Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-19-2007, 05:23 AM   #1
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Berto/Estrada

I would like to hear some ****ysis on this fight. I have only seen youtube clips of these fighters and am curious how this one may pan out. It seems to be a pretty good matchup
cardstars is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 06:17 AM   #2
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Berto/Estrada

yup, we'll see if berto can justify the hype. estradas a good solid guy, gave a competitive fight against cintron and a good showing against shane. i think bertos a pretty good prospect, but it wont surprise me if estrada upsets him.
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #3
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

We're gonna learn a lot about both fighters, especially Berto, no matter the result of this fight.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

In this case, I think Berto's KD against Rivera actually will help him. He'll be more focused and hopefully won't fall asleep as he did in his last fight.

I think Berto fights well and takes care of business.

By the way, I watched his brother fight in MMA recently. Let's just say I hope Andre's training habits are superior to those of his bro.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 10:00 PM   #5
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampley
In this case, I think Berto's KD against Rivera actually will help him. He'll be more focused and hopefully won't fall asleep as he did in his last fight.

By the way, I watched his brother fight in MMA recently. Let's just say I hope Andre's training habits are superior to those of his bro.
You would think that his knockdown will help him. He is fun to watch clips of because he is so ferocious, but that could get him in trouble eventually against a good fighter (perhaps Estrada...?). Some of the videos I have seen of Berto remind me of watching Edison Miranda,,,but with more speed and perhaps slightly better skill set.
cardstars is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 10:01 PM   #6
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

I expect a heck of a fight and a dangerous one for Berto. But if he stays smart and keeps his defense tight, I think he can land the cleaner, harder shots and win by a decision or TKO. A nice fight with a hyped prospect....good start to the night of the 29th.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 10:03 PM   #7
mightyd40
Spartan
ESB Senior Member

bertos accident against rivera will make him a little more cautious and i think he will win but with a little more boring of a style than he has been using against his human punching bags lately.

berto dec.
mightyd40 is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #8
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Agreed, he was stalking a little carelessly when he got knocked down - he probably would have lost by TKO had his corner not pulled that glove stunt, but thats another story - I too think he will be more focused and disciplined now. Estrada chin will be soundly tested.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #9
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Estrada isnt the biggest puncher, so I dont think he will particularly test Berto's whiskers. But he will push Andre in just about every other way, Estrada is a no bull **** fighter, he is all round pretty solid for speed, skills, chin and heart. Not a light puncher but doesnt have the one puncher concussive power of Rivera, no way.

Berto is not like Miranda IMO, he can actully box and is quite the opposite physically. He is short and stocky, rather than tall and with long arms.
The only similarity I can see is they are both aggressive and have really dark skin.
I like the Lacy comparison more, though he isnt exactly like Jeff either. But at this stage of his career compared to where Lacy was at, at the same stage. you can see similarities between them.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #10
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Estrada isnt the biggest puncher, so I dont think he will particularly test Berto's whiskers. But he will push Andre in just about every other way, Estrada is a no bull **** fighter, he is all round pretty solid for speed, skills, chin and heart. Not a light puncher but doesnt have the one puncher concussive power of Rivera, no way.

Berto is not like Miranda IMO, he can actully box and is quite the opposite physically. He is short and stocky, rather than tall and with long arms.
The only similarity I can see is they are both aggressive and have really dark skin.
I like the Lacy comparison more, though he isnt exactly like Jeff either. But at this stage of his career compared to where Lacy was at, at the same stage. you can see similarities between them.
I see definite similarities between Berto and Lacy, although I think Andre has the potential to become more versatile, if not quite as tough.

At the same stage, I'd give the edge to Lacy in chin and sheer strength, while Berto possesses the faster hands and more fluid combinations.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #11
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
I see definite similarities between Berto and Lacy, although I think Andre has the potential to become more versatile, if not quite as tough.

At the same stage, I'd give the edge to Lacy in chin and sheer strength, while Berto possesses the faster hands and more fluid combinations.
I agree, its clear Berto does not have Lacy's chin.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 10:28 PM   #12
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardstars
You would think that his knockdown will help him. He is fun to watch clips of because he is so ferocious, but that could get him in trouble eventually against a good fighter (perhaps Estrada...?). Some of the videos I have seen of Berto remind me of watching Edison Miranda,,,but with more speed and perhaps slightly better skill set.
Totally different to Miranda. Miranda is a sloppy power puncher, who relies HEAVILY on his natural intangibles to get him by. Berto is a class amatuer who can be slightly unorthadox at times, but can definitely both box and punch. He has good hand speed, good power, but still needs to refine his game at the moment. Much like a younger Miguel Cotto did. I still believe Berto is a solid propsect, although this fight is going to be a very important one for him, and an excellent guage.
MSTR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum