Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #1
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

What are they going to be? Moving to SMW as we discussed after a KO loss and a full exposing of his subpar chin would not be a viable option, but making weight at 160 is becoming difficult. On top of it, Taylor would have already been destroyed against the solid, but non-spectacular Pavlik and Abraham would do the same, Sturm will just stay in Germany and fight nobodies.

I suppose he could rematch Wright after getting destroyed and maybe this time the decision will go to the right man, whoever that may be, sadly, even after he was destroyed, the winner would be well regarded, as would the loser.

It's really too bad he can't make 154, he seems to have success in that area.

What are the option for the disgraceful Jermain Taylor after his official brutal starching at the hands of the solid, but non-spectacular Kelly Pavlik?
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2007, 08:42 PM   #2
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,495
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

wow am i gonna be drunk that night........





wait what?
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 36,418
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

He's in dire straits as far as 160 goes. He doesn't want to be there any more. He'll be up to 168 and whatever that brings.
McGrain is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #4
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
What are they going to be? Moving to SMW as we discussed after a KO loss and a full exposing of his subpar chin would not be a viable option, but making weight at 160 is becoming difficult. On top of it, Taylor would have already been destroyed against the solid, but non-spectacular Pavlik and Abraham would do the same, Sturm will just stay in Germany and fight nobodies.

I suppose he could rematch Wright after getting destroyed and maybe this time the decision will go to the right man, whoever that may be, sadly, even after he was destroyed, the winner would be well regarded, as would the loser.

It's really too bad he can't make 154, he seems to have success in that area.

What are the option for the disgraceful Jermain Taylor after his official brutal starching at the hands of the solid, but non-spectacular Kelly Pavlik?
He is not disgraceful, Amsterdam! Just because he didn't want to come to Wales to fight Calzaghe doesn't make him disgraceful. Perhaps Calzaghe should have left his hometurf for once to make this fight happen, but instead he stays in Wales and fights the guys that comes to him. Even his fight against Hopkins that got cancelled would have been in UK.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:43 PM   #5
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

If/after Taylor gets stopped by Pavlik, he will move up to 168 where he will either get a rematch with Pavlik or fight a tune up fight against a fringe contender before trying to secure a title shot.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #6
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

win or lose taylor moves up to 168, with a loss you'll probably stop hearing his team calling for calzaghe though
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #7
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bombasto
win or lose taylor moves up to 168, with a loss you'll probably stop hearing his team calling for calzaghe though
Who's team calling for Calzaghe? Taylor's?

They turned down a 6 million dollar offer for a fight at 168 in Vegas on two occassions. DiBella isn't that stupid, even if he managed to beat Pavlik, he'd never be in the ring against Calzaghe.

This is the absurdity that we have to live with, when people ignore the actual events that went down and the way that boxing is done these days.

Taylor vs. Calzaghe?
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #8
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
He is not disgraceful, Amsterdam! Just because he didn't want to come to Wales to fight Calzaghe doesn't make him disgraceful. Perhaps Calzaghe should have left his hometurf for once to make this fight happen, but instead he stays in Wales and fights the guys that comes to him. Even his fight against Hopkins that got cancelled would have been in UK.
The offer was for a bout in Las Vegas, get your facts straight.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #9
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 563
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

Are you not slighty wary staking your entire reputation on someone like Pavlik -questionmark-
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #10
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Options for Amsterdam when his livelyhood in this site is taken from him due to Taylor knocking Pavlik around for a lopsided UD 12?
Blockhead, you'll be IP banned for six months, because you can't predict a fight for shit and can't analyse for shit, but act like you are the end all of boxing knowledge.

We won't have to see you and your foul presence for six months.

Still muscled?
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #11
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
Are you not slighty wary staking your entire reputation on someone like Pavlik -questionmark-
Not at all, Taylor is garbage against pressure fighters.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #12
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
The offer was for a bout in Las Vegas, get your facts straight.
I guess you are right, even though I haven't be able to find confirmation. But why did Calzaghes camp then offer Hopkins money, if they weren't promoting the fight?
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #13
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

Taylor is a winner, as far as Im concerned Pavlik's an easy assignment compared to dethrowning the great Bernard Hopkins.
box03 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #14
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
I guess you are right, even though I haven't be able to find confirmation. But why did Calzaghes camp then offer Hopkins money, if they weren't promoting the fight?
Hopkins did not even consider it to the point of friendly premptive negotiations, but any serious offer to an American at that point and by American I mean one of the P4P ranked guys like Taylor or Hopkins would have been offered for a fight in MSG or Vegas.

This was publically known stuff.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #15
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Options for Jermain Taylor after his official starching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by box03
Taylor is a winner, as far as Im concerned Pavlik's an easy assignment compared to dethrowning the great Bernard Hopkins.
Ah, great logic, because A beats B, and B has a better legacy, he automatically beats C, even though C has a severe stylistic advantage that the better all around B did not.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013