Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-17-2007, 12:41 AM   #31
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
No one is going to miss your dumb shit of an ass when Taylor wins. You picked the wrong bet, you ****ing retard.

You let personality get in the way of fight analysis and that's why your fight analysis is so out. Pavlik hasn't even got a 30% chance in this fight and you're wagering 6 months of being gone, for good, on the forum.

Stick to your own word and have your own IP address banned when Taylor wins, ****er.

Good riddance to you, you gave Calzaghe a bad name with your idiotic Kessler notions.
I am not the only one picking Pavlik. Taylor has less than a 30% chance is more like it, but you wouldn't understand this, just like you do not understand how much better Kessler is than Taylor.

Check the experienced and class poster Brooklyn1550's prediction, he has the styles, intangibles and little details that a pest like you misses down to the exact finer points in his analysis above.

That's an A+ analysis, picked in unbiased fashion. You don't even have an analysis because you cannot analyse. You simply think because Taylor was competitive with set P4P fighters that it means that he will beat a lesser than P4P ranked hard hitting pressure fighter, this is common idiocy.

You are a ****ing idiot Blockhead and you will be removed and most posters here will be glad that you were.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 12:50 AM   #32
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
The only people picking Pavlik are the ones inventing shit about Taylor or Pavlik, such as, and I quote "Pavlik throws straighter punchers than Taylor" - the only thing that leads me to believe is that the guy (much like you) hasn't seen any more than one or two fights of either fighter.

The intangibles? Bollocks, he's stating an absolute fallacy in Pavlik being a straighter puncher than Taylor - Taylor throws very straight punches, he only uses the hook after he's set it up with nice stiff jabs, the same jabs that were snapping both Winky and Hopkin's heads back - you know, ATG Hall of Famers with pristine defence.

So if you consider THAT an A+ defence, you can't have watched many Pavlik fights, where he tends to wing his punches, watch Miranda for instance - it was only how crude Miranda was that gave Pavlik any chance

So like I said, man up - ban your own IP address when you get beaten in this bet, because you haven't seen the reasons why Pavlik hasn't got a shot

You like to state "Intangibles" because it helps you assert that a fighter like Kessler is better than he seems because he has qualities that can't be quantified.

Sorry, ****er, just like Kessler vs Calzaghe, my analysis on this fight is spotless and hell, due to that... I'm going to give you an opportunity to come back to the forums during the week of Calzaghe vs Kessler - so you can tell everyone how my prediction and analysis skills are a shitload better than yours.

Otherwise, enjoy the six months out, dipshit.
I picked Pavlik and I have not said any of the things you said.

I don't like how Taylor keeps his left hand so low. I don't like the way he doesn't seem to be improving defensively and doesn't seem tuned in sometimes to what's going on in the ring. And he and Steward don't seem to be on the same page and thus he hasn't shown the expected improvement in my eyes.

Pavlik will be suceptible to jabs, but Taylor will be suceptible to counter rights and he has never been hard to hit. I think he gets drug into a fight and gets stopped.

And I WANT Taylor to win.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 12:58 AM   #33
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

After he defeats Pavlik, his best option is to take a rematch with Winky and avenge the draw and leave no doubt who is the better fighter at this point. I feel Winky is ripe for the taking at this stage of his career . A mega fight with Calzaghe will most likely occur in the fall of 2008.
lillarry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2007, 01:00 AM   #34
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You want an analysis on how this fight is going to go down?

Why has Taylor looked bad… (as bad as a guy can look whilst remaing undefeated against three P4P top tenners in four fights)

Because Taylor is a natural counter puncher who capitalises on the mistake of pressure fighters who have an aggressive mindset. He is capable of catching them with stiff jabs which set up his other punches, allowing him to move within distance and utilise his above average power to the body and head.

Taylor has been forced to fight a series of defensive minded fighters who have trickier than usual patterns to work out. In Bernard Hopkins, Winky Wright and Corey Spinks, you literally have three of the best defences in the game, combined with some sublime skills that have seen all three of them become multiple weight champions.

Pavlik on the other hand has been fighting fighters at so many levels below what Taylor has faced that he has gotten ****sure. It was only because Miranda was so sloppy and slow that he was able to beat him to the punch in a fight that pitted two crude fighters against one another.

You’ve got Taylor, a more accomplished boxer who was able to dominate (not just beat) Pavlik in the amateurs, with winning experience against some of the very best boxers of the last three to five years… against a guy who beat a very exciting, but very beatable Miranda – the same Miranda who was too sloppy to put away Abraham with a broken jaw.

So you’re stating intangibles, well, here are the tangibles… Taylor has a better defence, a proven chin, straighter punches (I don’t care who disputes this, you’re absolutely wrong) and enough power to back Pavlik off. Taylor has more big match experience, not to mention the more complete boxing ability

Pavlik has been destroying C+ to B fighters in his last few fights, all against other fighters who come forward and attempt to apply pressure. Miranda is another pressure boxer that Pavlik was able to beat to the punch – so now you’ve got Taylor, a natural counter puncher, going in against a pressure fighter where he is absolutely in his zone

And you ****s don’t even see that? It’s priceless to me

If I thought you had anything more than chump change, I’d also wager money against you on this – being that the odds on Taylor (quite rightfully) aren’t going to make enough money to sustain the risk.

You’re going to be a pretty sad little boy around about Round 6 of that fight, let me tell you.
All I see is you getting beligerent over a fight you have no stake in. Unless you are still talking to Amsterdam, you are also saying things I never said. I never said he looked bad, I said he hasn't shown the improvement I hoped for. I never said anything about intangibles either.

Why would I be sad? I just stated I wanted Taylor to win, I just don't think he will.

By the way, a counter puncher should never keep his hands that low. It leads to them getting countered, and Taylor hasn't shown the phenominal foot speed needed to get out of the way of counters ala Jones.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #35
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Hummmmmmmmmm... If Taylor gets by Pavlik he should move up to 168 and end that slap happy Calfaggy and knock his ass out so Amsterdam can go commit ritual suicide along with other Calfagites of the same religion.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:03 AM   #36
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Taylor hasn't been hit hard? He got hit by Bernard Hopkins several times with the same straight right that put Tarver to the canvas. His chin is pretty solid and well tested.

Pavlik on the other hand has been down several times in his career already against far lesser punchers and far lesser boxers than Taylor is.

This is Taylor's type of fight and will return him to a dominant performance, it's hard to show improvement when you're fighting guys with as much skill and talent as Ouma, Hopkins, Wright and Spinks.

Taylor counters Pavlik all night with straighter punches, he breaks Pavlik down, lands his right hand at will after Round 6.

We will see Pavilk's jaw tested, but seriously, this fight is going to re-establish Taylor as a dominating middleweight - like he was before taking on three of the best defensive artists in the game - not to mention the very capable, very solid defense of Kassim Ouma either.
Blocky, you are so ready to fight with anyone who disagrees.

I never said Taylor hasn't been hit hard.

I said "Taylor has never been hard to hit"

And I don't think Hopkins hits as hard as Pavlik, and Taylor was wobbled noticably by Hopkins. His chin may or may not be solid.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:05 AM   #37
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Uhhm - that post wasn't for you, it was for Amsterham - the most useless prediction artist in this entire forum.

But let me retort, regardless.

Most counter punchers have a lower hand to draw their opponent into the shot, with the intention of countering. Even Winky lowers his lead right hand at times to make his opponent take a shot.

I haven't seen Taylor hold his hand that low, the worry for me is not Taylor's skills, it's his mentality... he tends to turn off (quite rightly pointed out) and stop doing the things he does well.

But in a fight against Pavlik where Pavlik is two leagues below the recent competition of Taylor, it's not going to matter.

I do have a stake in this fight - I want Taylor to win so Taylor can fight Calzaghe after Kessler and show how uncompetitive the Kessler fight was when Calzaghe dominates Kessler but struggles to a closer win vs Taylor.
Everyone comments on how low he keeps his left hand. It is extremely low. Wright keeps his hand low sometimes, but he fires off a counter after rolling to the side...something I have not seen Taylor do, and I have seen Taylor 10 or so times, because I like him.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:08 AM   #38
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Hopkins has always had strong power, even against strong chins.

Pavlik hasn't faced anyone that can compare to who Taylor has faced.

This is Kessler vs Calzaghe all over again, Pavlik looks good in dominating C fighters. Calzaghe looks beatable against perceived weaker fighters and now Calzaghe is supposed to take a loss.

Taylor has a better chance at KO'ing Pavlik than you realise.
Hopkins has above average power with great accuracy and timing. He isn't a puncher and never was. He used to wear people down, but he was certainly not a puncher.

Since Kessler-Calzaghe hasn't happened yet, I am certainly not going to go into comparisons there.

If Taylor wins....good for him, no problem for me. He will continue to be in my Top 5 P4P. If not, then I was right in picking Pavlik.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:08 AM   #39
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Blockhead, you can't analyse your way out of a paper bag.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:09 AM   #40
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam

Blockhead, you can't analyse your way out of a paper bag.
There goes the rat...kind of easy to lure this one out of the hole.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:20 AM   #41
Thinman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I am not really sold with Taylor, He defeated Nard but I wasn't impressed, The young lion did not impressed me. I think this time he's going to lose.
Thinman is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2007, 01:24 AM   #42
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
There goes the rat...kind of easy to lure this one out of the hole.
Just remember one thing, Calzaghe is virtually unbeatable.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:29 AM   #43
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Just remember one thing, Calzaghe is virtually unbeatable.
I will never turn to the darkside. I will never allow my mind to be warped with your wishful thinking. Please Kessler, for all that is holy. Knock Calzaghes head off.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 AM   #44
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
I will never turn to the darkside. I will never allow my mind to be warped with your wishful thinking. Please Kessler, for all that is holy. Knock Calzaghes head off.
What if Calzaghe obliterates Kessler, Pavlik/Taylor and Dawson? I don't mean competitiveness, I mean annihilation or shutout.

Will you convert?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 AM   #45
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

delete

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum