Old 04-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #571
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 110
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev's professional career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
TBH I'm getting worried about his inactivity. He's never been inactive for such a long time since turning pro 4 years ago. When Adamek ducked him, the IBF denied him the opportunity to make a voluntary defense of the EBU title as he was going to lose his status in the 4-man tournament. He'll probably have to wait for Fury/Cunningham, although this would be so wrong from the IBF.
What's the latest on Pulev, Tyler?

Will the IBF allow him to have a EBU defense against Boytsov?
freedom2013 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #572
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

The latest, according to Bulgarian media, is that Pulev will fight Fury (should he go past Steve USS tonight) in summer.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #573
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
Would be the IBF eliminator.
Yes, probably the final IBF eliminator.

I have some doubts about this scenario. Summer is around the corner and it seems to me more time is needed for Fury since he fights today. I kind of write off Steve USS.

I beleive that Pulev should take a fight before that final eliminator in summer or fall. Some more experience would be handy for him.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #574
desoe
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Tyson Fury is terrible, just finished watching the fight. I want to see how Tyson is going to bully Pulev the same way he was bullying USS.
desoe is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #575
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
Yes, probably the final IBF eliminator.

I have some doubts about this scenario. Summer is around the corner and it seems to me more time is needed for Fury since he fights today. I kind of write off Steve USS.

I beleive that Pulev should take a fight before that final eliminator in summer or fall. Some more experience would be handy for him.
In the lead up to the Cunningham fight Fury said he's going after the Arreola/Stiverne winner so Pulev looks like he'll be getting screwed over yet again on account of a second HW contender looking for a easier path.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #576
desoe
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
In the lead up to the Cunningham fight Fury said he's going after the Arreola/Stiverne winner so Pulev looks like he'll be getting screwed over yet again on account of a second HW contender looking for a easier path.
This is strange, because at least few times he said that he's facing Pulev after USS and after that Klitschko. Peter Fury also confirmed that on twitter.

But yeah, I guess he's going to get matched carefully now after he almost got KO'd by a cruiserweight last night.
desoe is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #577
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The IBF doesn't seem to have the power to MAKE fights happen, which is disappointing. What seems to be happening is Main Events uses the IBF to make highly competitive fights more enticing for the participants.

Frankly, the WBC route is safer for Fury. Arreola, Stiverne, Banks, Mitchell...Fury has a good chance of beating these smaller guys.

But Pulev.... Idk. Pulev has a good jab, plenty of strength, decent quickness, plus the amateur experience...tough fight for Fury. Pulev's height/reach isn't much more than USS but he's got more power and strength and more experience on the inside. Cunningham didn't have to develop his inside game because he's fought on the move and on the outside his entire career.

Haye might also like what he sees and decide he wants Fury next.

All that said I hope Fury vrs. Pulev or Haye comes next because they would be quite competitive.
ludwig is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #578
Mugsy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Fury should look to fight Adamek next
Mugsy is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #579
desoe
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
The IBF doesn't seem to have the power to MAKE fights happen, which is disappointing. What seems to be happening is Main Events uses the IBF to make highly competitive fights more enticing for the participants.

Frankly, the WBC route is safer for Fury. Arreola, Stiverne, Banks, Mitchell...Fury has a good chance of beating these smaller guys.

But Pulev.... Idk. Pulev has a good jab, plenty of strength, decent quickness, plus the amateur experience...tough fight for Fury. Pulev's height/reach isn't much more than USS but he's got more power and strength and more experience on the inside. Cunningham didn't have to develop his inside game because he's fought on the move and on the outside his entire career.

Haye might also like what he sees and decide he wants Fury next.

All that said I hope Fury vrs. Pulev or Haye comes next because they would be quite competitive.
Yes, Pulev said himself that Tyson's height is his only advantage on him. But he also said that he's not impressed at all by his performance against USS
desoe is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #580
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Pulev/Fury it looks like. going to be a great scrap.
UnleashtheFURY is online now  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #581
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pulev quotes via the scene
Quote:
"Fury didn’t impress me at all. Steve Cunningham doesn’t come from the heavyweight division. Fury tired Cunningham out using his strength, but I spotted serious blanks in Tyson’s defense. Such mistakes cost you dear in boxing,” Pulev said to Bulgarian media.

If Fury is true to his word, he should face me next. We will see in the ring who is better. I’m not going to demand a big payment. The Fury’s biggest asset is a fact, that he’s a bit taller than me, but the body mass is my advantage. Fury weighs 115 kilos, I weigh 117”.
117 kilos? That seems heavy for a guy who boxed at 201 lb 10 years ago. But then Pulev has bulked up alot.

Pulev may have wider shoulders but body mass is not likely in his favor. Fury has the height and reach while Pulev has the skills and experience.
ludwig is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 AM   #582
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:

117 kilos? That seems heavy for a guy who boxed at 201 lb 10 years ago. But then Pulev has bulked up alot.

Pulev may have wider shoulders but body mass is not likely in his favor. Fury has the height and reach while Pulev has the skills and experience.
Fighters generally go up in weight when they get older.

Ali was a lhw in the ams for example.
Though at 21 he was already 195-200something lbs. and 10 years later he was 16 to 27 lbs heavier. (Counted from 200)

Kubrat Pulev is a bit taller and wider than Ali so certainly he can carry a bit more weight.
Though he does have to fight Fury at his range (More on the inside against Fury) because if he lets Fury use his range he will lose.

Also some fighters drain weight for ams, I know Vitali wanted Wlad to drain down to 201 lbs and face Felix Savon but Vitali got caught withr roids and Wlad could compete in the shw division for the olympics.
Sorry for always finding a way to mention Wlad somewhere sometime
dyna is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #583
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 110

Tyson Fury's promoter Hennessey is focused on making Fury-Pulev.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
freedom2013 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #584
desoe
Journeyman

Quote:

He fights at 115 kg, tho
desoe is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #585
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desoe View Post
He fights at 115 kg, tho
Yeah. Pulev was just talking trash--he won't show up above 250 lbs.
ludwig is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum