Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-10-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
Jinx
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default when did PBF RUN from DLH? i must've missed it!

i hear folks saying that PBF ran from DLH, but when i saw the fight PBF was either on the ropes or in the center of the ring, right in front of DLH...now i clearly saw DLH run like the cops were chasing him against Tito for 4 rds, but i failed to see PBF run against DLH...how bout someone point out the rds that PBF ran from DLH, because i must've been drunk or something...
Jinx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
MacManJr.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: when did PBF RUN from DLH? i must've missed it!

You just started some shit. LOL
MacManJr. is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 16131

Who cares it was a boring fight and neither guy did enough to deserve the win.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

I would not call it a run from PBF but he was for sure playing safe and somehow avoiding full fist to fist fight with DLH. I didnt like the way the fight was closed personally i think a draw was much better. For me DLH was the more courageous fighter while PBF was playing safe. There were some cases during the fight where his dumb smile was frozen and he started thinking seriously of fighting instead for smiling like a clown.

It would not be the same with Hatton. Hatton would not give him the chance of going backwards and playing the smart ass.
My bet is gonna be on hatton.
PBF will go down, he is a good athlete though.
albaneze is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
Jinx
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albaneze
I would not call it a run from PBF but he was for sure playing safe and somehow avoiding full fist to fist fight with DLH.
so you expected PBF to engage in a toughman contest with a much bigger puncher in DLH? if you were a boxer you'd be getting KTFO ALOT with that line of thinking...
Jinx is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #6
etong_08
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

PBF didn't run. It's just that DLH's punches were damn slow to catch his head.

**DLH surely caught the ribcage though..
etong_08 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #7
zan

absolutely. Floyd should have stood still a bit more. I mean, its not Oscar's fault he couldnt catch PBF often enough. What was Mayweather thinking? It's not like they were fighting for money or anything, Floyd should have made it a tad bit easier for Oscar to land.

Last edited by Heavyrighthand; 04-25-2006 at 03:05 PM.
zan is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #8
Stewbear
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

oscar showed all the signs of a ring rusty shot fighter and still beat floyd, who did practically nothing til last couple rounds when oscar gassed.
Stewbear is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #9
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

yep, ya must've
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #10
DonPrestige
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
i hear folks saying that PBF ran from DLH, but when i saw the fight PBF was either on the ropes or in the center of the ring, right in front of DLH...now i clearly saw DLH run like the cops were chasing him against Tito for 4 rds, but i failed to see PBF run against DLH...how bout someone point out the rds that PBF ran from DLH, because i must've been drunk or something...
He didnt run but people just jump on the bandwagon, one person says it and other people just nod in agreement (Hatton lost to Urango , that started doing the rounds two days after the fight. Damn lets see how long the Winky really beat Hopkins or Margarito beat Williams talk carries on. Now of course this is only a rule regards to PBF because you dont hear these ppl mentioning when Oscar actually did run from Tito.

Floyd style in last couple of fights has been cautious but he wins because he lands enough clean punches, surely if you back up and dont look to throw any punches that is running but hey in 2007, boxing is the art of getting hit while hitting your opponent thats why some people think Pac is P4P king.
DonPrestige is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #11
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonPrestige
He didnt run but people just jump on the bandwagon, one person says it and other people just nod in agreement (Hatton lost to Urango , that started doing the rounds two days after the fight. Damn lets see how long the Winky really beat Hopkins or Margarito beat Williams talk carries on. Now of course this is only a rule regards to PBF because you dont hear these ppl mentioning when Oscar actually did run from Tito.

Floyd style in last couple of fights has been cautious but he wins because he lands enough clean punches, surely if you back up and dont look to throw any punches that is running but hey in 2007, boxing is the art of getting hit while hitting your opponent thats why some people think Pac is P4P king.
PBF is fighting people who are way naturally bigger than him Pac isn't. See the difference? If Pac was being outweighed on fight night by 12 or more pounds he wouldn't be so aggressive either. That's what makes PBF so great he's clearly the smaller man in the ring and should be fighting at 140 but he still finds a way to win.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 10:38 AM   #12
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:

How exactly is getting hit an art? How much skill does it take to get hit? I'm pretty sure anyone can get into a ring and get hit if they want to. I have heard people say though that boxing is the art of hitting while not getting hit.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #13
DonPrestige
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
How exactly is getting hit an art? How much skill does it take to get hit? I'm pretty sure anyone can get into a ring and get hit if they want to. I have heard people say though that boxing is the art of hitting while not getting hit.
I was being sarcastic
DonPrestige is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #14
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

WTF said that?
Thom is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 10:44 AM   #15
Boricua - TLH
Journeyman

My God!! I can't believe ther's still a forum to discuss this so-called "fight"... None of them ran, they danced and caressed each other from beginning to end. No wonder Floyd joined "Dancing with the Stars"... I'm out!!
Boricua - TLH is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum