Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #31
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Describe Marco Antonio Barrera in one word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Look back through the thread. There's always one.
Benny needs to chill. I never like it when people bash a fighter in these kind of threads, especially a great champ like MAB.
JMP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #32
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
Benny needs to chill. I never like it when people bash a fighter in these kind of threads, especially a great champ like MAB.
I just wish we had seen Marco up against the man in your avatar at Featherweight during the early 2000's. What a match-up.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #33
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

vCash: 418

Quote:
Absolutely.

I think he believes I'm all about the Mexican fighters. It's not true. Andy Lee is one of my favorite active prospects, and I'm not even Mexican - I'm British. I've lost count how many times I've been accused of being of Mexican heritage. It's amusing. I appreciate Barrera because he was a terrific fighter who paid his dues over a 20 year career. Has nothing to do with his nationality. If he is indeed one of your favorites, you have good taste my friend.
Im a big fan of him and Morales, although I probably prefer Barrera a touch more. His win over Nas made a big impression as I worshipped Nas as a kid. Morales' defeat of Pacquiao was incredible as well though. We need more fighters like these, boxing isnt the same without them.
essexboy is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #34
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

Quote:
Terry Norris displayed better punch resistance than Barrera in suffering devastating knockout defeats at the hands of Julian Jackson and Simon Brown.
Nothing wrong with getting kayoed by Jackson, he would also KO Barrera in a pound for pound sense. Terry avenged the Brown loss and won it rather easily. Barrera lost both his rematches to Junior "Feather Fisted" Jones and Pacquiao in a fight that saw him running.

Quote:
Barrera, although many people don't like to acknowledge it, was only ever stopped on his feet. His corner men intervened in the first Jones fight, getting Marco disqualified, and Pacquiao, who recently sparked out Junior Welterweight Ricky Hatton with one shot, couldn't keep the Mexican down. We all know the controversy surrounding the Khan circus.
Stop being a crybaby. Stop trying to big up Pac win over Hatton, a win you always discredit but now is bigging up for the sake of agenda.

Quote:
Who worked more effectively to the midsection, and who had the stronger offensive arsenal? It sure as hell wasn't Terry Norris, who feasted on shopworn fighters, and wouldn't just get beaten by fighters, he got knocked the **** out. I don't like rubbishing athletes full stop, they all deserve respect, but people like you make it pretty damn hard not to retaliate.
Terry is a much better offensive fighter than Barrera. Terry did it all in style, if you want to see his work to the midsection watch his fight with Vince Pettaway.

And Terry fought who was available to him, his era of the junior middleweight division was not deep. I bet you give Finito Lopez a pass on his opposition but wont give Terry the same pass when both fighters were in the same predicament.
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:34 PM   #35
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Chavezesque
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #36
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Benny Blanco is a twat BUT these 'one word' threads are retarded
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #37
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I just wish we had seen Marco up against the man in your avatar at Featherweight during the early 2000's. What a match-up.
I feel a younger Barrera would have edged out Marquez over 12.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #38
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Nothing wrong with getting kayoed by Jackson, he would also KO Barrera in a pound for pound sense. Terry avenged the Brown loss and won it rather easily. Barrera lost both his rematches to Junior "Feather Fisted" Jones and Pacquiao in a fight that saw him running.

Although we could spend all day listing the achievements of Manny Pacquiao, and not so much Simon Brown, why are the rematches relevant to the point. I said quite clearly that Barrera demonstrated better punch resistance than Terry Norris throughout a 20 year career. This was in response to your, "Terry Norris does everything better than Marco. Fact" comment. Concede defeat. Some even consider Terry a glass jawed joke, like Rico Spadafora.

Quote:
Stop being a crybaby. Stop trying to big up Pac win over Hatton, a win you always discredit but now is bigging up for the sake of agenda.

Don't talk shit. I've never discredited that victory not once. You have your opportunity to go and try and prove me wrong by looking through old posts, but I guarantee you, and the Pactards will back me up, I've always maintained that the Hatton victory was awesome. Pacquiao demonstrated one punch knockout power against a much bigger 140lbs fighter, whereas he couldn't knock Barrera out cold. That was to emphasize the disparity in both Barrera's and Norris' ability to take a shot.

Quote:
Terry is a much better offensive fighter than Barrera. Terry did it all in style, if you want to see his work to the midsection watch his fight with Vince Pettaway.

Give me a break. Barrera demonstrated a ferocious body attack on a consistent basis, and against some of the best Featherweights of his era. He brutalized Morales midsection in their first fight with left hooks to the body, which would often be in the form of a 3-4 punch combination. Paulie Ayala had never been stopped until he felt the power of Marco's body attack, and the fight was mercifully waved off late into the bout. There are countless examples of Barrera's superior body work.

Quote:
And Terry fought who was available to him, his era of the junior middleweight division was not deep. I bet you give Finito Lopez a pass on his opposition but wont give Terry the same pass when both fighters were in the same predicament.
You assume we all have an agenda like yourself, and that is your huge flaw. Ricardo Lopez shouldn't even be considered as high as Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, or Juan Manuel Marquez as far as I'm concerned. He retired undefeated, and he dominated the Minimum-weight class, but why didn't he move up and fight Michael Carbajal and Humberto Gonzalez. As it turns out, Ricardo dominated Boxing's wasteland, and it cost him as far as I'm concerned.

Let's get this right, Blanco. You're the one who came onto a Barrera thread and started poking fun at him by posting pictures of him suffering a knockdown to the best fighter in the world today. Why do it for? Especially when your favorite fighter is horribly flawed himself, and didn't achieve half of what Barrera did in three separate weight divisions over a career that spanned two decades. The joke is on you, my friend.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #39
Chris Warren
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Taco
Chris Warren is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #40
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Tecate

(con caracter)
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #41
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1887

Well, versatile was taken so I'll say 'adaptable.'

Brilliant little fighter.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #42
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

Not sure if it's been said already.

Unpredictable.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #43
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

shot
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #44
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Accurate
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #45
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Accurate
I'm very proud of you Bill. I expected "bitch" or "coward". Marco was indeed accurate, especially in the third fight which I've rewatched a few times lately. Erik got worked over something awful in the 6th.
Addie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum