Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:13 PM   #16
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Penalosa wants 3 more fights, Arce, Ponce & Vasquez.

Actually if he lose to Arce then he will not fight Ponce or Vasquez.
So either three last big fights or just one.
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #17
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

The thing about Penalosa is he can really box, and with good solid defense, but he has no enough power to hurt the bigger guys and he is so damn old that VAsquez, Arce and De Leon will just bully him.

He was not able to discourage De Leon with his clean shots eventhough he was outboxing him, so what do you expect if he fights Arce and Vasquez who have solid chin and who can really punch?
Morrissey is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #18
Goose
Russian oligarch
ESB Addict

vCash: 550

He has a chance at beating Arce and De Leon
But Vazquez will destroy Penalosa
Goose is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #19
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbandit
W.T.F?I'm telling you your nutthuging is extreme to say the least.Gonzalez was boxing him and thats all there is to it.Boxing has different styles and this is Gonzalez syle.He was weight drained and he had to preserve his energy for the later rounds.Gerry clearly won?Yes he did by k.o, but he was loosing the fight if you don't beleive me check the judges scorecards.And you really think he has a chance against marquez or Vasquez?Give me a break!if De Leon could box him and he is the worst boxer for mexico right now,what makes you think Marquez or Vasquez can't?Heck they would not box him they would k.o him.He can beat Arce or maybe even Ponce but Marquez and Vazquez...I don't think so.

nuthugging?? he was merely stating his points backed up by some valid reasoning...correct or not. this word has become overused in this forums, when a poster contradicts what you think, its automatically "what a nuthugger!".. after all, its Gerry we're talking about not Pac.
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 01:26 AM   #20
theHawtness
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mR_tWinKy13
arce would be way to active for him

pdl would probably KO him this time, i just think he didnt train that well for the 1st fight

and vazquez would just give him a really bad beat down

i like gerry but he just got lucky on the gonzalez fight.
lucky punch? that was all planned. he was constantly pressuring gonzales. as a reward for his patience and constant pressure, he got the oppurutunity, the oppurtunity to end the fight with a body shot KO!
theHawtness is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 06:31 AM   #21
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbandit
W.T.F?I'm telling you your nutthuging is extreme to say the least.Gonzalez was boxing him and thats all there is to it.Boxing has different styles and this is Gonzalez syle.He was weight drained and he had to preserve his energy for the later rounds.Gerry clearly won?Yes he did by k.o, but he was loosing the fight if you don't beleive me check the judges scorecards.And you really think he has a chance against marquez or Vasquez?Give me a break!if De Leon could box him and he is the worst boxer for mexico right now,what makes you think Marquez or Vasquez can't?Heck they would not box him they would k.o him.He can beat Arce or maybe even Ponce but Marquez and Vazquez...I don't think so.
Do you know what Marquez & Vasquez don't have that Penalosa has??? Granite Chin.. Penalosa has a Chance... You'll be surprised..
PacDbest is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum