Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 06-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default This Kimbo Slice thing really pisses me off.

What was Kimbo doing choking Ray Mercer out like that? In an MMA bout for Christ's sake.

I reminds me of those minor league pitchers striking out Michael Jordan. Using pitches!!!! I bet they couldn't hang with Jordan on the basketball court.

What were the Dallas Mavericks thinking by not letting the great football cornerback, Deion Sanders, not play on their basketball team. I'd like to see Dirk try to catch a pass from a quarteback on the football field with Sanders covering him. Dirk would suck at that. What a loser.

This reminds me of the time world class wrestler, Mark Coleman, lost to ex kick boxing champion, Maurice Smith, in a MMA bout. I bet if they weren't allowed to strike, Coleman would have easily dealt with Smith. Especially on a wrestling mat. I can't believe they even let that joke, Smith, into the octagon knowing this. Smith can't wrestle with Coleman. This fight should have happened under wrestling rules, where it belonged.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450
Default Re: This Kimbo Slice thing really pisses me off.

your an idiot!
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Great post.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
your an idiot!
Kid, he's on YOUR side. THe whole thing is a sarcastic poke at those of us who think Kimbo basically pulled a bullshit move cause he could beat Mercer in a real fight. And they know it - mano a mano, punch for punch, Ray woulda starched this clown.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
Tuavale
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Fight sucked. Mercer couldn't stop take down. I would have loved a punch-out too but Kimbo was better trained for this event.
Tuavale is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Kid, he's on YOUR side. THe whole thing is a sarcastic poke at those of us who think Kimbo basically pulled a bullshit move cause he could beat Mercer in a real fight. And they know it - mano a mano, punch for punch, Ray woulda starched this clown.
You are right about that. I absolutely, without a doubt, know that if it were a boxing match Ray Mercer would have beat up and KOd Kimbo. I agree with that 100%. I also agree that this win it isn't exactly going to help Kimbo's reputation as a streetpuncher.

Still, it was a pretty clear demonstration of what happens when a boxer tries to fight an MMA fight.

I ABSOLUTELY 100% agree that the opposite would have happened in a boxing match. Even if Kimbo was a very good MMA fighter, which he is not, he would have gotten beat up badly in a boxing match.

Can we all now agree that MMA fighters easily win over boxers in an MMA fight and boxers easily win over MMA fighters in a boxing match?
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #7
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
You were wrong, deal with it
ChampionsForever is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:26 PM   #8
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

Quote:
I didn't finish reading it, it sounded like you making up excuses, it get's old after a while, bottom line a street fighter easily exposed of a boxer in an open rules fight.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:26 PM   #9
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

Quote:
Zak - Ray Mercer KNEW the rules.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #10
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo
Zak - Ray Mercer KNEW the rules.
wow Jazzo, that's the most productive post I 've seen from you yet, but he has blinders on and doesn't really understand the whole point of it.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #11
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I posted this in the other mercer thread and peopl think this
[gv]-3133201569936738742[/gv]
is "boring" and "gay".

You bitches have no respect for any other forms of combat disciplines and are ready to call a legend of this sport a bum...It's the general mentality here. You guys are living in denial.
boxingcar is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #12
robert ungurean
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
robert ungurean is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #13
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

whats with this kimbo??? if he wants to fight mma..........let him fight an mma fighter, not some 45 year old boxer who knows nothing about mma.

if he wants to box, fight a guy his age, like vladimir virchis.

but quit this "streetfighter fighting boxer under MMA rules" BULLSHIT!!!
unitas is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #14
oblate
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets
What was Kimbo doing choking Ray Mercer out like that? In an MMA bout for Christ's sake.

I reminds me of those minor league pitchers striking out Michael Jordan. Using pitches!!!! I bet they couldn't hang with Jordan on the basketball court.

What were the Dallas Mavericks thinking by not letting the great football cornerback, Deion Sanders, not play on their basketball team. I'd like to see Dirk try to catch a pass from a quarteback on the football field with Sanders covering him. Dirk would suck at that. What a loser.

This reminds me of the time world class wrestler, Mark Coleman, lost to ex kick boxing champion, Maurice Smith, in a MMA bout. I bet if they weren't allowed to strike, Coleman would have easily dealt with Smith. Especially on a wrestling mat. I can't believe they even let that joke, Smith, into the octagon knowing this. Smith can't wrestle with Coleman. This fight should have happened under wrestling rules, where it belonged.
wow what the hell. the coleman/smith scenario that you brought up is ridiculous. Coleman was aloud to use wrestling in the mma bout but was unsuccessful. he wasn't limited and neither was smith so i don't know what the hell your talking about.
oblate is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #15
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Default I Will Admit it, Ray Mercer Getting Subbed Bothers Me

It doesnt mean nothing like many suggest, it means somthing. I think as boxing fans we could be honest and say shit, I thought he was going to KO this streetfighter but he didnt.

Its not a total indictment on boxing, as Mercer is 46 years old, but damm we should conceed that it wasnt a great night for the sweet science.
acb is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum