Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-23-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Aquamarine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default The Russians are coming..

CW:

Rakhim Chakhkiyev - Olympic games gold medal winner. Still has the potential to rebound after a loss to Krzysztof Wlodarczyk in a modern day classic in only his 17th fight.

Grigory Drozd - Hardly any amateur pedigree but recently defeated the highly touted pole Mateusz Masternak. About to challenge Krzysztof Włodarczyk for his WBC belt.

Denis Lebedev - Current WBA Champion. Scheduled to fight the unbeaten pole Paweł Kołodziej in September.

LHW:

Sergey Kovalev - Current WBO champion. About to fight to unify the division in only his 27th fight.

Artur Beterbiyev - Gold medal winner @ the World & European championships. Currently 5-0 as a pro & scheduled to fight former IBF champion Tavoris Cloud... Incredible!

Egor Mekhontsev - Gold medal winner @ the Olympics games. World & European championship gold medal winner also.

MW:

Gennady Golovkin - Current WBA champion. World championships gold medal winner & olympic silver medallist. (Father is Russian hence his inclusion)

Dmitry Chudinov - Current WBA interim champion.

Matt Korobov - Two time gold medal winner @ the WAC's. Currently 24-0 & scheduled to fight Peter Quillin for the WBO belt.

I suspect this is just the start too! Any Russian prospects you are keeping an eye on?
Aquamarine is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #2
STB
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: The Russians are coming..

Surely the vast majority of these guys are guys that have already made it.

They're not "coming", they're "here", most of them are currently or are former titlists.

The average age of those guys is 30+
STB is online now  Top
Old 08-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 16685
Thumbs up Re: The Russians are coming..

I was impressed with Vasily Lepikhin's last fight. Very tall light heavyweight. Did he sign with Main Events? I wouldn't mind seeing him back on US TV.

Maxim Vlasov I would throw in there at 168/175. Pretty solid guy. Also, like Lepikhin, he towers over most fighters at 6"3"1/2.

Dmitry Kudryashov is another Russian banger at CW. 14-0 with 14 knockouts. Heard he didn't look good in his last outing.
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2014, 03:22 AM   #4
BoxingNL
Dutch P4P Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 369

Khasan Baysangurov / Only 17 years old and 6-0 as pro. Big prospect
Apti Davtaev / Young heavyweight prospect
Vladimir Tereshkin / Little bit inactive, but a nice HW as well
BoxingNL is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 07:47 AM   #5
Aquamarine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB View Post
Surely the vast majority of these guys are guys that have already made it.

They're not "coming", they're "here", most of them are currently or are former titlists.

The average age of those guys is 30+
LOL You took the thread title a bit too literally... Only a plum like you would get all bent up over something like that!

The thread is intended to HL the recent break-through of Russian fighters wether they have made it already or not!

I appreciate you going to the effort of using correct punctuation on my threads but have a wank before you post next time.

Provodnikov, Pirog, Gradovich & Povetkin are 4 more too! Looking very healthy for Russian boxing
Aquamarine is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #6
STB
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
LOL You took the thread title a bit too literally... Only a plum like you would get all bent up over something like that!

The thread is intended to HL the recent break-through of Russian fighters wether they have made it already or not!

I appreciate you going to the effort of using correct punctuation on my threads but have a wank before you post next time.

Provodnikov, Pirog, Gradovich & Povetkin are 4 more too! Looking very healthy for Russian boxing
"Plum"

Thats a new one.
STB is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum