Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #1
dellboi94
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 0
Default Rudenko's chances against Browne

What do you guys make of Rudenko's chances against Browne? I've not seen anything of Rudenko apart from a few youtube clips, he looks fairly limited.
dellboi94 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 110
Default Re: Rudenko's chances against Browne

He has little or no chance of winning.

He's similar to Denis Bakhtov. His skills are not bad but not great either. He's really too small for heavyweight, he should trim down and fight at cruiserweight. Rudenko has moderate power, but Browne has a good chin.
freedom2013 is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2014, 06:39 PM   #3
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 2000

He is a bit of a Dr. Eisenfaust imitator but lacks the athleticism, fluidity, heavy-handedness and iron chin of his countryman.

A bigger mauling type like Browne is a nightmare for him.

Any heavyweight who is smaller and weaker than Browne and hoping to use a hands-down reflex-based defense against him despite not being pparticularly fast themselves is up shit creek.

The real question is whether he stands a chance of even making it halfway.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 07-29-2014, 04:31 AM   #4
catchwtboxing
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Rudenko has got some power and Brown does not have the best chin, so anything can happen, although the odds are in Brown's favor.

I think Brown is at the stage of is career when people see an undefeated guy with heavy hands and start overestimating him a bit.
catchwtboxing is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2014, 04:32 AM   #5
skier47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Browne looks like a clumsy, out of shape oaf with a decent jab but very sloppy follow up right hand. Rudenko should easily outbox him. I assume he is getting superior sparring partners under the wing of K2.
skier47 is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2014, 04:35 AM   #6
BoxingNL
Dutch P4P Champion
ESB Full Member

vCash: 0

Rudenko's resume is not impressive and he hasn't fought over a year. I've only see Youtube-footage from him and it was OK, but it did not impress me.
Browne had some good wins this year (especially the one vs Towers). He has really improved and I see him winning this before the final bell rings.
BoxingNL is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchwtboxing View Post
Rudenko has got some power and Brown does not have the best chin, so anything can happen, although the odds are in Brown's favor.

I think Brown is at the stage of is career when people see an undefeated guy with heavy hands and start overestimating him a bit.
Rudenko has very mediocre power. He was matched very soft during his eight year Ukrainian home-stand. All the people he stopped are people who get stopped with high frequency, so don't read too much into his nearly two-thirds KO rate. The way he throws his punches, much like his defense, is modeled after VK but just like he lacks VK's athletic reflexes defensively he also isn't a fraction as heavy-handed.

He elects to wage hands-down trench warfare. Browne is a giant in comparison, and while not the fastest guy, pretty relentless. (and Rudenko is himself fairly slow for a smaller HW)

Browne will gobble him up. As for his own chin, if Browne can shake off a Travis Walker knockdown he probably shouldn't worry about whatever no-leverage arm punches the outsized Rudenko throws at him.

I am not deluded about him; Browne is as much a long shot to make his way to a world title shot - let alone make good on it - as was the venerable huffing-and-puffing version of Tua of the last couple years before he officially retired. Still, he ought to be favored over the very average Rudenko whose undefeated record is far more padded and who stylistically is made to order for a super heavy with a bit of power.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #8
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom2013 View Post
He has little or no chance of winning.

He's similar to Denis Bakhtov. His skills are not bad but not great either. He's really too small for heavyweight, he should trim down and fight at cruiserweight. Rudenko has moderate power, but Browne has a good chin.
Ah, just saw this. He averages 250 at weigh-ins over his career and has never come in anywhere near 200 or even halfway to it!

Just because someone is only six feet doesn't mean they'd be more effective at cruiser. His lot in life is exactly what he is: prosaic heavyweight.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:56 PM   #9
catchwtboxing
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Rudenko has very mediocre power. He was matched very soft during his eight year Ukrainian home-stand. All the people he stopped are people who get stopped with high frequency, so don't read too much into his nearly two-thirds KO rate. The way he throws his punches, much like his defense, is modeled after VK but just like he lacks VK's athletic reflexes defensively he also isn't a fraction as heavy-handed.

He elects to wage hands-down trench warfare. Browne is a giant in comparison, and while not the fastest guy, pretty relentless. (and Rudenko is himself fairly slow for a smaller HW)

Browne will gobble him up. As for his own chin, if Browne can shake off a Travis Walker knockdown he probably shouldn't worry about whatever no-leverage arm punches the outsized Rudenko throws at him.

I am not deluded about him; Browne is as much a long shot to make his way to a world title shot - let alone make good on it - as was the venerable huffing-and-puffing version of Tua of the last couple years before he officially retired. Still, he ought to be favored over the very average Rudenko whose undefeated record is far more padded and who stylistically is made to order for a super heavy with a bit of power.
Wasn't implying that you were "deluded" at all.

As for your assessment of Rudyenko, I guess we will find out.
catchwtboxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum