Old 09-28-2007, 12:09 PM   #241
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Hmmm...you shut yourself away in that British forum and never come out...meanwhile, Masterdam is ruling with a rod of iron.
I'm a vet. I don't post as much in other forums cos ive seen it all before. ive lived these threads out time and time again. Now I mod and try to revitalise the British section to its former glory, which is slowly returning.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #242
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
I'm a vet. I don't post as much in other forums cos ive seen it all before. ive lived these threads out time and time again. Now I mod and try to revitalise the British section to its former glory, which is slowly returning.
That is a good plan! I am trying to get John Simpson to come and do what Willie Limond did...but his sister and Dunky are dragging their feet...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 09:01 PM   #243
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Its getting there quicker than scheduled Achilles my good man. By the time I leave I want ESB british forum to be the no1 forum for boxing fans from these shores. Im doing my bit, cos I want to see british ESB take over Boxrec as the place to be for scots, english, irish & welsh posters to post, & its almost there. You have had a strong ally in me, & I just hope you appreciate my input once I am gone

A song written in rememberance of my ESB exploits would be a fitting start
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 11:46 PM   #244
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
We represent different sides of a fan. I represent the right side and Amsterdam represents the wrong.
Nobody doubts that you are knowledgable, but you represent the common conformist-fan opinion more so than your own down deep feelings, I on the other hand represent my own analysations.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 11:54 PM   #245
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a "I was nominated so I'm a better poster than you" kind of thing.

There is also the argument that those who are nominated on the committee are actually those posters who DO conform... to the ESB wacky way of thinking (on some subjects).

This committee, I thought, was to get a ESB ranking system from a number of posters voted by their peers to represent them. Kinda like The Ring... I don't always agree with it. But I still use it in arguments etc...
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 11:58 PM   #246
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Nobody doubts that you are knowledgable, but you represent the common conformist-fan opinion more so than your own down deep feelings, I on the other hand represent my own analysations.
Their is a reason for majorities Amsterdam. His feelings may be just as genuine as yours, but happen to agree with the majority most of the time. Your feeling represent you, and you are often at odds with the majority. There is nothing wrong with either side, and we should pretend to know why the other thinks the way they do, unless a noticable and discernable pattern forms.

It has become en vogue to say that having a majority opinion is conforming, so much so that people will look for reasons to disagree with the majority so they don't conform, therefore conforming to non-conformist ideals, and being no different in reality than those they argue with.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 12:00 AM   #247
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
It has become en vogue to say that having a majority opinion is conforming, so much so that people will look for reasons to disagree with the majority so they don't conform, therefore conforming to non-conformist ideals, and being no different in reality than those they argue with.
Exactly. And it gets kinda annoying. Non-conforming for the sake of non-conforming.
KO Boxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum