Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-17-2007, 07:25 AM   #1
Nigel_Benn
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Just rewatched Pacman vs Barrera 1

And Barrera in the first 2 rounds looked good once he got caught with the left hand in the 3rd he mentally quit Barrera once he tastes the power it will bring back the bad memories also i disagree with the complaints Barrera had about his camp fire etc he looked good in the first 2 rounds and was keepin pac of with the jab in round 2, Barrera is 4 years older and the JMM fight showed he is declining its a shame cus Barrera was always one of my faves but Pac is now in his prime he will beat Barrera alot quicker this time,

Last edited by Vanboxingfan; 06-20-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Nigel_Benn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
Nigel_Benn
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Just rewatched Pacman vs Barrera 1

And Barrera in the first 2 rounds looked good once he got caught with the left hand in the 3rd he mentally quit Barrera once he tastes the power it will bring back the bad memories also i disagree with the complaints Barrera had about his camp fire etc he looked good in the first 2 rounds and was keepin pac of with the jab in round 2, Barrera is 4 years older and the JMM fight showed he is declining its a shame cus Barrera was always one of my faves but Pac is now in his prime he will beat Barrera alot quicker this time,
Nigel_Benn is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
jackiebrown
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Just rewatched Pacman vs Barrera 1

should be a decent fight
jackiebrown is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 08:00 AM   #4
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

i really thought pac would abandon his gameplan after being "dropped" in the first round. good thing he didn't. i expect a much better MAb in this fight though. the only good thing that came out of the beating he got from pac then is that he knows now what to expect and he may have ideas on what to do agianst pac this time around
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #5
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog
i really thought pac would abandon his gameplan after being "dropped" in the first round. good thing he didn't. i expect a much better MAb in this fight though. the only good thing that came out of the beating he got from pac then is that he knows now what to expect and he may have ideas on what to do agianst pac this time around

but pac is more polished this time ...
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #6
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Benn
And people could not see that. All they chose to see was the camp fire, the metal plate, etc.

He was being aggressive, throwing his jabs, combinations, until he was smothered by a confident Pac whose power and speed proved too much for him. That 3rd round KD caught him off-guard, and I think he was in shock from that point up to the time the fight was stopped.

I have no doubt the rematch would be quicker than the first one.
Morrissey is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM   #7
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Barrera is going to get very badly beaten unless he bows out early. This is going to be the kind of fight that makes his hard-core fans shed tears for him, I don't think he should have taken this fight.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 09:11 AM   #8
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey
And people could not see that. All they chose to see was the camp fire, the metal plate, etc.

He was being aggressive, throwing his jabs, combinations, until he was smothered by a confident Pac whose power and speed proved too much for him. That 3rd round KD caught him off-guard, and I think he was in shock from that point up to the time the fight was stopped.

I have no doubt the rematch would be quicker than the first one.
because they try to console mab's ego, mab being a great fighter that time and pac being a still unknown..
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 12:07 PM   #9
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_takamura
because they try to console mab's ego, mab being a great fighter that time and pac being a still unknown..

in short, the benefit of the doubt, though there are only a few of it who took those excuses by heart..
Morrissey is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #10
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_takamura
[/size]
but pac is more polished this time ...
Exactly, he is polished, he turned from a slugger to a boxer.
He lost his best assets against MAB ... a raw power is gone.
MAB will show PAC his place in history along with Hammed.
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #11
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves
Exactly, he is polished, he turned from a slugger to a boxer.
He lost his best assets against MAB ... a raw power is gone.
MAB will show PAC his place in history along with Hammed.
The last time I read, Pacman's Mexican sparmates are saying that Pac is a lot stronger and better now. They don't know what to watch out, the left hand or the right hand. Both are powerful now. But if you do believe that MAB will win this fight, you might as well bet your house because you can earn a lot more than what you bet with the odds in favor of Pacman.
hmi is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #12
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Benn
MAB was no doubt at his prime when he fought Pac. He was rated #2 P4P by most going into that fight.

After Pac, he went on to KO Ayala and beat Morales.

Nobody gave Pac a chance agaisnt MAB that night, even I. IMO MAB dealt with far superior fighters than Pac. I said to myself I would be happy if Pac could just make it the distance. I was like yelling when the idiot Lawrence call ruled it a KD for MAB in the 1st round and ruled it a non KD in the 6th.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #13
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 827

Barrera has shown his abbility and willness to adapat his style to give himself the best chance to win. I have no dobut that he will do the same this time around against Pacquaio, and it will not be a repeete of their first encounter.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #14
madjabber
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2277

I like MAB he is a sick SOB with huge ***** but if he goes into this fight anything less then 110% Then it will just be a walk out fight and we will watch MAB retire in the ring.
madjabber is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #15
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

MAB will last the distance. MAB isnt as good as he was during this time period, while Pac has improved. Barreras only hope is that Pac has an absolutely terrible training camp bc of all the distractions.
Illmatic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum