Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #61
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

vCash: 14503
Default Re: Iran Barkley vs Roberto Duran

you should post one gif of when Barkley lands a shot and Duran almost does a 360 turn,how he didnt went down ill never know.
bladerunner is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #62
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
you should post one gif of when Barkley lands a shot and Duran almost does a 360 turn,how he didnt went down ill never know.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What a shot, what a chin.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #63
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What a shot, what a chin.
Unbelievable.

Does this fight crack your top ten fights?
Old 10-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #64
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Unbelievable.

Easy. It cracks my top 5. It overtakes Carbajal vs Gonzalez by a hair.

1. Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales I
2. Alexis Arguello vs Aaron Pryor I
3. Diego Corrales vs Jose Luis Castillo I
4. Yaqui Lopez vs Saad Muhammad II
5. Roberto Duran vs Iran Barkley

It was a hell of a war. Some of the shots that landed would have took out lesser men, and it was all that more better because Duran was putting on a great performance despite his age, all the fights, and being up at Middleweight. One of my favorite fightes to watch period, I could watch it all day long and notice new things going on in there. I don't see a case for Barkley winning unlike most here though. He was made to miss all night, and countered. He also suffered the heavy knockdown. Duran won it fair and square.

116-112 seemed like a fair scorecard - that was the one I agreed with. Barkley was the aggressor a lot, and he was throwing shots, but a thrown shot isn't necessarily one landed.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #65
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Unbelievable.

Jeezus, what is there left to say about the "MAN" it's straight out of a Rocky Script, you took this too Hollywood & spun the tale about a man who imposed self inflicted humiliation on himself & laughed at as a washed up hasbeen by the ha ha he he brigade, who in his 30's then embarks on his own road to redemption by wiping out a young champion in Moore then fighting the great Hagler then gets KO'd by Hearns then bests the man who beat the man who KO'd YOU!!!! they'd laugh at you & say give us a script thats believable will yer!!!!

What an incredible role model for any man to use in his employ when life puts him to the test:

DURAN = LEGEND
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #66
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Jeezus, what is there left to say about the "MAN" it's straight out of a Rocky Script, you took this too Hollywood & spun the tale about a man who imposed self inflicted humiliation on himself & laughed at as a washed up hasbeen by the ha ha he he brigade, who in his 30's then embarks on his own road to redemption by wiping out a young champion in Moore then fighting the great Hagler then gets KO'd by Hearns then bests the man who beat the man who KO'd YOU!!!! they'd laugh at you & say give us a script thats believable will yer!!!!

What an incredible role model for any man to use in his employ when life puts him to the test:

DURAN = LEGEND
No doubt
Old 10-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #67
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:

DURAN = LEGEND
Absolutely. I never really could find myself liking the ****y Duran who would refuse to shake hands with Benitez, and who pushed Leonard at the end of their first fight. But the look in the eyes of Duran as the scorecards are being read out at the end of the Barkley fight is something different. He's really likable in this fight, just down to business, you want him to desperately get the verdict to see the smile on his face. A once great fighter was truly great again, if only for one night, one last time.

I'm starting to sound like a nuthugger, but you just have to appreciate the artistry.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #68
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

Quote:
Easy. It cracks my top 5. It overtakes Carbajal vs Gonzalez by a hair.

1. Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales I
2. Alexis Arguello vs Aaron Pryor I
3. Diego Corrales vs Jose Luis Castillo I
4. Yaqui Lopez vs Saad Muhammad II
5. Roberto Duran vs Iran Barkley

It was a hell of a war. Some of the shots that landed would have took out lesser men, and it was all that more better because Duran was putting on a great performance despite his age, all the fights, and being up at Middleweight. One of my favorite fightes to watch period, I could watch it all day long and notice new things going on in there. I don't see a case for Barkley winning unlike most here though. He was made to miss all night, and countered. He also suffered the heavy knockdown. Duran won it fair and square.

116-112 seemed like a fair scorecard - that was the one I agreed with. Barkley was the aggressor a lot, and he was throwing shots, but a thrown shot isn't necessarily one landed.
Good list.

Heres some fights you should check out if you havent seen them already:

Chacon-Edwards II
Chacon-Limon IV
Saad-Johnson I & II
Pryor-D.Johnson
Gomez-Pintor
Toney-Mcallum
Castro-Jackson
Holyfield-Dokes
R.Quiroga-Kid Akeem.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #69
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Absolutely. I never really could find myself liking the ****y Duran who would refuse to shake hands with Benitez, and who pushed Leonard at the end of their first fight. But the look in the eyes of Duran as the scorecards are being read out at the end of the Barkley fight is something different. He's really likable in this fight, just down to business, you want him to desperately get the verdict to see the smile on his face. A once great fighter was truly great again, if only for one night, one last time.

I'm starting to sound like a nuthugger, but you just have to appreciate the artistry.
He paid his due's the hard way, & there's a little bit of Duran in all of us, the good/bad & indifferent thats why he's so respected by the majority of fight fans, he wore his heart on his sleeve, **** all phoney about this bloke, i'd better start cutting some slack here as you're all a new generation seeing it through the eyes of today, where i'am from the day when the world was split into 2 camps Duran/Leonard THEM & US Blue collar/White collar, black & white, well for me it was anyway hence i come across as a bit of a headcase now & again.

**** all wrong in being a nutthuger, i prefer disciple myself & if anyone calls yer a nuthugger then there just weak wet wanks, you support yer local football team yeh! it's called loyalty, good times or bad, you got Barrera, who'll be well revered in years to come also, it's just all about getting a balance & being open minded
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #70
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
He paid his due's the hard way, & there's a little bit of Duran in all of us, the good/bad & indifferent thats why he's so respected by the majority of fight fans, he wore his heart on his sleeve, **** all phoney about this bloke, i'd better start cutting some slack here as you're all a new generation seeing it through the eyes of today, where i'am from the day when the world was split into 2 camps Duran/Leonard THEM & US Blue collar/White collar, black & white, well for me it was anyway hence i come across as a bit of a headcase now & again.

**** all wrong in being a nutthuger, i prefer disciple myself & if anyone calls yer a nuthugger then there just weak wet wanks, you support yer local football team yeh! it's called loyalty, good times or bad, you got Barrera, who'll be well revered in years to come also, it's just all about getting a balance & being open minded
You make some good points.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #71
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
You make some good points.
I have that magazine in your avatar.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #72
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Every post in this thread so far has a Duran avatar. Duran mania.

A rare occurence.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #73
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Every post in this thread so far has a Duran avatar. Duran mania.

A rare occurence.
What can I say, a light bulb came on after the 1st round of Barkley. Never knew Duran was such a good defensive fighter.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #74
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
What can I say, a light bulb came on after the 1st round of Barkley. Never knew Duran was such a good defensive fighter.
You should have at least had a hint that he was after being on here for as long as you have reading posts.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #75
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
You should have at least had a hint that he was after being on here for as long as you have reading posts.
I had a hint, but reading about it and seeing it are two completely different things. I was humbled by the whole performance, he just looked so slick in there. Barkley looked like a Light Heavyweight in the ring next to Duran, and he was often made to look like the one who was past his prime and almost shot.
Addie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum