Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 12:45 AM   #46
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,074
vCash: 497
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

kg0208 and El Rey, both good posters with little bias.
jopez707 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2007, 12:46 AM   #47
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,025
vCash: 800
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
Erractic Behavior and Sues Second
Two unbiased guys that know their stuff.
Sues 2nd this guy is one of the biggest hater in this forum EL Rey This guy is a Racist Mexican...you guys are on the pipe


KG and Brooklyn no question
chimba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:47 AM   #48
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,074
vCash: 497
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravtrav
Domngo
Johnco
Possibly the worst nominations ever...
jopez707 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:55 AM   #49
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston...
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
Sues 2nd this guy is one of the biggest hater in this forum EL Rey This guy is a Racist Mexican...you guys are on the pipe


KG and Brooklyn no question
WOW, make one post that ya dont agree with and Im a hater....

I LOVE IT WHEN NUTHUGGERS PULL THE HATER CARD!!!

Here is a tiny little bit of advice. If someone doesnt agree with you 100% of the time, it doesnt mean that they are a hater or a nuthugger. When its obvious, then cool, pull the card...when its not....STFU!!!

Please name one fighter I "hate" on...I would LOVE to hear this.

As I am sure most others would too.

(most of the time, when my name is mentioned, I am called unbiased...as it already has once in this thread...so again...please...one name!)
sues2nd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:56 AM   #50
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,074
vCash: 497
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
Sues 2nd this guy is one of the biggest hater in this forum EL Rey This guy is a Racist Mexican...you guys are on the pipe


KG and Brooklyn no question
I dont think he is racist (thought I have read everything he has ever posted) but at any rate what his Mexican ethnicity have to due with him being a so-called racist? I dont agree with evetything he says, for instance I believe he hates on Jermaine Taylor too much. But nobody is perfect.
jopez707 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:01 AM   #51
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,025
vCash: 800
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd
WOW, make one post that ya dont agree with and Im a hater....

I LOVE IT WHEN NUTHUGGERS PULL THE HATER CARD!!!

Here is a tiny little bit of advice. If someone doesnt agree with you 100% of the time, it doesnt mean that they are a hater or a nuthugger. When its obvious, then cool, pull the card...when its not....STFU!!!

Please name one fighter I "hate" on...I would LOVE to hear this.

As I am sure most others would too.

(most of the time, when my name is mentioned, I am called unbiased...as it already has once in this thread...so again...please...one name!)
PAC and his fans..I dont have time to get research your posts

Sue..If you dont agree...say I do not agree... "I think this guy beats him" plain and simple..THAT I call fair.

Now when you embellish in making fantasy matchups as a set up to make someone looks ridicoulous...thats a HATER..

Id rather have a hugger than a hater..and BTW YES I HUG PAC he is also #2 P4P. All you have to say is " I dont think so, hes not #2"
Instead of pitting him up with some other fighters of a diff era.

Never I mean Never did I do a JMM vs. Duran..Actually its never been done..because I or WE DONT CARE!

I dont like Floyd..thats it...Fans of him can rejoice dont give a shit...I dont Agree with them but hey..Im not going to pit him against Wlad
chimba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:12 AM   #52
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Anywhere where there is trouble
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

amsterdam and brooklyn 1550
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:15 AM   #53
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
PAC and his fans..I dont have time to get research your posts

Sue..If you dont agree...say I do not agree... "I think this guy beats him" plain and simple..THAT I call fair.

Now when you embellish in making fantasy matchups as a set up to make someone looks ridicoulous...thats a HATER..

Id rather have a hugger than a hater..and BTW YES I HUG PAC he is also #2 P4P. All you have to say is " I dont think so, hes not #2"
Instead of pitting him up with some other fighters of a diff era.

Never I mean Never did I do a JMM vs. Duran..Actually its never been done..because I or WE DONT CARE!

I dont like Floyd..thats it...Fans of him can rejoice dont give a shit...I dont Agree with them but hey..Im not going to pit him against Wlad
I don't know what Sue2nd said, but he is generally unbiased when I talk with him.

You do have to remember one thing. Most Pacman fans feel I hate Pacman. I don't. He is my #2 p4p and one of the best fighters of his generation so far.

What I DO fight with them about is there habit of comparing him to ATG in a way that I feel goes beyond cheering for him.

Somebody, no names needed, just said that Pacman has looked better against elite competition than the fab 4 of the 80's did. Those type of statements spawn the Pacman vs Duran threads. A statement like that leads to many debates, which often lead to an almost ludicrous amount of things said on both sides that aren't true.

Cheering the fighter is one thing, but I have seen the accomplishments of SRR put in very low perspective, or the greatness of Pep looked down on all in the name of elevating Pacman to their level or higher. Thats when I say something....and the fact that I have to so often is part of why they think I hate Pacman, when in reality, I just don't like the way they say things and propogate things. I do the same thing to PBF fans, Calzaghe fans, Klit fans etc.

Sues2nd probably falls into the same catagory I do with some Pacfans. They also have an unusual habit of thinking that if you don't believe everything they say, you hate Pacman and like Morales, MAB, or JMM....as "He whooped you hero" is a favorite comeback. If Pacman beat Jones, I am sure I would know about it by now.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:17 AM   #54
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston...
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
PAC and his fans..I dont have time to get research your posts

Sue..If you dont agree...say I do not agree... "I think this guy beats him" plain and simple..THAT I call fair.

Now when you embellish in making fantasy matchups as a set up to make someone looks ridicoulous...thats a HATER..

Id rather have a hugger than a hater..and BTW YES I HUG PAC he is also #2 P4P. All you have to say is " I dont think so, hes not #2"
Instead of pitting him up with some other fighters of a diff era.

Never I mean Never did I do a JMM vs. Duran..Actually its never been done..because I or WE DONT CARE!

I dont like Floyd..thats it...Fans of him can rejoice dont give a shit...I dont Agree with them but hey..Im not going to pit him against Wlad
Pacman? One of my favorite fighters? Manny right? We arent talking about his brother are we?

I think you TOTALLY took my posts about Manny out of context, or your mistaking me for someone else.

FIRST, the ONLY time I have ever said anything bad about Manny is when I said that his fight with JMM was a draw (which drew some huge ire from the Pac fans BTW...).

Let me break this down....ONE...MORE...TIME...for you.

I like Pac. I am not a big fan of JMM (tho I do feel he is a great talent). I think JMM came into that fight not fully realizing just how hard Manny hits (who, BTW is my pic for p4p hardest puncher in the sport.....ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT THIS DUDE????). He got caught early and Pac went into a comfort zone so to speak...throwing the same combo over and over. And being the great counterpuncher Marquez is, he started timing him better and winning rounds.

I feel he won most of the quite easily and clearly. The only ones I gave to Pacman after round one were all close as well.

And even after all that, I picked Manny by KO if they meet again.

(only other time I remember is arguing with Dominga about that ALL fighters bend the rules...to which he said Pac didnt and I said he did and gave examples.)

Again......HOW IN THE HELL DO I HATE ON MANNY? Again, most of the time (except for what was outlined above) I am doing nothing but praising Pac. Resume (tho I do think EM was on the decline, I still count it as a hell of a win), level of comp, power, skills, personality. The guy is the man.

And never, have a EVER just said, someone wins and thats that....Im far too longwinded for some bs answer like that.

(and about Floyd, I HATE the man...I hope he gets hit by a bus....but I LOVE watching him fight...so wrong there also.)

Now again......HOW IN THE HOLY HELL AM I A HATER?!?!?!?!?

Please, again, explain.

sues2nd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:23 AM   #55
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Anywhere where there is trouble
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
I don't know what Sue2nd said, but he is generally unbiased when I talk with him.

You do have to remember one thing. Most Pacman fans feel I hate Pacman. I don't. He is my #2 p4p and one of the best fighters of his generation so far.

What I DO fight with them about is there habit of comparing him to ATG in a way that I feel goes beyond cheering for him.

Somebody, no names needed, just said that Pacman has looked better against elite competition than the fab 4 of the 80's did. Those type of statements spawn the Pacman vs Duran threads. A statement like that leads to many debates, which often lead to an almost ludicrous amount of things said on both sides that aren't true.

Cheering the fighter is one thing, but I have seen the accomplishments of SRR put in very low perspective, or the greatness of Pep looked down on all in the name of elevating Pacman to their level or higher. Thats when I say something....and the fact that I have to so often is part of why they think I hate Pacman, when in reality, I just don't like the way they say things and propogate things. I do the same thing to PBF fans, Calzaghe fans, Klit fans etc.
kg i remember a poster here saying that jmm should be number#1 in 130 pnds.
so i retaliated with a thread that shows the resumes of pac and jmm in 130pnds.
a poster said i was bringing nuthugging to another level: why is that?
is defending certain points nuthugging? when it is based from personal views and fact?
why is it that when we present those 2 just to justify our point in immediacy someone would say i'm a nuthugger without even saying why my post is too nuthugging and then present some facts contrary to what ive shown.
coz in that way we could have a healthy argument and that's about it.it doesnt matter if i changed his views in the end or he changed mine: it's all for the sake of conversation..
it's just too degrading in my part after working hard for all that shit..
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:29 AM   #56
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Anywhere where there is trouble
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd
Pacman? One of my favorite fighters? Manny right? We arent talking about his brother are we?

I think you TOTALLY took my posts about Manny out of context, or your mistaking me for someone else.

FIRST, the ONLY time I have ever said anything bad about Manny is when I said that his fight with JMM was a draw (which drew some huge ire from the Pac fans BTW...).

Let me break this down....ONE...MORE...TIME...for you.

I like Pac. I am not a big fan of JMM (tho I do feel he is a great talent). I think JMM came into that fight not fully realizing just how hard Manny hits (who, BTW is my pic for p4p hardest puncher in the sport.....ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT THIS DUDE????). He got caught early and Pac went into a comfort zone so to speak...throwing the same combo over and over. And being the great counterpuncher Marquez is, he started timing him better and winning rounds.

I feel he won most of the quite easily and clearly. The only ones I gave to Pacman after round one were all close as well.

And even after all that, I picked Manny by KO if they meet again.

(only other time I remember is arguing with Dominga about that ALL fighters bend the rules...to which he said Pac didnt and I said he did and gave examples.)

Again......HOW IN THE HELL DO I HATE ON MANNY? Again, most of the time (except for what was outlined above) I am doing nothing but praising Pac. Resume (tho I do think EM was on the decline, I still count it as a hell of a win), level of comp, power, skills, personality. The guy is the man.

And never, have a EVER just said, someone wins and thats that....Im far too longwinded for some bs answer like that.

(and about Floyd, I HATE the man...I hope he gets hit by a bus....but I LOVE watching him fight...so wrong there also.)

Now again......HOW IN THE HOLY HELL AM I A HATER?!?!?!?!?

Please, again, explain.

i think we can find a solution to the problem:
for the pacfans: don't be fast to call someone opposite our views a hater. just prove the points and why. that's it. if he still don't argue either shut up or keep arguing.
same goes for the "others": don't be keen enough to say a certain pacfan is a nuthugger especially when he presented a certain point?s about a certain issue concerning pac. listen first and judge.
i guess it's also my bad: i sensationalize pac too much and as for the haters: they find their way in making threads just to bash if not pac but the pac fans alone. i've noticed some posters are like this and they are only deceiving for the sake of argument but the truth there hidden agendas are transcending they want to hit some of us for fun..
i can name some but i rather keep it to myself..
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:30 AM   #57
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_takamura
kg i remember a poster here saying that jmm should be number#1 in 130 pnds.
so i retaliated with a thread that shows the resumes of pac and jmm in 130pnds.
a poster said i was bringing nuthugging to another level: why is that?
is defending certain points nuthugging? when it is based from personal views and fact?
why is it that when we present those 2 just to justify our point in immediacy someone would say i'm a nuthugger without even saying why my post is too nuthugging and then present some facts contrary to what ive shown.
coz in that way we could have a healthy argument and that's about it.it doesnt matter if i changed his views in the end or he changed mine: it's all for the sake of conversation..
it's just too degrading in my part after working hard for all that shit..
In that scenario, that is not nuthugging. JMM has what...one fight at 130 and Pacman has six? There is factual evidence and basis to say Pacman is the top 130lb fighter in the world.

A scenario of nuthugging is to say that Pacman is better than Willie Pep, when their resumes aren't close to comparable, and Pep is considered a Top 10 ATG. When presented with facts and resumes and legacy, a known Pacman fan says "Pep didn't look so good on video, and he had no KO power" as though this suddenly justifies his position. It doesn't, as at some point, opinion and fanfare has to go out the window. Objectivity is valued for a reason. The Pacfan was not in this case looking at facts, but completely ignoring the legacy of Pep, and using the fact that Pep, who was a great defensive fighter and technician who didn't need to KO his opponents, as their basis for Pacman being the better fighter.

This same scenario has been done for PBF fans, Klit fans, etc.

I daresay the person who called you a nuthugger then was probably reacting to previous encounters with some Pacman fans where the rules change suddenly throughout the conversation or they contradict themselves in another thread. ALL fans do this, and I don't mean to point out only Pacman fans, but this is the scenario we are speaking of.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:34 AM   #58
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Anywhere where there is trouble
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

aahh never mind about this sorry if i changed the topic gentlemen, i was merely reacting to chimba's views sues2nd.pls go on with the thread..
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:35 AM   #59
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_takamura
aahh never mind about this sorry if i changed the topic gentlemen, i was merely reacting to chimba's views sues2nd.pls go on with the thread..
You were fine. I thought your post was well thought out actually.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:36 AM   #60
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston...
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official ESB Rankings Poster Nomination Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_takamura
i think we can find a solution to the problem:
for the pacfans: don't be fast to call someone opposite our views a hater. just prove the points and why. that's it. if he still don't argue either shut up or keep arguing.
same goes for the "others": don't be keen enough to say a certain pacfan is a nuthugger especially when he presented a certain point?s about a certain issue concerning pac. listen first and judge.
i guess it's also my bad: i sensationalize pac too much and as for the haters: they find their way in making threads just to bash if not pac but the pac fans alone. i've noticed some posters are like this and they are only deceiving for the sake of argument but the truth there hidden agendas are transcending they want to hit some of us for fun..
i can name some but i rather keep it to myself..
Chimba is a sues2nd hater....thats all.....

NOW WHERE ARE MY NUTHUGGERS AT???

just kidding, just kidding, just kidding....

(seriously tho, Chimba, you really should read my posts before you say something as outlandish as that bro. Its all good, just kinda caught me offguard. I will tell you one thing...I am a boxing fan first, a fan of a fighter second. It makes for less bs.... )

And mad tak....good posts bro (both of them).

Now lets get back to getting me more nominations....

Last edited by Fitir; 06-21-2006 at 07:27 PM.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013