Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #61
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Re: Clay vs Cooper 1963 - The between rds contraversy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Morales has had more exciting war type fights no doubt but I thought it was interesting to see these 2 perform in such a technical way after the explosive nature of their 1st fight... it really showed just how good & complete these 2 were in their primes, the clear-cut top 2 in the division.
My friends expected a re-run of fight 1 but I kept telling them Im 99% certain it wont be near as good, I had a feeling that both would be reluctant to put themselves thru that again & it would only happen if 1 had the nerve to attack outright, obviously the other would respond.

Ps. a draw ? Really ?

Absolutely. I think it was closer than the third fight, which you scored a draw. The third fight was a classic too, and I just posted a thread about it on the General accompanied with a short and sweet highlight I made of it. Go check it out. You'll appreciate it, I think.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #62
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum View Post
Sticking his finger into the tear of his guy's glove to aggravate it more seems perfectly efficient to me.
Right before he put a nail into the glove and put blood-thinning medicine in Cooper's water, no doubt.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #63
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
Right before he put a nail into the glove and put blood-thinning medicine in Cooper's water, no doubt.
Dundee switched Cooper's bottle ,substituted it with Warfarin, the anti -coagulant rat poison.Cooper said he got through 3 lbs of cheese when he got home.
mcvey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #64
djanders
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I just timed it again. I got 70 seconds between rounds.
djanders is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #65
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Absolutely. I think it was closer than the third fight, which you scored a draw. The third fight was a classic too, and I just posted a thread about it on the General accompanied with a short and sweet highlight I made of it. Go check it out. You'll appreciate it, I think.
I thought their fights got easier to score as they went along, the only rds I had difficulty in scoring in fight 3 were rds 3 & 4, I gave Marco rd 3 & Erik rd 4.

I`ll go look for your highlight vid on the general now
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #66
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
I thought their fights got easier to score as they went along, the only rds I had difficulty in scoring in fight 3 were rds 3 & 4, I gave Marco rd 3 & Erik rd 4.

I`ll go look for your highlight vid on the general now

I have no problems with anyone giving either fighter the nod in their first two fights. It is somewhat exaggerated to the one-sidedness of both of them in my view.

Barrera didn't clearly win anything in their first battle, Morales won a lot of rounds purely on work rate. The cleaner shots were indeed landed by Marco though, and by Morales own admission, he was buzzed on several occasions. You may had disdain for Marco, but even you have to say that he put in an extraordinary performance considering the odds.

Many people seem to disagree with the ninth round. I thought Barrera deserved the nod because he hurt Morales on three separate occasions in that round. His unbelievable three punch combination at the end of the bell sealed it for me. I don't strongly disagree with anyone who gave it to Morales for his work rate though. After the initial two flurries from Marco, Morales controlled most of the round. My favorite round of the fight behind the 5th.

Morales didn't put on a master boxing clinic in the second fight like some deluded fans will have us believe. The fight wasn't very exciting, both fighters were cautious, and you could argue that Morales landed more clean shots. However, if the fight was as one sided as you think it is, why did Morales look like he had been hit in the face by Mike Tyson at the end of the fight? Why do the majority of fans only have a 1-2 point difference? It was a close fight. Give me your scorecard and I'll re-watch it and re-score it tomorrow.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #67
MrMarvel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Dundee likes a good story.
MrMarvel is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum