Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #31
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

I always felt the best way to beat Charles was by putting a beating on him. I know Walcott did well against him by using unorthodox methods to disrupt his flow, but it must be noted that Charles beat him as many times as he lost to him, and he wasn't in the heart of his prime either. It's winnable for Jones, but i like Charles. The only thing is that Charles is slower, which makes me reluctant here. But Charles would do well with his jab, and combos of the short stuff to head and body when Jones leaps in with hooks etc. I reckon an explosive burst of shots ends matters late.
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #32
Axl_Nose
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 824
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

Fleaman and Gpater start these threads like they are 'random draws' .. Why are they random draws ?? because you say so, because gpater says so ?? Who are you guys, your nobody's to me .. A reputation on a boxing forum, big deal .... I think you have an agenda for the 175 tournament and Gpater had an agenda for the 160 tournament. Whether you realise it or not, it doesnt matter to me .... In each tournament Carlos Monzon was in against Roy Jones in the early rounds of the 160 tournament and now at 175 you have Ezzard Charles in with Roy Jones in the early rounds .. This suggests you both either want Roy Jones out of the tournament or the 'Tournament Favourite' out of the competition which at 160 was Monzon and at 175 was Charles .....

You guys maybe able to fool some guys on here but you aint fooling me, these tournaments are agenda based, i dont care what you say, who the hell is 'Fleaman' to me, nobody thats who ..

Random, yeah right ..... Your the nob-head Fleaman not me and anyone who buys this shit is buying into an agenda .. You cant lead Axl by the nose, because i see right through you .......

Its a 'Random' draw people, honest !!
Axl_Nose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #33
Axl_Nose
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 824
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

People shouldnt buy this crap ..

Gpater a poster i respect, starts a new thread about a tournament at 160, in one of the early rounds he puts the greatest 160 fighter Carlos Monzon against Roy Jones. Jones should never be classed as a 160 fighter, his career suggests that you have to classify him as a 175 or 168 fighter .. But he puts him up against Monzon knowing that he is one of the only guys that obviously gives Monzon a serious problem, therefore sparking debate ....

Fleaman, starts a thread about a tournament at 175, in one of the early rounds he puts the greatest 175 fighter Ezzard Charles against Roy Jones. Knowing that Roy Jones is a guy that would give Charles all kinds of problems, therefore sparking debate ....

This is a total agenda based thread as are all 'Tournament' threads .. It is manipulation in its worst form. They always say its a 'Random' draw but that is complete bullshit .. Roy Jones Jr is tossed into the mix to make things interesting against the perceived 'Favourite' of the tournament, and the original poster knows that Roy has a style that would work against anyone hoping that the 'Favourite' goes out of the tournament so there isnt a predictable result/winner ......

Dont be fooled into thinking this is all random, its all agenda based ....

Fleaman, the day someone like you foolsl me, i'll be 96 years old !!
Axl_Nose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #34
Axl_Nose
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 824
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

Gpater made a fatal mistake in his 160 tournament, he claimed it was a random draw but my oh my, look who the final is between - Carlos Monzon v Marvin Hagler ..... What a surprise ....

Who's betting that the 175 final is between Ezzard Charles v Michael Spinks .....

Somewere along the way, Fleaman will work it out that Bob Foster has to fight Archie Moore and the winner takes on Spinks, and Spinks just edges it .. Ezzard Charles will probably have to take on Gene Tunney at some point, whether its the Quarters or the Semi's .. Harold Johnson, John Conteh, Joey Maxim and Georges Carpentier might be in there somewere as 'opponents', but believe me, we are heading for Charles v Spinks ....

I can read this like a book !!
Axl_Nose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:11 PM   #35
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl_Nose View Post
Gpater made a fatal mistake in his 160 tournament, he claimed it was a random draw but my oh my, look who the final is between - Carlos Monzon v Marvin Hagler ..... What a surprise ....

Who's betting that the 175 final is between Ezzard Charles v Michael Spinks .....

Somewere along the way, Fleaman will work it out that Bob Foster has to fight Archie Moore and the winner takes on Spinks, and Spinks just edges it .. Ezzard Charles will probably have to take on Gene Tunney at some point, whether its the Quarters or the Semi's .. Harold Johnson, John Conteh, Joey Maxim and Georges Carpentier might be in there somewere as 'opponents', but believe me, we are heading for Charles v Spinks ....

I can read this like a book !
Um, Spinks might just be out already

JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:56 PM   #36
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,971
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl_Nose View Post
Gpater made a fatal mistake in his 160 tournament, he claimed it was a random draw but my oh my, look who the final is between - Carlos Monzon v Marvin Hagler ..... What a surprise ....
Of course, that had nothing to do with the majority of people on this forum considering them the two best MWs ever, and thus picking them to beat everyone else they were matched against.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl_Nose View Post
Who's betting that the 175 final is between Ezzard Charles v Michael Spinks .....
No one who's been following the results so far.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl_Nose View Post
I can read this like a book !!
Like this?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
My2Sense is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:00 AM   #37
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,627
vCash: 166
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

Axl I think you have hit the nail on the head...Ive never quite trusted fleaman, there was always something about the way he posted that was hinting at something more sinister.

Blind Roy Jones hate was it...I cant believe Ive never seen it before.

In fact this whole Classic Forum seems to have a bias against Roy..I think it was set up just to rubbish him and for that reason only. All the non-Roy Jones threads are just a facade, a cover..for what really is going on here. I bet all the regular posters just PM each other spewing Roy hate.

In fact...this may seem crazy...but I wouldnt be surprised if the Internet was invented solely for the purpose of anti-Roy Jones rhetoric. What is with this world?
Obama is president but Roy cant get a break in a internet boxing forum's fantasy tournament. Thanks for opening my eyes brother.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:50 AM   #38
GDG
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

It's Jonesgate!!!

I have just received an anonymous tip from one of my sources that Fleaman and GPater have indeed been discussing the best way to tarnish RJJ's reputation in a series of secret phone calls.

It is also thought that they have rigged the draw so Antonio Tarver can win the tournament and they can pick up a huge payday from the bookies.

You can't pull the wool over AXL_NOSE eyes guys.
GDG is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:07 AM   #39
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,875
vCash: 75
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

Yeah, because I've never stated how Jones was the fighter who got me into boxing, and I'm not one of the few people that stand up for his chin.

Axl_Nose, you are a cunt

Foster is also out already, man what a spastic.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:35 AM   #40
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,875
vCash: 75
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Axl I think you have hit the nail on the head...Ive never quite trusted fleaman, there was always something about the way he posted that was hinting at something more sinister.

Blind Roy Jones hate was it...I cant believe Ive never seen it before.

In fact this whole Classic Forum seems to have a bias against Roy..I think it was set up just to rubbish him and for that reason only. All the non-Roy Jones threads are just a facade, a cover..for what really is going on here. I bet all the regular posters just PM each other spewing Roy hate.

In fact...this may seem crazy...but I wouldnt be surprised if the Internet was invented solely for the purpose of anti-Roy Jones rhetoric. What is with this world?
Obama is president but Roy cant get a break in a internet boxing forum's fantasy tournament. Thanks for opening my eyes brother.

Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #41
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #42
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #43
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,875
vCash: 75
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

AxlNose is a ****in spastic
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #44
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

I have seen the light! Don't think the Spinks elimination covered your ass Fleaman, we all know you orchastrated that just to spite the forum guru Axl_Nosetradamus. Nobody pulls the woll over the Nose of an Axl.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #45
Tony_Jones
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 46
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 175 lb 2nd Round-Ezzard Charles vs Roy Jones Jr

RJJ all the way. Speed kills and marry that with Roys unorthodox style and KO power in both hands and i think he takes this easier than some would think.
Tony_Jones is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013