Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #16
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If you had to spill your pint in the lap of one lineal heavyweight champion...

First choice: Floyd Patterson

Last choice: Sonny Liston.
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #17
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: If you had to spill your pint in the lap of one lineal heavyweight champion...

First Choice: Wlad. (Does he count as lineal?) I think he'd be too polite to hit you. (See Floyd Patterson)

Last: Prime Foreman. The stare enough would be life-changing.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #18
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

I don't think most HW champs are going to suddenly lay into you for accidently spilling some drink on them as long as you apologise. Can you really imagine Ali, Patterson, Baer smashing the shit out of someone for that? I could even imagine Tyson letting it slide
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #19
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
I don't think most HW champs are going to suddenly lay into you for accidently spilling some drink on them as long as you apologise. Can you really imagine Ali, Patterson, Baer smashing the shit out of someone for that? I could even imagine Tyson letting it slide
Its your face and you dont know how they will react whatever you suspect.

Who are your picks?
janitor is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #20
Maxmomer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 619

First pick was Schmeling, he didn't seem like a very violent man.
Maxmomer is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #21
Holmes' Jab
Master Jabber
ESB Addict

First choice: Floyd Patterson

Last choice: Sonny Liston
Holmes' Jab is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #22
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685

First Choice: I d take Ali.

Last Choice: I cant see any way of talking out of a Tyson beating.
Boilermaker is online now  Top
Old 09-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #23
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

The one in a real life that I actually would respect the most would be Patterson..he exhibited the class and decency outside the ring that a champion is supposed to have...like someone posted earlier, can you imagine, or really respect, as a man, any of these boxing greats venting their fury on some poor sap who would accidently spill his pint on one of them? I doubt very seriously if Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Charles, Walcott, ANY of them except some unhinged, Ike Ibeabuchi, Tyson, or maybe Liston being violent in return...this holds true for most of, except for the most pathologically violent, and unhinged of champions, past of present, whom, I believe would be in the minority.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #24
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
Definitly Patterson, would probably apoligise for getting in the way of you. Top class guy.

The worst pick would probably be John L. Sullivan he would have been one hardy bastard.
I wouldn't worry too much about Sullivan. Instead of apologizing, tell him that you're a black guy. He'll run away to hide behind the color line.

I think by far most champions would be cool with it if you apologize sincerely. Even a guy like Tyson would take no offense under most circumstances, i think. He might snap because of other weird things though, like if you say you scared off a pigeon the other day.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I really wouldn't like to spill a beer in Cleveland Williams' lap!

I know he wasn't a Champ, but man!

Out of all fighters I'd be happy to voluntarily throw a pitcher over Ivan Calderon. No way is he doing anything to hurt me, even if he hits me with a ten punch combo
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #26
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
First Choice: Wlad. (Does he count as lineal?) I think he'd be too polite to hit you. (See Floyd Patterson)

Last: Prime Foreman. The stare enough would be life-changing.
Beat me 2 it fleaman, yeh i could see Foreman,that moody ****er swinging you around by yer feet & lets not forget Mr "Gentle" Larry Holmes, spin on a sixpence him

I had a lucky escape with Tyson 20 yr ago as he had more than enough justification 2 punch a ****in hole through me, well, i don't think so but others did, i was in the Mirage media room & this door opened & in came Tyson/Holloway & Horne.

Now this is my 1st time over there & i just went nuts with excitment, about 20+ others there were there asking Mike too sign auto's, so i had my son's pic's with me & just tore through everyone screaming MIKEEE MIKEEE MIKEEE, i was just crazed, i started blinding them all with my camera & Horne asked me 2 hey! calm down, i told him too **** off & carried on screaming " sign me son's pic MIKEE, (now LOUDER) sign me son's PIC MIKEE, i was just so excited, but the cunt ****in blanked me & i lost it a bit, Rory Holloway tried too guide me out of the way as i was foaming at the mouth by now, bug eyed & demented, leaping all over the place screaming **** off you cunt ect, as i took tyson's blanking me over my son's pic pretty bad, so i even tried "i'am english you cunt" ****in sign me nippers pic will yer, **** knows what they thought of me, obviously a ****in loon.

I recken Tyson found it funny at 1st but the 2nd pic has him giving me a look, when i think back i was ****in lucky, but what do you do when you're in that situ. Until you meet tyson in the flesh you've no idea how awesome he looks, i used too think that was a corny word, not after i'd met Tyson face on, un****in believable, i said too me mates that i'd would have too be a picaxe job & from BEHIND

I met him again that night in the sands champions bar where larry holmes was warbling away, so we just decided too tear on over too where Tyson was sat, this time Holloway said yeh shake hands with the champ, & it was if the morning had never happended, no doubt he was used too it or no doubt thought "Oh my god" it's those limey lunitics, so Mike shook our hands & said how yer doin (now **** off & leave me in peace) i rubbed his head & gushed any arsesuckin shit i could, but later on i caught him lookin at me for a split second & it was that look ov i'd like 2 stick one on you, it was just after Holmes had started 2 wind Tyson up so no doubt we added fual 2 the fire.

Anyway, it goes too show that even under the sort of irritant/provication he had from me & my mates he just kept cool when i look back after all these years if he'd hit me the size of the hands on the cunt in a million years time you'd find my fossilised body with ribs stickin out me back.

Checkout mikes eyes in these pics,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #27
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Great pictures, durananimal, thanks for sharing. I always thought Horne was a massive prick.

p.s. why is there a ripped off hand on his shoulder?
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #28
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

Mike was unpredictable but he could also be a gentleman at times.

Patterson was a gentleman but he would let you know if he felt he was being disrespected.

I imagine it would depend on what mood the fighter was in and how you behaved yourself when the incident happened. The worst case scenario is of course getting punched in the face but I find it unlikely unless you just about deserved it.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #29
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius View Post
Great pictures, durananimal, thanks for sharing. I always thought Horne was a massive prick.

p.s. why is there a ripped off hand on his shoulder?
Could have been my HEAD

Yeh it's horne's as in the 2nd pic he'd skippid around between mike & me just before the ****ed off through those white door's, yeh Horne/Holloway,some mate's they turned out 2 be for tyson, they turned into Don King prison guards, fleeced tyson of $$$mill's.
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #30
djanders
Contender
ESB Senior Member

For the record: I'll take Patterson as my first choice and Tyson as my last choice.
djanders is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum