Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Kubrat Pulev Wins European Hw Title In Pro Debut!!

Congrats.

I want to see Volodymyr fight him as Pulev is likely to hold a belt post K2 and it would be good for his legacy but he seems to want to get back in the US and fight Nipples instead. I think thats a poor choice.

Also Iv never heard Manny Stewart mention Pulev's name, Glazkov, Abdusalamov, or Szpilka either for that matter. Only Fury, Arreolla, Mitchell and maybe Price. The people around him seem to be pushing for Yank and Brit HW's who are known there and perhaps bring bigger paydays but are bad choice if you're trying to build the best legacy possible. He doesn't need to money and its completely the wrong approach for his career imo.

Hopefully Vitali will fight Pulev.

Dimitrenko was ranked #4 by RING (too high obviously) but i assume Kubrat will jump into that spot? It will be bogus if he only moves up 1 or 2 spots but then again RING has Hopkins #1 ATG MW and Sturm and AA as top ten ATG MW's so the mag is bogus anyways.

A fight with Fury or Helenius would be good i suppose but Helenius isn't recovered and i don't see him taking such a big fight right away and Fury isn't leaving the UK so i don't see either happening. Sauerland will probably go for the money with a Title fight.

Last edited by Vysotsky; 05-05-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
tonyb
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev Win European Hw Title In Pro Debut!!

Pro debut?:P HES god but this was not his prodebut
tonyb is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Congratulations.

Frustrating though that he fights to the level of his competition.

Is he playing possum? Not trying to show too much?

As for Glazkov, Abdusalamov, or Szpilka

A) Glazkov could be special so he should take his time. Hopefully he can get something like that Peter fight that did not materialize.

B) Mago is probably not going to develope into anything more than what he is- a massive but crude puncher, so he can take a shot whenever it comes.

C)Szpilka - just at the begginuing, really.

IMO.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
Its a joke. We have another thread about his pro debut in which all of his fights are posted- therefore every fight is his debut.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Its a joke. We have another thread about his pro debut in which all of his fights are posted- therefore every fight is his debut.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
pirao666
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

He'll get slaughtered against a Klitschko. I'd like to see Pulev vs Povetkin, that'd be interesting.
pirao666 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Congratulations.

Frustrating though that he fights to the level of his competition.

Is he playing possum? Not trying to show too much?

As for Glazkov, Abdusalamov, or Szpilka

A) Glazkov could be special so he should take his time. Hopefully he can get something like that Peter fight that did not materialize.

B) Mago is probably not going to develope into anything more than what he is- a massive but crude puncher, so he can take a shot whenever it comes.

C)Szpilka - just at the begginuing, really.

IMO.
I wrote this about him in the RBR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
He's quite good but very frustrating to watch or be a fan of because of a lack of kiler instinct and he fights just above the level of his opponent. He does just enough to win. He could have had Sasha out of there from the 5th-8th had he pressed just a little.
I agree with what you said regarding the other HW prospects and where they are. I was speaking about Stewart and him talking about the future of the division and upcoming prospects in the media. Those guys aren't there yet but they don't even seem to be on his radar.

Kubrat on the other hand is probably more deserving of a title shot than any other HW at the moment and iv never heard Stewart mention him either. He seems to push Vova towards money and "name", aka yanks and Brits, even if they aren't the best out there.

I agree with your assessment on Abdusalamov he is quite raw and unpolished but i do think he's a little more skilled than some may credit him. That said i think he would beat Mitchell and be about a 50/50 fight with Arreola.

Quote:
We have another thread about his pro debut in which all of his fights are posted- therefore every fight is his debut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
This was all class btw.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
I wrote this about him in the RBR thread

I agree with what you said regarding the other HW prospects and where they are. I was speaking about Stewart and him talking about the future of the division and upcoming prospects in the media. Those guys aren't there yet but they don't even seem to be on his radar.

Kubrat on the other hand is probably more deserving of a title shot than any other HW at the moment and iv never heard Stewart mention him either. He seems to push Vova towards money and "name", aka yanks and Brits, even if they aren't the best out there.

I agree with your assessment on Abdusalamov he is quite raw and unpolished but i do think he's a little more skilled than some may credit him. That said i think he would beat Mitchell and be about a 50/50 fight with Arreola.

We have another thread about his pro debut in which all of his fights are posted- therefore every fight is his debut.

This was all class btw.
I'll say one thing: Dimi is probably going to go pursue his law career now and its probably a good thing. In the end, he had a good run, but he just isn't championship caliber, and really doesn't seem like he likes the sport very much.

There are actually some very good young(ish) guys out there, the chance to develope and stand out just kind of passed him by.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
He is God. A God among men. It isn't fair for his opponents really.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

There are plenty of Brittard heavy's he can fight in Europe. Fighting as an attraction in the U.S. is really not an option. Considering the U.S. boxing public treats the Klitschko's like rattlesnakes at a puppy picnic, it is unlikely they will accept a klitschko-light version of fighter like Pulev.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2012, 04:02 AM   #11
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Default Re: Kubrat Pulev Wins European Hw Title In Pro Debut!!

I was not at all surprised that Pulev knocked Dimitrenko out, not at all, in fact, I expected it. Vlad has mentioned fighting either Arreola or Mitchell after Thomson. I think Vitali should fight Seth Mitchell next. Vitali by easy knockout!!!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #12
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member

congrats to pulev, first of all

secondly, i think pulev would be better placed fighting some more of the top 10, rather than a K bro (for the time being). would be a shame to see pulev take a beating before he has properly developed, so hopefully people wont pressure him to take the money and fight a klitschko.

arreola, or perhaps tyson fury/ david price would be a better bet (should either of them feel ready to step up and challenge for the euro title anytime soon).
Angol is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
Tin Man Waldo
Freakishly Fragile
ESB Full Member

pulev a eurobum n he jus beat a eurobum who was even bummer d fact is pulev is a poo bum
Tin Man Waldo is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #14
Tonyyyyy

Was impressed by pulev last night and the huck fight was great. Only thing that spoiled it was spencer fearon chatting garbage trying and failing to be funny then doing his best to compare each fighter (he compared pulev to roldan who fought heard and he compared steiglitz to Darrin van horn) trying to sound knowledgable but just made himself sound more of a div. John rawking hated every minute of it. Please box nation don't put us thru that again. Marco huck is a warrior
Tonyyyyy is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #15
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Congrats to Pulev. For the first few rounds it looked like Dimitrenko's size advantage and movement would carry the day but Pulev stayed composed with excellent hard counters.

He might be able to get a fight with Vitali now. And he may as well take it, since losing to Vitali would not be that bad a blow to his future prospects.

If Tyson Fury wants to fight Pulev then there's an attractive interim fight but idk if Fury will want that fight.

It would be an excellent match-up if Boystov becomes the mandatory but if that happens I doubt Pulev is required to fight him right away.
ludwig is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum