Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs

Old 08-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #46
ChrisKim47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ChrisKim47's Training Log

So had a good week. Stepped into my boxing gym on thursday and friday and worked out doing 3 rds of shadow, 3 on heavy, 3 on speed, 3 on shadow again (3min rds w 30 sec breaks). Gonna move up to 4 rds each when I can do 3 easy, which will be in a week hopefully. I plan on stepping up to sparring this coming week, as well as moving up my pre-boxing workout to mon,tues,thurs,friday. Seeing really big improvements in my strength already and I will move my 30 min runs to 7.5 mph from 7 mph this week. Should be fun stuff.

Here's another disco treasure I dug up for your playlists.... enjoy and good luck!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu-Uh-D21RE[/ame]
ChrisKim47 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 01:38 AM   #47
ChrisKim47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sorry for not keeping up my blog guys.

Currently this is my work out.

30 min stretch with 4 sets of 35 pushups
5 miles at 8 minute pace (on treadmill cause I don't wake up early)
4x20 DB rows 65 lb
4x20 close grip lat pull 115 lb
4x15 DB shoulder press 40 lb w situps in a 2 exercise circuit (4x100 incline or 4x40 weighted)
or
4x30 DB shrugs 65 lb
4x15 preacher curl 70 lb
4x15 DB hammer curls 45 lb w situps
then
some oblique situps and lower abs

I'll go to my boxing gym and do a few rounds 3 minutes each with 30 second break.
4x shadow boxing
-really work on popping and stepping with the jab, turning into my right hand, and pivoting back with the hook. I find when I throw my 1-2-3, I'll not throw a good right as I am thinking about the hook far too much. Same thing applies for a double jab and right. I will tend to throw a sloppy 2nd jab. Shadow boxing is a good way to make sure you are punching at the right height and with the right balance and technique

4-6 rounds on the heavybag
4 rounds on speedbag. I can almost do the full 4 at full speed non stop again.

If I have enough energy I'll take a round or two off and go back to the heavybag then speedbag. I'll finish up with the heavybag again cause I'm afraid to go more than 8 rounds on the speed bag. Will finish up with slow mo shadow boxing for a few rounds.

Which reminds me, I need to go buy a rope.

Good luck guys.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #48
ChrisKim47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

So watched the gamboa fight. Pretty good, I learned a lot watching the cyclone fighting a southpaw. Its pretty amazing watching him skip around, and just feint with his feet. Definately always has an escape plan, fking beautiful.

Found out I won't be fighting in the tournament next weekend. Trainer says I need to spar more. I still plan on just improving everything, except my running. I've gotten comfortable with running 5 miles in 40 minutes, after my 3rd go at it. I stretch 30 minutes before and after my run, and my feet are being whiny beaches. I can't stand on the ball of my left foot. I plan on getting two small trashcans today and buying ice on the regular to ice them down. Also will buy a speed rope and incorporate it into my workout when I'm ready.

Can I kick it? Yes you can.
Good luck guys.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:57 AM   #49
ChrisKim47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

So this week has been my start back. Last last week I took the whole week off from running. Last week I also did not run, and I slipped in 2 or 3 boxing workouts. Really needed time for my left foot to heal up....

And guess what, it worked miracles, and I mean miracles.
Monday ran 4 miles did my usual workout and weighed in at 153.5
Tuesday just boxing same 153.5
Today ran lil less than 5 miles at 8:15 pace. But felt so easy today. Love boxing man. I gotta get a video up of me hitting the bag. Weighed in at 154 after lunch. At 6'-6'1 tall and 154 lbs, I'm a big welterweight. I need to put up a damn video of me hitting the bag. You guys need to see how I make the big boy bag dance.

Good luck guys, don't stop punching.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs