Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default Re: Terry Norris fantasy fights

Obviously Hagler beats him.

Jackson probably beats him...if we are assuming he is the same fighter from the first fight.

If the weight isnt an issue..he beats Chavez.

Trinidad Id give an edge to..A winnable fight for Terry but my initial instinct is to go for Tito ..May tito stops him in the first outing and drops a decision in the return. Wont argue with anyone that sees this one for Terry though.

Id pick Kelly to beat him.

And the rest Terry handles in varying degrees of ease.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Simon Brown III- As pathetic as his performance was in the first fight, Norris proved that when he had his head on right he could have his way with Brown. He'd likely have done the same in a third matchup.

Julian Jackson II- Norris likely outboxes him for a longer portion than the first fight before being caught up in a barrage at some point and hurt badly. I can't see him fending off Jackson after that point.

Ike Quartey- Provided Norris is on his A game, I think he has too many tools for the one-dimensional Quartey. On the other hand, Quartey was a bull in his own right. Depends on the weight really. At 154 I'd favor Norris by comfy UD, at 147 Ike may put a hurting on him. All depends on how he deals with the weight

JCC Superstar at 147- Norris would likely outbox him to a pretty comfortable UD, provided that, as Rock said, the weight didn't effect him. Otherwise he might be too weak to handle Chavez's pressure and body attack.

Felix Trinidad- Like Jackson, I'd have to favor Tito to land a big barrage at some point and get Norris out of there. I just don't have the faith in Norris's chin to favor over the big punchers.

David Reid- Easy win for Norris.

The Pea that fought Vazquez- That version I think Norris would win a pretty handy decision over.

The Floyd that fought DLH- See above.

Kelly Pavlik at MW- I think Pavlik takes Norris out after being out-boxed early on.

Jermain Taylor at MW- Norris was a lot more talented than Taylor, but every bit as inconsistent and un-intelligent. Also, he'd be at a pretty distinct size disadvantage here. I'm going to go with Taylor by KO.

Prime Marvin Hagler-
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2009, 12:01 AM   #4
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

He beats them all, Hagler included

Probably not Hagler
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #5
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

He would not have beaten Hagler once in 100 attempts. There's no "probably" about it.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2009, 01:20 AM   #6
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Simon Brown III.....Same as the rematch.

Julian Jackson II.....Would lose again but would last longer.

Ike Quartey.....Terry wins this one by a wide UD.

JCC Superstar at 147.....Terry gets the TKO victory very similar to the way Oscar did. But Terry beats Chavez in a pound for pound sense or head to head. Chavez is nowhere near Terry's level.

Felix Trinidad.....I hate to go against my childhood hero in Tito but I see Terry winning a unanimous decision, somewhere along the lines of 116-112 or 117-111.

David Reid.....Terry beats him easily.

The Pea that fought Vazquez......Terry by decision along the lines of 117-111.

The Floyd that fought DLH......Same as above.

Kelly Pavlik at MW.....Terry of the Simon Brown rematch beats Kelly by decision.

Jermain Taylor at MW.....Terry by unanimous decision.

Prime Marvin Hagler.....Hagler wins this fight.
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2009, 06:33 AM   #7
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=BENNY BLANCO;4995198] But Terry beats Chavez in a pound for pound sense or head to head. Chavez is nowhere near Terry's level.
[quote]

Benny c'mon, you really don't believe this statement do you? Is this just PR vs Mexican bias? That's an outrageous statement. C'mon dude, you can do better than that. Watch some film, I implore you. You had to have seen Chavez vs Rosario. Chavez vs Camacho?
natonic is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #8
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

Simon Brown III- Norris comes out on top here, i reckon he wouldnt get stopped.

Julian Jackson II- It's just one of those things, Jackson would stop him imo, it would happen late though.

Ike Quartey- A real good fight would ensue from the middle rounds on, but Norris should win this for me, the jab of Quartey makes it such a hard battle, but the fact he likes to come forward all the time means Norris scores and hurts his man en route to a decision win.

JCC Superstar at 147- at 147? who knows? does Chavez hurt him to the body as a derivative from the poundage? I'll take the bigger man.

Felix Trinidad- Trinidad by stoppage for me, as good as Norris' movement is, he's not in there to put on a pure boxing masterclass, he'd get stopped.

David Reid- Norris scores a brutal one

The Pea that fought Vazquez- Norris could do very well a la Diobelys Hurtado, i'd likely take him.

The Floyd that fought DLH- I have to say Norris because of the weight and the fact that Norris is one of my greatest ever at it. Floyd is better all things considered imo.

Kelly Pavlik at MW- Pavlik to stop him, provided he comes through almost getting blown away early.

Jermain Taylor at MW- Taylor to box well then dissapoint down the stretch, and lose.

Prime Marvin Hagler- Hagler by spectacular ko.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

Quote:
Benny c'mon, you really don't believe this statement do you? Is this just PR vs Mexican bias? That's an outrageous statement. C'mon dude, you can do better than that. Watch some film, I implore you. You had to have seen Chavez vs Rosario. Chavez vs Camacho?
Chavez was a top elite fighter in his time and yes I have seened those fights you've mentioned and no it has nothing to with a PR vs Mexican bias, my posting history would show you that I'm not racially or nationalistically bias at all. I just would never put Chavez in the same class as someone as ultra talented as Norris, that is all. But if you want my opinion I do think Chavez is the most overrated modern fighter of our time.
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #10
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY BLANCO View Post
But if you want my opinion I do think Chavez is the most overrated modern fighter of our time.
OK. We're all entitled to our opinion. I sincerely apologize for the nationalistic question. I saw you picked Norris over Tito. I think more often than not Tito would've gotten him at some point.
No I'm beginning to think the guy in your avatar is the most overrated fighter of our time or at least on this forum. He's firmly supplanted David Tua for that position.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Honestly, there's a group of posters who seem to think Norris, Camacho and the Rapist are the be all and end all.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum