Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
yesihavearm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 749
vCash: 1000
Default PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

PBF could have fought a real welterweight in Williams or even Mosely/Cotto. Instead he's done what he's always done and avoided the best competition possible instead to fight a light-welterweight who was clearly out of his depth when he moved up to 147!

Williams said he offered the fight to Fraud but Fraud turned it done, running scared as usual, like he does in most of his matches.

PBF's best wins are against a shot Gatti and a shot DLH.

Who's he gonna fight next, Ivan Calderon ?
yesihavearm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Hatton is a real fight. He's undefeated and a world champion.

Should Mayweather beat him, then he will fight Cotto/Mosley or Williams
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Williams is the weakest of the guys PBF could face. I would even pick PBF t o stop him.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,865
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Hatton is a real fight. He's undefeated and a world champion.

Should Mayweather beat him, then he will fight Cotto/Mosley or Williams
Well said
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
Lostmykeys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 443
vCash: 2036
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Williams isn't a big enough name.

That and Hatton was talking all kinds off shit after already ducking Floyd.
Lostmykeys is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
41fever
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: www.SFCboxingGYM.com
Posts: 3,418
vCash: 75
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Hatton is a real fight. He's undefeated and a world champion.

Should Mayweather beat him, then he will fight Cotto/Mosley or Williams
That's true, but Hatton has to come up to 147, a weight he doesn't perform well, he and his father admitted.
41fever is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #7
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 994
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

you just did a thread about pbf avoiding people. does it ever get boring doing the same thing over and over again?
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #8
JAM Killer
Coming Through.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 638
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

I disagree that Mayweather should have fought Williams, Williams is no where near ready for that and he would lose every ****ing round. Anyway, Mayweather should have fought Hatton at 140, at 147 Hatton does not stand a chance.
JAM Killer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottoFan89
Mayweather only took the the fight at 147 is because he knows he will beat Hatton at that weight. Mayweather wouldn't fight Hatton at 140 because he knows he could possibly lose at the weight.
That is the dumbest shit I have ever heard..In the history of boxing guys who stepped up a half a weight class or even a whole never made these bullshit excuses...Floyd is not a real welter...hatton is a lifetime 140 guy..floyd started at 130............................................the ****ing fight is even..Only in the world of nonboxing retards does the half of weight class and 7pounds mean anything..If he whoops him at 147..he whoops at 146-145--144-143-142-141-140-139 etc etc....If floyd was the bigger man....and he was draining A-LA every other welter that really weighs 160 on fight night then you have a point.............otherwise..STFU..So I guess after Hearns got demolished by Hagler..he said he would of took him out at 154.....just like duran made that same excuse for beating Sugar Ray the first fight..RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
Quote:
If you are a great fighter ..you are a great fighter at any ****ing weight as true great fighters like Floyd have proven.
INGRATES ACT LIKE HATTON IS MOVING UP TO MIDDLE..IT IS A HALF OF A WEIGHT CLASS............................................................................................... ....
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #10
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standi
Its really crazy to say Hatton would beat Mayweather at 140 because Mayweather used to knock people out at lower weights.Hatton will never beat Mayweather at any weight.Mayweather is a genius,he thinks and is very quick.Hatton fans can mourn and groan all they want but Mayweather is a superior fight


I am stil waiting on the crowd to prove to me a great fighter that moved up a half of weight class and just was plain trash and if that same fighter moved down the half a weight class beats the guy that whooped his ass a half a weight class higher..Hatton was Hatton against Collazo........................that is the most pure utter bullshit ever spewed..Collazo was Collazo.........Hatton couldnt push him around....Hatton could not hurt him............Hatton got tired trying to muscle him around...but the point is....it was still him...everything else..NON BELIEVERS....the fight is on youtube finally. Proves my case that he was no different, just that Collazo boxed his ass up and was the stronger man.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #11
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 994
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

i didnt see that fiight pon youtube i dont see it up
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:11 PM   #12
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standi
Boxers fight for money,Mayweather fights for money because he has established himself.Williams is a good fighter but hasnt established himself,he is not a big PPV fight for Mayweather yet,when he wins against a few guys then he can come to PBF.
Hatton has been talking rubbish for years,he called Mayweather long back,even went to watch Mayweather against Gatti with the intention of challenging Mayweather,after watching how Mayweather did his job,Hatton said 'maybe in two years we can have a fight',because he knew he would be taken apart.He didnt really want to fight Mayweather at this time but he knew he might never have a chance if Mayweather retired,all he wants is a big paycheque,he knows he is gonna get whooped
when floyd gets big paycheques, does he share some of it with you?
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:25 PM   #13
Mundo
****s the wives of every
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mayweather=FTP fuck that puto!!
Posts: 509
vCash: 2658
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

I cant BELIEVE all this BITCHING about Mayweather fighting HATTON.


im starting to believe the PBF fans that say he could be fighting ANYBODY and people would STILL bitch.


Hes fighting RICKY HATTON...

this isnt gatti, this isnt judah, this isnt mitchel, this isnt baldomir...

for ****s sakes get a grip.

wow.... he turned down a fight with the williams... who has JUST reached elite level, to fight RICKY HATTON.

it was barely before the judah fight where RING magazine had on their cover
'Forget Judah... give us Hatton vs Mayweather'

anyone who thinks that WILLIAMS is a better scalp, and opponent, for mayweather, at THIS POINT... is crazy. This is the perfect time to make this fight.

These guys are 2/3 of the undefeated star champions from 140-147 that have forged this era... being Mayweather, Hatton, Cotto... and this fight is needed. Williams is going to have to wait in line, because the winner of mosley/cotto should get it next.
Mundo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #14
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,227
vCash: 576
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottoFan89
Mayweather only took the the fight at 147 is because he knows he will beat Hatton at that weight. Mayweather wouldn't fight Hatton at 140 because he knows he could possibly lose at the weight.
If PBF knows he can beat Hatton at 147, then he will lose.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:52 PM   #15
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,227
vCash: 576
Default Re: PBF vs Williams; PBF avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundo
I cant BELIEVE all this BITCHING about Mayweather fighting HATTON.
I think it's retarded, but I'm not surprised. If PBF had fought anyone else, people would say he was ducking Hatton. Because he's number 1 in the best weight category in boxing (140-154), there are endless people for him to face. Since PBF can only fight one guy at a time (though he could probably beaten Gatti and Baldomir at the same time), there's always going to be someone he's "ducking".
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013