boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2015, 09:26 PM   #1
Ali Frazier
KO ARTIST
ESB Full Member

vCash: 366
Default Was David Haye a disappointment?

Answer: Yes.

I wanted way more than I got out of him and everyone is excited for his comeback but in my mind he's too much of a Diva to be taken seriously on the comeback trail (if he's even planning one)

What are your thoughts?
Ali Frazier is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #2
TSoprano
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Was David Haye a disappointment?

He was definitely a *** and he still is.
TSoprano is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2015, 10:55 PM   #3
kovalevtheGoat
The Chelyabinsk Machine
ESB Addict

vCash: 906

He's a *******ual boxer
kovalevtheGoat is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2015, 04:07 AM   #4
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

He was a talented fighter ... but every HW fight was an endless drama/saga. I was completely sick of him.

Now ... maybe he realises that his chance to make an impact that got his name down in the history books has passed. He did ok and made some cash, but disappointed most people who follow boxing with his talk without walk.
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2015, 04:32 AM   #5
The Long Count
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

Yes too much talk, not enough fights.
The Long Count is online now  Top
Old 01-17-2015, 04:38 AM   #6
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yes. He had talent, but talked big, postponed and canceled more fights than any reasonable fan can forgive. His fight vs Wlad was a poor performance... from both sides really;but, Haye being the challenger and loser has to take more of the criticism there.
Jennifer Love Hewitt is online now  Top
Old 01-17-2015, 05:18 AM   #7
catchwtboxing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Only for those who were dumb enough to believe the hype in the first place.

Dude was stopped early in his career by a former SMW. He was never going to be a great heavy. Any who thought that an anomaly or blamed it on weight drain should have been informed by the Barret fight.

At the end of the day, I still respect the man as a two division champ, and it is not his fault that he is a tweener, too big to stay at cruiser and too fragile to be a great heavy, but a lot of the trash talk, poor performances and cancelled fights did become very annoying.

He is now retired whether his fans want to believe it or not, and at the end of the day, it was a good career in substance, if a terrible one in style.

I hope he finds another way to be a celebrity and leaves heavyweight boxing to a very promising crop of talent including Joshua and the Furies, as well as Usyk and Kudysashov when they inevitably step up from cruiser.
catchwtboxing is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #8
TSoprano
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

You can always ask the professor about it.
TSoprano is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #9
Gneus7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchwtboxing View Post

Dude was stopped early in his career by a former SMW. He was never going to be a great heavy. Any who thought that an anomaly or blamed it on weight drain should have been informed by the Barret fight.

At the end of the day, I still respect the man as a two division champ, and it is not his fault that he is a tweener, too big to stay at cruiser and too fragile to be a great heavy,
This about sums it up for me. People were expecting way too much of him so ended up disappointed. He pretty much did what I expected him to do which is do well at CW, win a few decent/good fights at HW but lose to some of the best guys in the division. Anybody expecting him to go up in weight and kick a$$ like Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao and Roy Jones Jr did were getting too carried away.
Gneus7 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #10
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Haye never lived up to the huge expectations he himself created.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2015, 04:32 PM   #11
Fnatic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchwtboxing View Post

At the end of the day, I still respect the man as a two division champ, and it is not his fault that he is a tweener, too big to stay at cruiser and too fragile to be a great heavy, but a lot of the trash talk, poor performances and cancelled fights did become very annoying.

He is now retired whether his fans want to believe it or not, and at the end of the day, it was a good career in substance, if a terrible one in style.

I hope he finds another way to be a celebrity and leaves heavyweight boxing to a very promising crop of talent including Joshua and the Furies, as well as Usyk and Kudysashov when they inevitably step up from cruiser.
Who's the former SMW who stopped him? He got dropped by Mock but brutally KO'd him a round later, so can you explain this?
Fnatic is online now  Top
Old 01-17-2015, 06:20 PM   #12
zeratul
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

He didn't do enough, that's for sure. There are, however, 3 fights for which we should give him credit. He outclassed the giant Valuev, destroyed Ruiz and took the strongest version of Derek Chisora out of there.
On the other hand, he ducked Vitaly Klitschko, it took very long for him to get in the ring with Wladimir. Later he didn't fight Charr and then didn't fight Tyson Fury twice. Should he really come back, he would take away some journeymen, gain the talks and then wait for another year before taking a solid opponent. No way he gets a rematch with Wlad.
zeratul is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #13
catchwtboxing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnatic View Post
Who's the former SMW who stopped him? He got dropped by Mock but brutally KO'd him a round later, so can you explain this?
Carl Thompson debuted at super middle.
catchwtboxing is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2015, 08:35 PM   #14
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
He didn't do enough, that's for sure. There are, however, 3 fights for which we should give him credit. He outclassed the giant Valuev, destroyed Ruiz and took the strongest version of Derek Chisora out of there.
On the other hand, he ducked Vitaly Klitschko, it took very long for him to get in the ring with Wladimir. Later he didn't fight Charr and then didn't fight Tyson Fury twice. Should he really come back, he would take away some journeymen, gain the talks and then wait for another year before taking a solid opponent. No way he gets a rematch with Wlad.
Good post. But that's it ... I really would hate for boxing followers to have to sit through all that again. Will he, won't he, speculation, change in plans. It averages out to a year of BS for every fight.

Last edited by kostya by ko; 01-17-2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: spelling
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #15
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Forget the comeback.

He should consider starting a career in professional tiddly-winks.
cuchulain is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum