Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-03-2009, 06:21 AM   #16
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563
Default Re: calzaghe vs qawi

How is Qawi going to wear down Calzaghe when it took him 10 rounds to wear down Mathew Saad Muhammad?

You guys make him sound like some kind of fighter that muderers people in the ring, when in actual fact he is like a plodding more powerful version of Sakio Bika. Sure you don't won't to meet him head on.

But Calzaghe could take every round if he had the sense to go on the back foot and counter from the start. maybw Qawi could steal a round with a flash knockdown, I don't know.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2009, 06:26 AM   #17
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe View Post
How is Qawi going to wear down Calzaghe when it took him 10 rounds to wear down Mathew Saad Muhammad?

You guys make him sound like some kind of fighter that muderers people in the ring, when in actual fact he is like a plodding more powerful version of Sakio Bika. Sure you don't won't to meet him head on.

But Calzaghe could take every round if he had the sense to go on the back foot and counter from the start. maybw Qawi could steal a round with a flash knockdown, I don't know.

WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2009, 06:32 AM   #18
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

you had me in stitches at 'plodding saiko bika'
Shake is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #19
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I think Clazaghe is little under rated in this forum. Still I'd pick Quai here. Quai is too strong, too durable, and has the type of style to spoil Clazaghe's tactics.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #20
OBCboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Qawi by late stoppage.
OBCboxer is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #21
JIm Broughton
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I see only 2 outcomes. Either Joe can outhustle and outspeed Qawi to a decision or Dwight grinds him down to a late round stoppage.
JIm Broughton is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 03:36 AM   #22
Brit Sillynanny
Cold Hard Truth
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

I think prime Joe gets a decision over prime Sven Ottke at 168.

The rest is ridiculous.

Let's see Joe fought one 43 year old at LHW - winning a split decision - who only fought one fight (forget Mitchell) against a 38 year old past peak weight troubled Tarver at that weight. This was the long reigning middleweight champ. Joe looked like an amateur for most of this bout and got dropped in the first round winning narrowly as the old man gassed as he had taken the fight a bit too lightly.

Joe also fought one 40 year old at LHW - winning a decision - who had been knocked cold by two 36 year olds in his prior fights (and had only met a couple nobodies and a past peak ex-welterweight champ since then). The far, far past peak 40 year old was substantively affected by a cut that his corner botched. That 40 year old still dropped Joe hard in the first round.

Then Joe retired without fighting any legitimate LHWs who were without a pension.

Gee, now who exactly has Braxton/Qawi fought?
Brit Sillynanny is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #23
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Sillynanny View Post
I think prime Joe gets a decision over prime Sven Ottke at 168.

The rest is ridiculous.

Let's see Joe fought one 43 year old at LHW - winning a split decision - who only fought one fight (forget Mitchell) against a 38 year old past peak weight troubled Tarver at that weight. This was the long reigning middleweight champ. Joe looked like an amateur for most of this bout and got dropped in the first round winning narrowly as the old man gassed as he had taken the fight a bit too lightly.

Joe also fought one 40 year old at LHW - winning a decision - who had been knocked cold by two 36 year olds in his prior fights (and had only met a couple nobodies and a past peak ex-welterweight champ since then). The far, far past peak 40 year old was substantively affected by a cut that his corner botched. That 40 year old still dropped Joe hard in the first round.

Then Joe retired without fighting any legitimate LHWs who were without a pension.

Gee, now who exactly has Braxton/Qawi fought?

I think you want the general forum mate.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #24
Brit Sillynanny
Cold Hard Truth
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris View Post
I think you want the general forum mate.
Clownshoes, you've never known your head from your ass so directions are hardly your thing. Stick to ugly faces and leave athletics to others.
Brit Sillynanny is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #25
headhunter
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It all depends on Joes chin.If it goes the distance (12) I see Joe winning.
headhunter is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #26
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

Guys, Qwai would bust him into pieces. Joe had nothing to keep him off. It would be ulgy.
he grant is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #27
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe View Post

OK ONE THING YOU SAID IS VERY CLEAR!! YOU ARE RIGHT YOU DONT KNOW! You stated that "How is qawi going to wear down Calzage when it took him 10 rounds to wear down Saad" Have you bumped your head? While Joe Has better movement and much better defensevily,no way in hell is he as tough as Saad, if joe stood right in front of Qawi he wouldnt last 4 rounds. ... Isee this as being a pretty close fight going into the mid to late rounds with QAwi scoring a late knockout, Joe would have a chance to eke it out in 12 with his movement,but in 15 id pick qawi Joes punches wouldnt even faze qawi,Calzage would get worn down by the much stronger Qawi. Do compare qawi with bika is absurd and it shows that you obviously do not know!
anarci is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #28
enquirer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think many are just looking overcritically at joes last two fights and underestimating the speed,skill,will to win,chin,intelligence and variety of syles that joe possessed. By some of the reasoning here hagler should have walked through leonards 'slaps and pit pats' and easily outpointed him.....
enquirer is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #29
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I think Calzaghe can turn Qawi and change up his approach to compete during the first five or six. But he does like a tear up and Qawi was adept at A) cutting off the ring B) dodging punches so Joe's flurries would be landing like, one out of six.

Qawi would break him down and win the last 7 fairly easily, regardless of Calzaghe's engine he was pretty old at 175 and was dropped heavily by a shot Roy Jones in the first (as well as B-Hop)

That is just bad form. Showing that he can get dropped early at Light Heavy means I have no qualms about picking Foster, Spinks, Saad, any big 175 puncher to get him ouit of there in the first.

Qawi wins on points, over 15 stops him, regardless of Joe's stamina.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #30
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
I think Calzaghe can turn Qawi and change up his approach to compete during the first five or six. But he does like a tear up and Qawi was adept at A) cutting off the ring B) dodging punches so Joe's flurries would be landing like, one out of six.
Thats exactly why i've had Joe down to be in serious shit against someone like Qawi, we've seen in in the past where Joe's been tagged & then tore back in slugger style & prevailed, but against a nightmare like Qawi he'd get himself shredded, Minter/Hagler comes to mind
duranimal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum