Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default All Time Flyweight Tournament Final: Fighting Harada vs Pascual Perez

We've made it to the end, gents. Only two mighty little warriors remain. You guys know the deal. Who wins the battle for ultimate Flyweight supremacy?
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054
Default Re: All Time Flyweight Tournament Final: Fighting Harada vs Pascual Perez

no vote yet thinking which may take time,just wanted to say i have found this a very ineresting tournament sweet pea. thanks
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836
Default Re: All Time Flyweight Tournament Final: Fighting Harada vs Pascual Perez

a perfect match up
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
abraq
Contender
ESB Senior Member

A very, very tough pick. Could go either way.

But at Flyweight, I think that Pascual Perez will just about edge Harada. But if there is a trilogy, then I am willing to bet Harada will pull out one win.
abraq is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #5
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

bump
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Gimme til tomorrow....a proper 'analysis' is required....well to the best of my ability
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 666

Nice job with the tournament, Pea. My pick is Harada, just by virtue of being big enough and durable enough to withstand Perez's power punching and accuracy, and force him back while outpunching him during the exchanges. Fighting Harada, ftw, UD.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2009, 04:34 AM   #8
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Still haven't been to sleep yet. Man, Floyd needs to man up and fight Mosley. This pick is important. More later.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2009, 06:28 AM   #9
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

This is a close, tough fight won by Harada on strength and volume....a very tough fight, though.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #10
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

right here goes been wathcing both guys all morning

Pascual Perez is a small clever infighter, he uses quick changes in angles to set himself up for punches inside and keeps his head moving. In a fight hes near unbeatable because of his defence and his strength and awkward punches that are hard.

Fighting Harada is a fast swarmer-boxer, he uses a great fast jab to look for openings (he sometimes double, triples, quadruples the jab) when he finds an opening he goes to work with fast hooks and straight rights. He also has good uppercuts that he uses to great effect. His reflexes are very good especially in his feet where he moves in and out of range easily.

right the anaylisis

The early rounds will consist of Harada looking for opening with the jabs and using fast combinations. Perez will be looking to work out Harada and draw him into a fight where his speed is negated. Harada hits hard enough to demand respect so Perez will realise he cant just rush in, conversly Perez hits hard enough to keep Harada off of him when Harada starts to swarm although both have great chins. Harada will be landing his combinations and getting out of range quickly as perez puts on intelligent pressure.

As the fight wears on perez will start drawing Harada into the fight, for me no Flyweight beats Perez in a fight. Both fighters like to use quick changes of angles in the inside to set up attacks so it will be a dynamic trading session. Perez i think is the stronger up close and will bully Harada abit and stop him from overwhelming him with the fast hooks/bolos. Perezs tight defence and head movement up close will stop him being hit as much and Perez will work Haradas body. Harada will start to use uppercuts on Perez that will work effectivly but he dosent throw enough of them.

As the later rounds come Perez seems to be in controll. Harada will try to start boxing but Perez will be closing him down and forcing him to trade using his great ring generalship. Perezs experiance down the stretch will pay off.

Perez UD/SD 15 (8-7, 9-6)

A duran vs Leonard 1 type fight here
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #11
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

I'm going with Perez. A truly great bantamweight king, but there's hardly a wrong answer here. This is a classic, Harada's in and out movement together with the punches in bunches see him sweep some early rounds, but Perez is investing in hard shots upstairs and down, and he's doing more scoring by the time we hit he later stages. Not to say he walks his man down, but his consistent and educated attack finds the mark down the strech for me.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #12
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Harada UD over 15.

There really isn't a right or wrong answer here, I just feel Harada is durable enough to take Perez's best, although I think he'll slow late, I think his activity and punch volume and swarming style is enough to get enough rounds in the bag come the championship rounds.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I think I'll also favor Harada due to his size and superior out-boxing skills. If need be, he could switch up the pace and get the better of Perez from long range. That's if need be in the first place.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

i am going for perez to get the nod probably by split decision harada could box when he needed to and no doubt catch perez with his rapid jabs and land some uppercuts on the advancing perez saying that i think perez get close enough to land some big body shots and as the fight wears on harada stands and fights rounds are exchanged with perez just edging enough rounds to as i said win a split decision but i could quite easily see the result going the other way
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #15
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I say Perez. I don't think Harada will be able to swarm over him as he did against Jofre (although I consider Jofre as superior to Perez) due to Perez's height and head/upper body movement. Harada is not a really sharp and percise hitter, and I think Perez will be landing the cleaner blows. A lot of leather is going to be exchanged here, and it will be close due to the aforementioned range/boxing advantage that lies with Harada. His jab is going to win rounds mixed with spurts of aggression (in addition to the rounds where he's just going at it) but I see Perez landing the more damaging blows, and I think he makes it hard for Harada even on the outside, even accounting for the sped-up quality of older footage he seems really fast of foot, and his trotting would get him in and out of range as well as Harada can against him IMO.

Perez 9-6.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum