boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #46
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: That Mayweather-Hatton press conference that just happened...

Hatton just didn't buy into Maywather's **** - good on him, he displayed calmness and let Mayweather make a fool of himself, and it was Mayweather who ended up looking like he was the frustrated one.

Of course, there will always be an element who think Mayweather 'punked' Hatton simply because he shouted mo' werdz than hatton did, but IMO, Hatton showed he has class, Mayweather, as usual, proved he has none.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #47
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dempsey
Loved Rickys 'Bunny ears' action behind Floyds head
aha! I was waiting for someone to say this Dontcha think its ironic Jack that everyone in here is complaining about Floyds 'childish' insults, but when Ricky pulls off what could be also called a 'childish' stunt by making fun of Mayweather behind his back, everyone thinks thats OK?

Just a thought

Oh & BTW whilst your here Jack, I was looking through some of my old posts earlier on & spotted that you got quite annoyed at me & thought I was angry with you when I called you 'sausage fingers' but i was just winding you up, my post wasnt meant to be derogatory. I just seen them slagging off your fingers in the picture thread & wound you up about it. But dont worry, I wasnt being nsty, especially as I drink beer myself & hardly have fingers like twiglets! Now you or anyone else will know when I am truly annoyed with you as you will probably see the words Bangers & mash munching english **** somewhere in my post

What am I like, eh?
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #48
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Ricky better get out his Bernard Manning joke book & get some lines rehe****d for their next
This line nearly made me consider laughing.

You are absolutely right about Hatton's humour. Perhaps he lowers himself to it for his fans though.

Last edited by Orishaman; 06-25-2006 at 12:54 PM.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #49
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
That just goes to prove the guy is a bully in every respect.

He really needs to get over himself - his antics the last couple of days have been embarrassing rather than intimidating.

I think he underestimates Hatton and hope his complacent attitude towards this fight is his undoing.
Exactly. The thing is, atheists may be in fox-holes around the world (everyone that I know who is in the army is at least agnostic or non-religious), but you can bet that there's no brave soldiers who are bullies. A bully by definition lacks the courage to take on fair conflicts; when Mayweather finds he's in the ring with a tough opponent and nowhere to hide, he'll face a real crisis of confidence.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 11:06 PM   #50
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
This line nearly made me consider laughing.

You are absolutely right about Hatton's humour. Perhaps he lowers himself to it for his fans though.
Thanks for that. Whats the deal with the bottom of your post btw? You took a trip back in time?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:41 PM   #51
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Quote:
Thanks for that. Whats the deal with the bottom of your post btw? You took a trip back in time?
I have been working on a time machine in actual fact. I have many debates I need to settle with the classic forum.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 03:45 AM   #52
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan
Exactly. The thing is, atheists may be in fox-holes around the world (everyone that I know who is in the army is at least agnostic or non-religious), but you can bet that there's no brave soldiers who are bullies. A bully by definition lacks the courage to take on fair conflicts; when Mayweather finds he's in the ring with a tough opponent and nowhere to hide, he'll face a real crisis of confidence.
good post
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 05:09 AM   #53
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
aha! I was waiting for someone to say this Dontcha think its ironic Jack that everyone in here is complaining about Floyds 'childish' insults, but when Ricky pulls off what could be also called a 'childish' stunt by making fun of Mayweather behind his back, everyone thinks thats OK?

Just a thought

Oh & BTW whilst your here Jack, I was looking through some of my old posts earlier on & spotted that you got quite annoyed at me & thought I was angry with you when I called you 'sausage fingers' but i was just winding you up, my post wasnt meant to be derogatory. I just seen them slagging off your fingers in the picture thread & wound you up about it. But dont worry, I wasnt being nsty, especially as I drink beer myself & hardly have fingers like twiglets! Now you or anyone else will know when I am truly annoyed with you as you will probably see the words Bangers & mash munching english **** somewhere in my post

What am I like, eh?
I don't think I've seen anybody on this forum use the word "childish" to describe Floyd's verbals. I think "****tish" would be a more appropriate description. This is precisely why he is so disliked by a large proportion of boxing fans, the fact that all he ever appears to do is talk sh*t about people, whether it's Hatton, Diego Corrales (RIP), Sugar Ray Leonard, Genaro Hernandez or whoever.

Hatton's sense of humour is classic Manc, he's into the banter and good-natured **** taking. But at heart, he is a nice man who will quite happily take his opponent out for a beer after (or in the case of Castillo before) he's finished beating the granny out of them! Mayweather, for all his talent, is a complete ***** with a chip on both shoulders. It's as though he feels the need to constantly big him up and slag others off to keep himself in the spotlight and mask his lack of popularity!
"TKO" is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 06:51 AM   #54
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standi
He would have done it so whykeep it a secret,the guy is the best

that's priceless. what next? floyd mayweather ud sweet pea?
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #55
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

i think pbf is genuinely ****ed at hatton and will beat that ass
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #56
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:

Just a thought

You say 'everyone' thinks its OK but only one person has even mentioned it.

Thats typical messed up ESB logic Dunky, thinking people who agree on one point must automatically agree on another and have to defend it.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 07:03 PM   #57
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:

Just a thought
Massive difference. Hatton came onto the stage in America and spoke for 5 minutes about PBF with the utmost respect. Made it clear that PBF was the best P4P fighter in the world, thanked him for the opportunity and did not say a single derogatory word.

During this speech, PBF butted in, spoke down towards Hatton and stood up near the end as if to hurry it on.

He then ridiculed Hatton and made a long list of lame insults.

Then for the photos he again started pathetic childish attempts at slurs like "You are a girl".

I actually could not believe I had just heard an adult man use "You are a girl" as an attack on another man.
Eventually as he posed and preened, Hatton did the bunny ear thing....hardly the same is it?
Strike is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #58
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Hatton just didn't buy into Maywather's **** - good on him, he displayed calmness and let Mayweather make a fool of himself, and it was Mayweather who ended up looking like he was the frustrated one.

Of course, there will always be an element who think Mayweather 'punked' Hatton simply because he shouted mo' werdz than hatton did, but IMO, Hatton showed he has class, Mayweather, as usual, proved he has none.
I agree.
Mayweather is simply not funny.
I also thought Hatton's burger king reference of his crown was lost on the US audience. They seemed more comfortable with Mayweather's 'Vicky Fatten' calls.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 10:06 PM   #59
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
You say 'everyone' thinks its OK but only one person has even mentioned it.

Thats typical messed up ESB logic Dunky, thinking people who agree on one point must automatically agree on another and have to defend it.
The fact of the matter is though Gaz, no-one said Rickys 'rabbit ears' was childish when it was mentioned, but everyone is having a go at Mayweather for almost everything he has said.

Look, Im not taking sides here Im just playing devils advocate. Honest
Old 09-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #60
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Massive difference. Hatton came onto the stage in America and spoke for 5 minutes about PBF with the utmost respect. Made it clear that PBF was the best P4P fighter in the world, thanked him for the opportunity and did not say a single derogatory word.

During this speech, PBF butted in, spoke down towards Hatton and stood up near the end as if to hurry it on.

He then ridiculed Hatton and made a long list of lame insults.

Then for the photos he again started pathetic childish attempts at slurs like "You are a girl".

I actually could not believe I had just heard an adult man use "You are a girl" as an attack on another man.
Eventually as he posed and preened, Hatton did the bunny ear thing....hardly the same is it?
This would be after of course Rickys opening gambit of a mock film taking the **** out of Mayweather for his forthcoming TV show, Dancing with the stars would it?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum