Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #16
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Re: Describe Marco Antonio Barrera in one word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY BLANCO View Post
Stop being a bitch, Barrera talent is nowhere near Norris'.
Who has the better resume and accomplished more?
Addie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #17
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1147

Badass
Leonard is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #18
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Who has the better resume and accomplished more?
I never said he was more accomplished. I said more talented.

You suck up to Latin fighters way too much. But I'll leave this thread alone, just so you won't go snitching to the mods.
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #19
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
I never said he was more accomplished. I said more talented.

You suck up to Latin fighters way too much. But I'll leave this thread alone, just so you won't go snitching to the mods.

It isn't an agenda of mine. I just feel strangely attached to Mexican fighters, perhaps because of their attitude and fighting spirit.

You're the one coming on here impersonating a Pacquiao fanatic. It's retarded, go and watch Jackson vs Norris or something. It won't take up to much of your time.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #20
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

Quote:

It isn't an agenda of mine. I just feel strangely attached to Mexican fighters, perhaps because of their attitude and fighting spirit.

You're the one coming on here impersonating a Pacquiao fanatic. It's retarded, go and watch Jackson vs Norris or something. It won't take up to much of your time.
Nah I rather watch Barrera getting beat by feather fisted Junior Jones.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #21
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Benny if anyone has an agenda its you..You coming into this thread rubbishing Barrera, call Hoya a maricon in another one and then you say the other day that Chavez and Castillo are pretty much the same fighter And not to put Castillo on Chavez's level, to bring Chavez down to Castillo's level in that Mayweather-Chavez thread.

Sounds like someone had a bad taco when they were younger.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #22
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Nah I rather watch Barrera getting beat by feather fisted Junior Jones.
I'm not surprised. It's a lot more competitive than Jackson vs Norris. Barrera accomplished more than Terry Norris, beat better quality opposition, and even enjoyed a longer period of time at elite level. What the hell is your point? Terry was more talented? Because he had faster hands, don't make him more talented. The guy couldn't take a good punch when he needed too, and being stopped by Junior Jones is more credible than being sparked by Simon '****in' Brown. You probably put a lot of stock in his victory over Leonard, too.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #23
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

vCash: 418

essexboy is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #24
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
I'm not surprised. It's a lot more competitive than Jackson vs Norris. Barrera accomplished more than Terry Norris, beat better quality opposition, and even enjoyed a longer period of time at elite level. What the hell is your point? Terry was more talented? Because he had faster hands, don't make him more talented. The guy couldn't take a good punch when he needed too, and being stopped by Junior Jones is more credible than being sparked by Simon '****in' Brown. You probably put a lot of stock in his victory over Leonard, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by es***boy View Post

It's hardly as competitive as that, Es***boy. He posts a picture of Barrera suffering a knockdown at the hands of one of the greatest fighters of the last 25 years. Whilst Boxing fans have already forgotten about Simon Brown, Norris is probably still having sleepless nights.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #25
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

Quote:
Simon ****in Brown is better than Junior Jones. Terry did everything better than Barrera. Fact.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #26
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

vCash: 418

Quote:
It's hardly as competitive as that, Es***boy. He posts a picture of Barrera suffering a knockdown at the hands of one of the greatest fighters of the last 25 years. Whilst Boxing fans have already forgotten about Simon Brown, Norris is probably still having sleepless nights.
I am on your side. His coming in here and abusing Barrera, one of my faves was unfair and unwarranted. Pacquiao, a great fighter beat a fading great, nothing wrong with that its the way boxing goes. Its so petty though.
essexboy is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #27
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Simon ****in Brown is better than Junior Jones. Terry did everything better than Barrera. Fact.
Absolutely. Terry Norris displayed better punch resistance than Barrera in suffering devastating knockout defeats at the hands of Julian Jackson and Simon Brown. Barrera, although many people don't like to acknowledge it, was only ever stopped on his feet. His corner men intervened in the first Jones fight, getting Marco disqualified, and Pacquiao, who recently sparked out Junior Welterweight Ricky Hatton with one shot, couldn't keep the Mexican down. We all know the controversy surrounding the Khan circus.

Who worked more effectively to the midsection, and who had the stronger offensive arsenal? It sure as hell wasn't Terry Norris, who feasted on shopworn fighters, and wouldn't just get beaten by fighters, he got knocked the **** out. I don't like rubbishing athletes full stop, they all deserve respect, but people like you make it pretty damn hard not to retaliate.

Marco Antonio Barrera will go down as the better fighter of the two, and that's all that matters. Everything else is speculation and opinion.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #28
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

How did this become a barrera-Norris comparison thread? Anyways...one word to describe barrera?...Excellence
JMP is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #29
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by es***boy View Post
I am on your side. His coming in here and abusing Barrera, one of my faves was unfair and unwarranted. Pacquiao, a great fighter beat a fading great, nothing wrong with that its the way boxing goes. Its so petty though.

Absolutely.

I think he believes I'm all about the Mexican fighters. It's not true. Andy Lee is one of my favorite active prospects, and I'm not even Mexican - I'm British. I've lost count how many times I've been accused of being of Mexican heritage. It's amusing. I appreciate Barrera because he was a terrific fighter who paid his dues over a 20 year career. Has nothing to do with his nationality. If he is indeed one of your favorites, you have good taste my friend.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #30
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
How did this become a barrera-Norris comparison thread? Anyways...one word to describe barrera?...Excellence
Look back through the thread. There's always one.
Addie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum