Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-18-2007, 04:18 PM   #16
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: OK, what's going on??

Which fighters are you currently involved with?
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #17
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

hey ice aren't you partners with ross enamait or something like that? your the boxing coach and he is the conditioning coach?
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 09:21 PM   #18
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceJohnScully
Hey, well, first of all Iwouldlove to know how to put pictures in the text box like you did witrh my fight with Nunn?????

Chad...Chad is an extremely talented guy. He is a guy like a lot of other fighters who you would have to see him in the gym to really appreciate what he can do. I have seen him roll off punches in the gym, man, some really incredible combinations. Henry Maske was a different kind of guy......stronger and more disciplined and composed than Chad is. But Chad is much looser and more physically gifted than Henry. Two differernt kinds of guys...Ithink Henry understood boxing and technique better than Chad does...while Chad can do things so effortlessly that sometimes it doesnt matter if he knows exactly why he is even doing them.You know?

ICE
I know what you mean.

Cheers for the reply.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 12:55 AM   #19
IceJohnScully
Contender
ESB Senior Member

YOUR QUESTIONS...MY ANSWERS...

hey ice aren't you partners with ross enamait or something like that? your the boxing coach and he is the conditioning coach?

Ross is a good friend of mine... he does some work with my fighters here and there. Right now he is mainly working with Godfrey and Cardona

Which fighters are you currently involved with?

NABF cruiser champ Matt Godfrey, former NABF/USBA lightweight champ Israel Pito Cardona, USBA 122 champ Mike-Mike Oliver and former WBA 154 champ Jose Rivera. I also help in the corner with WBC Youth 130 champ Matt Remmilard. I have amateurs, too.

Ice, What is Lawrence Clay-Bey doing these days? Talented guy who never seemed to get in good enough shape to be a serious contender.

Lawrence is still working full time as a C.O. His main problems with conditioning probably came from, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, the fact that he worked too hard sometimes in and out of the gym. Dont go by body appearances, everybody doesnt have the make up to look Adonis-like. Clay trained too hard sometiems, running two times a day (5 miles at a clip) and I used to have to try and get him to stop doing too much. He also worked as a C.O., often training for fights and having to skip workouts due to the fact that he would often get held over (he worked the midnight shift) and be forced to do doubles unannounced whenever they said he had to.

Since you seem to know so much about Chad. Do you think that his "lack" of discipline will be his downfall eventually? Or is it just a talented youth thing, that will improve once he grows wiser?

When I trained Chad he definitely did everything I asked of him and was a pleasure towork with. When I say Maske was more discimplined I meant in an actual fight Maske held to his plan 100 percent and would not stray. Maske was the type who would have a guy hurt but would not go for a KO because he was committed to staying behind his jab and using his height, reach and patience to break you down on points. Chad could be lured easier into a slugfest by certain guys I think.

Whom do you consider to be Dawsons biggest threat (besides himself, if that is)

I haven't really watched the 175 pounders too much. But I think Tarver is being writen off a bit prematurely right now. When motivated I think Antonio could still be a real handfull

Ice from a skill standpoint who does Chad Dawson remind you of?

Chad on his best day has skills reminiscant of a younger Roy Jones. Probably more like a young Michael Nunn

Ice,
What are your picks on these upcoming fights?

Taylor v Pavlik PAVLICK
Pacquiao v Barrera MANNY
Maskaev v Peter PETER
Cotto vs Mosley MOSLEY
Calzaghe v Kessler CALZ
Mayweather v Hatton MAYWEATHER
Jones-Trinidad JONES

(NOTE: Be advised...I am TERRIBLE at picking fights!!

Hey John. Good to see you here. Too bad about Willie....RIP. Have you talked to Marlon Starling lately? What do you think of Chad Dawson....he's from New Haven, right? I always wondered if you were on this forum....I guess you are now.

I talk to Marlon here and there but at this time we are on somewhat rocky terms LOL (It's all in my book

IceJohnScully is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 03:51 AM   #20
rendog67
The firestarter
ESB Senior Member

Thanks that was great its always nice to hear how fighters are doing and you seem to be doing well.
rendog67 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 03:25 PM   #21
IceJohnScully
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT LOLOL

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 09-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #22
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hey Ice..good to finally see you on here. I remember about 6 months or so you were going to join and they didn't forward you password or something to that effect. Just for reference I've chatted with you throughout the years on AOL's boxing board and the occassional IM.

I recently read something on ESB regarding your relationship with Moore. Awesome article.

Glad to have you around.

BTW, how's the book coming along?
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #23
ELGALLO

Hey, my man. Yes, they never sent me a password... I tried again and here we are. The book...I have actually decided to break it up into three volumes... I am very excited about it... I think I have some very good and interesting content in it that all of you will really like. We'll see.

ICE
ELGALLO is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #24
IceJohnScully
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan
I recently read something on ESB regarding your relationship with Moore. Awesome article.

Glad to have you around.

BTW, how's the book coming along?
Thanks, yes. They did a good job on the story with Mister Moore and I. I have about 40 or more letters from him and I will include several excerpts from them in the book, too, kind of like how the writer did on ESB. I excpected to be done with the book by now but between the baby (almost 3 years old) and all the training and fights it has been tough to really nail it down. It is a much bigger and frustrating task than I originally figured it to be. I'll get it done,though.

ICE
Old 09-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #25
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

hey iceman i was wondering, how do you train your fighters, i mean i was interested in seeing a weekly routine of a pro fighter who fights for 10-12 rounds
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #26
IceJohnScully
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELGALLO
Hey, my man. Yes, they never sent me a password... I tried again and here we are. The book...I have actually decided to break it up into three volumes... I am very excited about it... I think I have some very good and interesting content in it that all of you will really like. We'll see.

ICE

uh.... LOL ?? (I think) I couldn't have said it better myself. Now for the real scoop....As as has been reported online a few times recently (obviously LOL), I will break the book up into two or three sections (I have to wait and see, it could even be 4 if I really wanted to) and release them one by one and then, eventually, all three together in a reduced rate package. I will know soon enough

ICE
Old 09-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #27
IceJohnScully
Contender
ESB Senior Member

RELENTLESS, I will get back to u later on that when I have more time
Old 09-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #28
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Hello ICE. One of my favorite fights of recent was when Rivera beat up Garcia for the title. Congratulations on everything and welcome.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #29
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3930

Hi John/ICE

Quick shout out from the Canadian contingent on this site. I seem to recall hearing that you were affiliated with Russ Anber at one point. Is that correct, and, if so, was that when you were fighting, or, as a trainer?

Enjoy your stay with ESB.

Last edited by Brighton bomber; 06-28-2006 at 06:49 AM.
Drew101 is online now  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #30
IceJohnScully
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101
Hi John/ICE

Quick shout out from the Canadian contingent on this site. I seem to recall hearing that you were affiliated with Russ Anber at one point. Is that correct, and, if so, was that when you were fighting, or, as a trainer?

Enjoy your stay with ESB.
Yes, Rivera-Terra Garcia was one of my favorite fights , too! And, yes, Russ and I are close friends for years... we met in 1988 when I fought his main fighter at the time, Otis Grant, in Montreal. Then Otis and Howard turned pro later in the year and fought on cards down here in Hartford...theni went to Montreal and England many times to spar with Otis...Otis and Hercules came here to train, too. Russ also worked with me for my last fight, a win on Toronto. Then when I became a trainer he helped me in corners with people like Chad Dawson, Scott Pemberton, Mike Oliver and Lawrence Clay-Bey.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum