Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #16
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 1st Round-Dwight Qawi vs Jose Torres

Qawi wins this for reasons already stated, I will only add that Jose would likely be fighting in survival mode by the mid to late rounds and my guess is he would be overwhelmed in a 15 round bout and stopped late, but since its scheduled for 12 rounds I think he would be able to go the distance although even that is debatable.
Raging B(_)LL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #17
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I like qawi in this fight ,no doubt about it qawi was stronger than tiger hed stop torres in 9
anarci is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #18
cotto20
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Interesting fight.

Torres was a slick, quick combination puncher with a sharp Jab. His timing, movement, and accuracy added to his power, with 29 knockouts in 41 wins. Torres was also good at avoiding punishment, with defensive ability and speed.

The thing I worry about in a Qawi fight is that Torres lacked strength, and this could be a factor against the extremely strong Qawi. 22 months before winning the LHW title, Torres was stopped by Middleweight contender Florentino Fernanadez and was still fighting at Middelweight a year before winning the LHW title.

Qawi was extremely powerfull and strong, aswell as hard hitting and had underrated skills and was a deceptively clever boxer, with a solid chin.

Qawi stood just 5''5/5''6 and made it work to his advantage with a crouching style, he would work behing his high guard, slipping punchers and then banging with thoise strong arms, particulary his left hook.

I feel Torres struggled with with strong fighters who pushed him back with sustained pressure, Qawi would use to this to his advantage and gain a TKO victory over Torres.
cotto20 is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #19
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by St_Boxing_J12 View Post
Interesting fight.

Torres was a slick, quick combination puncher with a sharp Jab. His timing, movement, and accuracy added to his power, with 29 knockouts in 41 wins. Torres was also good at avoiding punishment, with defensive ability and speed.

The thing I worry about in a Qawi fight is that Torres lacked strength, and this could be a factor against the extremely strong Qawi. 22 months before winning the LHW title, Torres was stopped by Middleweight contender Florentino Fernanadez and was still fighting at Middelweight a year before winning the LHW title.

Qawi was extremely powerfull and strong, aswell as hard hitting and had underrated skills and was a deceptively clever boxer, with a solid chin.

Qawi stood just 5''5/5''6 and made it work to his advantage with a crouching style, he would work behing his high guard, slipping punchers and then banging with thoise strong arms, particulary his left hook.

I feel Torres struggled with with strong fighters who pushed him back with sustained pressure, Qawi would use to this to his advantage and gain a TKO victory over Torres.

Seriously mate welcome to the board
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #20
GDG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Excellent fight this with Torres working behind his slick jab!!!

Unfortunately though, despite not being a soft puncher, I'm not sure Torres has the power to keep Qawi from swarming him the whole fight. Also factor in that Qawi being small would actually help him get in behind Torres' jab and I see a TKO 10 for Qawi, whilst leading 6-3 on the cards!!

Qawi...my dark horse for the tournament!!!
GDG is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #21
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

I like Qawi by a late stop or a UD...too strong and aggresive, Dwight starts fast and stays ahead through the middle rds, finished strong
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #22
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Qawi relentlessly punishing Torres to a eleventh round battering. Everything Torres tries would not work eventually trying to engage in toe to toe action. Jose then takes too much punishment, which brings a quick stop to the fight. Qawi 11 TKO.
la-califa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum