Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
Monzon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

After Williams career is over, will he be remenered as a better fighter?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzon View Post
After Williams career is over, will he be remenered as a better fighter?
Well Johnson is tecnically better to no end in my oipnion. Williams is good in his own ways, and bad in his own ways as well. But let's not talk like Johnson was perfect effectively either. Johnson was a great great fighter when you look at the wide picture, and look at his era in his weight class.

Williams can be sloppy with his jab, which is not an accurate weapon for me, but he is very good as a swarmer which is strange, and he has a nice counter uppercut as well.
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
Monzon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
Well Johnson is tecnically better to no end in my oipnion. Williams is good in his own ways, and bad in his own ways as well. But let's not talk like Johnson was perfect effectively either. Johnson was a great great fighter when you look at the wide picture, and look at his era in his weight class.

Williams can be sloppy with his jab, which is not an accurate weapon for me, but he is very good as a swarmer which is strange, and he has a nice counter uppercut as well.
I mean in accomplishmets not who is the better textbook fighter.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzon View Post
I mean in accomplishmets not who is the better textbook fighter.
Well if you just looka twho they have beaten then it's Johnson by a mile, of course fighting in great company, he has the losses that come with the many wins. Still i've got to put him ahead of Wililams as it stands. Williams will need to get some top scalps to surpass him.
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
BUDW
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Not a chance
BUDW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

A better question would be:

"Do you think Paul Williams will be as good as Doug Jones?"
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #7
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,971
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzon View Post
I mean in accomplishmets not who is the better textbook fighter.
I don't think there's enough accomplishments available to Williams to outdo Johnson in that regard.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
Monzon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
I don't think there's enough accomplishments available to Williams to outdo Johnson in that regard.
i disagree if williams beats pavlik, then goes after dawson and hopkins and beats them both, he might be outdo johnson?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Monzon, are you cotto20?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #10
Monzon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Monzon, are you cotto20?
you have asked me on my other thread and no am not! been on this great forum 2 days now, sorrie i dont know cotto 20, but i take it he was a cotto fan me am more of a pac man fan
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #11
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,175
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Williams is a good fighter, but has shown no indication that he's anywhere in the league of Harold Johnson as a boxing technician/master.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #12
Monzon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Williams is a good fighter, but has shown no indication that he's anywhere in the league of Harold Johnson as a boxing technician/master.
how old was harold when he started boxing i have read in some reports he was 18
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #13
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,971
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzon View Post
i disagree if williams beats pavlik, then goes after dawson and hopkins and beats them both, he might be outdo johnson?
No. Johnson has CHARLES and MOORE on his resume, two of the very best of all time. That's damn near impossible for anyone today to top.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #14
Monzon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
No. Johnson has CHARLES and MOORE on his resume, two of the very best of all time. That's damn near impossible for anyone today to top.
yes and lloyd marshall has wins over la motta, joey maxim, tommy farr and he stopped ezard charles but he doesnt even make the rings top 100 list or the ibhf! so dont be surprised if paul ends up higher than harold i alot peoples mind
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Do You Think Paul Williams Will Be As Good As Harold Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzon View Post
yes and lloyd marshall has wins over la motta, joey maxim, tommy farr and he stopped ezard charles but he doesnt even make the rings top 100 list or the ibhf! so dont be surprised if paul ends up higher than harold i alot peoples mind
Both of those things mean **** all to ratings. They are just peoples opinions at that time. Didn't Khaosai Galaxy get in the top 50???

Don't pay attention to them. I do sorta recognise The Ring p4p because usually it's pretty good, but recently they've had Donaire in the top 10 which is ludicrous.

However, the Ring Belt IS a very good gauge of who 'the best' is in a dvision. Not always, but usually.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013