
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Calzaghe wins wide - 117-111. He has the worst style for Toney to adapt against outside of Roy Jones.

Jones runs and explodes, Calzaghe constantly explodes, but with less speed and precision than Jones.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2007, 12:30 AM   #24
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Calzaghe wins wide - 117-111. He has the worst style for Toney to adapt against outside of Roy Jones.

Jones runs and explodes, Calzaghe constantly explodes, but with less speed and precision than Jones.
And Calzaghe would be there to eat a counter right hand unlike jones..and Calzaghe exploding would be an implosion..Exploding on Toney is when he knocks you the **** out......Boxers who hit and stay away beat him...nobody got in dirty and beat him.....never...
Old 09-15-2007, 12:35 AM   #25
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
And Calzaghe would be there to eat a counter right hand unlike jones..and Calzaghe exploding would be an implosion..Exploding on Toney is when he knocks you the **** out......Boxers who hit and stay away beat him...nobody got in dirty and beat him.....never...
Problem is that Toney shells up far too much against speed, he'd get the right in at times, but not enough and he'd get tied up a lot and would have to deal with that, plus the fact that he shells into his shoulder roll, this leaves him open for awkward angle shots.

It's an easy night for Calzaghe relatively, by way of styles.

Calzaghe also obliterates Nunn, Eubank, Benn and the rest of the guys under Jones at that time.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:39 AM   #26
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Problem is that Toney shells up far too much against speed, he'd get the right in at times, but not enough and he'd get tied up a lot and would have to deal with that, plus the fact that he shells into his shoulder roll, this leaves him open for awkward angle shots.

Calzaghe also obliterates Nunn, Eubank, Benn and the rest of the guys under Jones at that time.
Yeah OK...you live in calzaghe nuthugger lala land. There is no coming back to the normal sane realm for you. You are too far gone. I tried to give you amnesty on the subject but you are a disgrace to Calzaghe...Benn would probably knock Calzaghe out...Nunn would not be a push over..lol I guess you seem to forget these great fighters of the late 80s early 90s. WOW.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:41 AM   #27
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:

Retard...Toney never stayed in his shell..lol against speed or anything else..if a fighter is throwing WIDE slapping side arm girl punches JT will slam his right hand into Calzaghes mugg and roll majority of his slapfest unlike fighters like Lacy and Manfredo sauce who dont have that talent. Calzaghes unability to throw a good str8 power punch would be his destruction against Toney..no looping puncher no matter how fast would avoid JT counter punches...none have...none will...
Old 09-15-2007, 12:44 AM   #28
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

You don't even know what you are talking about. Toney shells into his guard/shoulder roll when blitzed with a speed attack and is exceptionally open to awkward angles from that position.

I also recognise fighters from all era's, I have more knowledge than you will ever know.

You are nothing more than a shit starter.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:47 AM   #29
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
You don't even know what you are talking about. Toney shells into his guard/shoulder roll when blitzed with a speed attack and is exceptionally open to awkward angles from that position.

I also recognise fighters from all era's, I have more knowledge than you will ever know.

You are nothing more than a shit starter.
YO! you have become a joke the last few weeks with your bullshit Calzaghe crap..EVERYBODY on ESB is laughing at you. I exposed your stupid theoires and you are full of crap...Calzaghe is not that good at all ...easy to hit...by lesser fighters...you need to stop while you are ahead.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:50 AM   #30
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
YO! you have become a joke the last few weeks with your bullshit Calzaghe crap..EVERYBODY on ESB is laughing at you. I exposed your stupid theoires and you are full of crap...Calzaghe is not that good at all ...easy to hit...by lesser fighters...you need to stop while you are ahead.
Calzaghe is the greatest fighter of all time, when you learn to accept this, you will be mentally set free.

Go on now, it's bed time for the little people.

Last edited by NICE; 06-18-2006 at 07:16 AM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum