Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitches View Post
Kubrat Pulev gave a press-conference yesterday in Sofia:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You can play it here if you understand any Bulgarian.

In short, key points:
- He thanked everybody for the great support, said this gives him even more determination and ambition to keep going forward.
- The fight vs Dimitrenko was key for both boxers as everything was on the line - a loss would end Dimitrenko's ambitions for world title and possiblly end his career(he also said Dimitrenko wanted to sign a contract with Sauerland, too, which will probably not happen now), and a loss for Pulev would set him back a lot!
- The fight vs Dimitrenko was not easy, as Dimitrenko is very experienced fighter. Said his brother came to his corner at 5-6 round break and said to him he should push it a bit and get more active because the he was hearing the refs are having it about even at that point.
- The cut on Dimitrenko's face gave Pulev confidence, while it gave Dimitrenko worries and problems.
- Talked about the sparrings he had preparing for the fight - tall guys... he had David Price and Olegov sparring him. Said it was extremely hard in the first training sessions vs Price, but with time he got used to his size and was outboxing him
- He said he knew Dimitrenko's British coach and the way he's approaching fights, he knew Dimitrenko would try to go hard the first rounds and going slow and cautious in the first several rounds was planned from that perspective. He said defence was key in the fight and he was training a lot about it. Said he couldn't find the right distance in the beginning of the fight, but he adjusted. He waited till Dimitrenko went a little soft from which point on he started developing his attacks more freely. It was his best fight to date, he thinks.
-He said he appreciates the titles, but having such high rankings(4th-5th) in various boxing organizations rankings is amazing, and he couldn't believe he surpassed such great boxers.
About his plans:
- a little vacation, then training and going to support his brother at the Olympics, and September or October - a fight for defense of the title.
- they asked him about the Klitchkos' weaknesses - he said he's not focused on them right now, but of course they have weaknesses, they are human as him, just at this moment they are great boxers and are at the top, but thit will not be forever, the moment's gonna come when they will lose.
-Said he rates his current status way above the Olympics level.
-There's a possibility his defense of the title will be in Sofia in the new Arena Armeets Sofia.
Interesting info, thanks. Who's Olegov BTW? Never heard of him.
pirao666 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #392
stitches
Journeyman

vCash: 767

sorry, my mistake - I meant Orlov, lol
stitches is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #393
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitches View Post
Kubrat Pulev gave a press-conference yesterday in Sofia:
You can play it here if you understand any Bulgarian.

In short, key points:
- He thanked everybody for the great support, said this gives him even more determination and ambition to keep going forward.
- The fight vs Dimitrenko was key for both boxers as everything was on the line - a loss would end Dimitrenko's ambitions for world title and possiblly end his career(he also said Dimitrenko wanted to sign a contract with Sauerland, too, which will probably not happen now), and a loss for Pulev would set him back a lot!
- The fight vs Dimitrenko was not easy, as Dimitrenko is very experienced fighter. Said his brother came to his corner at 5-6 round break and said to him he should push it a bit and get more active because the he was hearing the refs are having it about even at that point.
- The cut on Dimitrenko's face gave Pulev confidence, while it gave Dimitrenko worries and problems.
- Talked about the sparrings he had preparing for the fight - tall guys... he had David Price and Orlov sparring him. Said it was extremely hard in the first training sessions vs Price, but with time he got used to his size and was outboxing him
- He said he knew Dimitrenko's British coach and the way he's approaching fights, he knew Dimitrenko would try to go hard the first rounds and going slow and cautious in the first several rounds was planned from that perspective. He said defence was key in the fight and he was training a lot about it. Said he couldn't find the right distance in the beginning of the fight, but he adjusted. He waited till Dimitrenko went a little soft from which point on he started developing his attacks more freely. It was his best fight to date, he thinks.
-He said he appreciates the titles, but having such high rankings(4th-5th) in various boxing organizations rankings is amazing, and he couldn't believe he surpassed such great boxers.
About his plans:
- a little vacation, then training and going to support his brother at the Olympics, and September or October - a fight for defense of the title.
- they asked him about the Klitchkos' weaknesses - he said he's not focused on them right now, but of course they have weaknesses, they are human as him, just at this moment they are great boxers and are at the top, but thit will not be forever, the moment's gonna come when they will lose.
-Said he rates his current status way above the Olympics level.
-There's a possibility his defense of the title will be in Sofia in the new Arena Armeets Sofia.
Thanks man great stuff. I like that Tervel was acting as a spy Making a Title defense at home would be great to see.

red - does he mean that he thinks he's a much better fighter now than he was back in 2008?
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #394
stitches
Journeyman

vCash: 767

no, he meant it more like a public status in the boxing world, prestige...
stitches is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #395
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

It would be good for Khan Kubrat to fight Solis next. They has fought as amateurs so why not again? Besides, Solis is popular in Germany. His promoer is German so the public would like it, I guess.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #396
rusev

That's a risky fight for Pulev , its 3-1 for Solis in the ameteurs i think , but as fat, as he is now, Pulev has got a chance..
rusev is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #397
rusev

According to the EBU , Pulev will have to defend the title against Robert Helenius .I wonder what Sauerland think of it ?
rusev is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #398
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Pro debut, against Helenius?

WOW!

IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #399
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 406

tough fight for Pulev, assuming that Helenius is injury-free
damian38 is online now  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #400
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusev View Post
That's a risky fight for Pulev , its 3-1 for Solis in the ameteurs i think , but as fat, as he is now, Pulev has got a chance..

It is a risky indeed but also a developing one. It will be very useful for Khan Kubrat.

By the way, I think that Khan Kubrat will win easily against most of the fighters he lost to as amateur. It seems to me that he is a better fighter now.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #401
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusev View Post
According to the EBU , Pulev will have to defend the title against Robert Helenius .I wonder what Sauerland think of it ?
I'm not sure why the EBU have decided to order this, but I'm delighted they have.

Truly excellent EBU fight, the type there used to be.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #402
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticLeader View Post
I'm not sure why the EBU have decided to order this, but I'm delighted they have.

Truly excellent EBU fight, the type there used to be.
^

Sadly I dont see it happening though. They are both Sauerland-fighters, and Helenius will most likely take an "easy" comeback fight.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 12:43 AM   #403
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

****, you know something? It's out of dominic's (the OP of this thread) hands now. He couldn't edit the title if he wanted to.

IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #404
ile12345
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
^

Sadly I dont see it happening though. They are both Sauerland-fighters, and Helenius will most likely take an "easy" comeback fight.
according to uli wegners' interview robert is going to take 1-2 warm up fights, thus this fight is not going to happen any time soon.

in finnish:
ile12345 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #405
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Kubrat Pulev will fight a contenders match to determine the official challenger of IBF title! The match will take place in October-November-December. He will move up from number 4 at the ranks, probably at number 3. Chris Areola is focused on WBC belt, where he is number 1.
It leaves Kubrat to fight with one of the follows - Boytzov, Adamek, Johnatan Banks, Alexander Ustinov or Solis. Now depends on negotiations who will be his next opponent.
ogii3 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum