Old 09-18-2007, 06:12 AM   #16
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Hatton / Tszyu night

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac
You say you take nothing away from Hatton, but then proceed to give out every excuse in the book on Tszyu's behalf....

In all honesty, the fact the Tszyu has stayed away from the ring, shows me that he was content with his effort.

My guess is that if Tsyzu was'nt happy with his effort for whatever reason, he would have wanted to correct it.
.....but I've got to believe with the way he comported himself before and after, that he was happy with the effort and is going to leave it at that!
No mate tszyu isnt content with his performance against hatton,hes just a smart man who knew it is time to call it a day with lots of cash and most importantly his health still in order.

You claim that because he didnt fight again after the loss he was HAPPY with the loss???

You havent a clue mate...
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2007, 06:32 AM   #17
grayggr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
it was 2am for both of them.

worst.excuse.ever.
Exactly.

The only reason the fight was 2am was to satisfy US TV paymasters so the fight could be shown at a decent time Eastern US Time. Both Hatton and Kostya had to adjust to this absurd condition imposed by the TV network (Showtime I think).
grayggr is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 AM   #18
gatorage
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Sorry, maybe I should have just said Tszyu went to the challenger's backyard and Hatton fought a fight that only a local ref would have allowed.

We saw what happened when an american ref actually told Ricky to stop holding with Collazo...he nearly got KOed in the last round.
gatorage is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 07:19 AM   #19
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexdd
So this is Hatton's crown jewel fight thus far in his pretty lenghtly career .. What's the common consenus? I remember a very ugly, catch and grab fight where Hatton used everything to gain a unfair advantage - minus wraping barbwire around his gloves. His cling-on & bang-away style was as bad in this fight as the last few rounds of his Urango night.. The intentional low blow he laid after the break was a foul only second to Zab laying into Mayweather... actually it was worse b/c Tszyu has always been a class act and no way deserved it. The ref obviously gave Tszyu time to recover but no penalty to the Hitman.

This fight was more of a rugby skirmish than boxing. Yet he still makes these audacious comments about PBF being boring/unwatchable when this fight is hardly a FOTY. I really hope Mayweather doesnt fall prey to these IMO lowbrow tactics and wins every minute of every round.
so the longest whinge in the history of sport goes on.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 07:21 AM   #20
Ray_Robinson
G.O.A.T 175-19-6-2.

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
so the longest whinge in the history of sport goes on.
I'm sure the whinging after Mayweather beats Hatton will be longer.
Ray_Robinson is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 07:28 AM   #21
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Robinson
i doubt it, mayweather will beat hatton clearly enough without people bitching. most brits know hattons chances are slim and we're not that whiny when we lose, just shrug our shoulders and go meh.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 AM   #22
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Robinson
I don't think so, most Hatton fan know Mayweather is a great fighter and will be hard to beat. If Hatton does lose most fans will accept that he gave his best shot against the P4P #1 and came up short.

The reason that the Zoo 'thing' drags on around here is that most ESBers picked Zoo by very early KO, said Hatton had obsolutley no chance and were very vocal and insulting to Hatton in the process....so now, instead of just admitting they got it wrong, they're just trying make excuses why they picked the fight so badly.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 07:32 AM   #23
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

tszyu got his ass pounded, he is only good at beating guys like hurtado and sharmba.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 07:38 AM   #24
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Remember that Mayweather wanted no part of Tszyu!!
David UK is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 07:45 AM   #25
djb2009
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulty
I saw and enthralling battle. The hatton low blow came after Kostya had gotten away with repeated low blows (hatton in his book says he throw that shot knowing the referee couldn't take a point given he hadn't warned Kostya.)

It's noticable that Kostya hasn't moaned and says he was beaten by the better fighter.

Beautiful I was just about to say this. The guy who started this thread should watch the fight again and pay attention this time
djb2009 is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 08:45 AM   #26
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

the whingers are never going to let it drop.they are are a pathetic bunch.they should be supporting netball or something,a non contact sport for girls.what they would have made of rocky marciano lord only knows.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #27
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Zoo never faired well against pressure fighters, Hattons style (though extremely unappealing) is very effective against pure boxer/punchers like Zoo. The fact that Zoo was in his mid to late 30's didn't help but really didn't play much of a factor when thinking about how Zoo reacts to guys that smother him. I'm not a fan of Hatton's style but he is a determined hunger warrior which should be respected.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #28
BaronBrad
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb2009
[/b]

Beautiful I was just about to say this. The guy who started this thread should watch the fight again and pay attention this time

Don't think it would make any difference. He is so biased and blind to reality that he only sees what he wants and then bores us all with his non-adjective comments.

Hatton wanted it more and Hatton gave as good as he got. To talk about the low blow and fail to state that he was retaliating to Zoo's is silly - everyone clearly knows this was Hatton saying "anything you can do, I can do better".

Bring on Mayweather.
BaronBrad is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #29
jexdd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronBrad
Don't think it would make any difference. He is so biased and blind to reality that he only sees what he wants and then bores us all with his non-adjective comments.
What does non-adjective mean exactly?

The fight was stylistically a nightmare and Hatton is to blame <period> Hatton got away with everything and the low blow was a nasty incident in which Hatton does not get critizied for. He showed no real class. He's just a punter of a boxer and he'll get what's coming Dec 8.
jexdd is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 02:53 PM   #30
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Better fight than anything Run-away-weather has ever been in.

Tzyu and Hatton got it on and neither man complained, when Hatton got hit low he hit KT back low. Both men went at it to see who would come up short and it was Kostya.

Are you guys boxing fans or what?? What's all this 'it was dirty and nasty' bullshit. That was a fight between two gladiators, a war of attrition and the beauty of boxing is you have all these different styles and now and then you get 2 brawlers like that and sometimes you get brawler V boxer like Hatton Mayweather. It's all part of the fun.

If everyone boxed like Mayweather it would be like watching the amateurs.
EL BULLY is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum