Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #61
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667
Default Re: That Mayweather-Hatton press conference that just happened...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
This would be after of course Rickys opening gambit of a mock film taking the piss out of Mayweather for his forthcoming TV show, Dancing with the stars would it?
If you cannot see the difference between piss taking and disrespecting the opponent, their ability and their achievements then there is nothing to say.
Strike is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #62
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
If you cannot see the difference between piss taking and disrespecting the opponent, their ability and their achievements then there is nothing to say.
six of one, & half a dozen of the other I would counter.

Trouble with you Hatton fans is, you are emotionally tied to this fight & are losing all sense of perspective. You all love Hatton so much, everything Floyd says or does feels like a personal attack, as Ricky feels like one of your family.

Im not slagging anyone off for it though, as I am the exact same when it comes to the scottish fighters! But it is fun though watching Floyd playing the gme to perfection, the man knows what hes doing. Put it this way, look at all the wailing & gnashing of teeth going on in Hatton nuthugger HQ, & the prettyboy hasnt even gathered a head of steam yet!

As your boy Ricky says, Floyds behaviour is only going to get worse the nearer the fight gets, so fasten your seatbelts
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #63
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

what's this.

dunky coming out with more crap again.

u tune in on december 9th dunky.

hatton will be coming for it alright.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 09:54 PM   #64
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Trouble with you Hatton fans is, you are emotionally tied to this fight & are losing all sense of perspective. You all love Hatton so much, everything Floyd says or does feels like a personal attack, as Ricky feels like one of your family.

Im not slagging anyone off for it though, as I am the exact same when it comes to the scottish fighters! But it is fun though watching Floyd playing the gme to perfection, the man knows what hes doing. Put it this way, look at all the wailing & gnashing of teeth going on in Hatton nuthugger HQ, & the prettyboy hasnt even gathered a head of steam yet!

As your boy Ricky says, Floyds behaviour is only going to get worse the nearer the fight gets, so fasten your seatbelts
ludicrous post tbh.

i'm under no illusions about this fight.

is it a difficult fight? yes.

does floyd like drawing a guys sting? yes.

will that leave hatton opportunities to get in and do work? yes.

i see a close fight win or lose for ricky.

i happen to think he outworks floyd by margins of 7-5 or 8-4.

nip and tuck fight i think.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #65
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_hatton1
ludicrous post tbh.

i'm under no illusions about this fight.

is it a difficult fight? yes.

does floyd like drawing a guys sting? yes.

will that leave hatton opportunities to get in and do work? yes.

i see a close fight win or lose for ricky.

i happen to think he outworks floyd by margins of 7-5 or 8-4.

nip and tuck fight i think.
Excuse me, but I was talking to Strike, & not you! When I am speaking to you, I will 'quote' one of your posts.

Butting in on a conversation is the height of ignorance BTW. Wait your turn, & I will get to you eventually. Didnt your mother teach you manners boy?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:28 PM   #66
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Excuse me, but I was talking to Strike, & not you! When I am speaking to you, I will 'quote' one of your posts.

Butting in on a conversation is the height of ignorance BTW. Wait your turn, & I will get to you eventually. Didnt your mother teach you manners boy?
everyone else has been slagging u off on this post.

why am i excluded ffs.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #67
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_hatton1
everyone else has been slagging u off on this post.

why am i excluded ffs.
Oh you nasty boy

Everyone slagging me off? In your dreams.

Do you know who I am? The last king of Scotland. Yeah thats right.

man, what is it with you Hatton nuthuggers, cant you take a bit of light hearted banter anymore??? is it that bad nowadays? look at my posts. I have never slagged off Hatton unreasonably, I was just offering an opinion about how I see these press conferences going.

No need to throw your toys out of the pram HH1.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:44 PM   #68
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Quote:
Oh you nasty boy

Everyone slagging me off? In your dreams.

Do you know who I am? The last king of Scotland. Yeah thats right.

man, what is it with you Hatton nuthuggers, cant you take a bit of light hearted banter anymore??? is it that bad nowadays? look at my posts. I have never slagged off Hatton unreasonably, I was just offering an opinion about how I see these press conferences going.

No need to throw your toys out of the pram HH1.
Morning Dunky.

People have been informing me Hatton did the rabbit ears, as a way of dismissing Floyd's behaviour, to undermine him if you will. To be honest, I doubt these were Hatton's intentions at all, he is incapable of something like that.

He simply thought the rabbit ears were amusing on their own merit. You have interpretted Hatton's immature humour perfectly.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 11:01 PM   #69
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
Morning Dunky.

People have been informing me Hatton did the rabbit ears, as a way of dismissing Floyd's behaviour, to undermine him if you will. To be honest, I doubt these were Hatton's intentions at all, he is incapable of something like that.

He simply thought the rabbit ears were amusing on their own merit. You have interpretted Hatton's immature humour perfectly.
Morning Joe. These people, they could be right, but they could be wrong! I also think Ricky 'rabbit eared' Floyd for the sake of getting a cheap laugh, with an old trick. Something gave Rickys lack of self confidence away though IMO, & here it is.

Ricky pleaded with his adoring fanbase to 'boo' Mayweather when he comes to England. That isnt the talk of a fighter who feels in control of a situation. Ricky is unsettled by Floyds charisma, & feels he needs his fans to lift him, & put some doubt into the 'prettyboys' big head at the same time. Ricky knows he cant match the prettyboys strength of character.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:20 PM   #70
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I'm Scottish and PBF comes across as a total a*sehole, was embarassed for him with his "you are a girl" insults etc.

I am a huge Hatton fan aswell, but i am keeping perspective, i think he will lose but stranger things have happened.
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2007, 11:41 PM   #71
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy_racer
I'm Scottish and PBF comes across as a total a*sehole, was embarassed for him with his "you are a girl" insults etc.

I am a huge Hatton fan aswell, but i am keeping perspective, i think he will lose but stranger things have happened.
why are you telling me you are scottish? You worried that I tarnish the name of all my fellow scots who like Hatton?

I have always admitted to everyone here & to myself too that Hatton is loved north & south of the border. even some of my closest scottish friends like Hatton. Im not living in denial you know, so no need to tell me how you are a fellow scot but disagree with me. However, your desire to 'put me in my place' has been noted...

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. & what is that? Im lost now too, as every Hatton fan has taken me to task for daring to say that Hatton isnt going to win this war of words

Im getting sick of newbies telling me 'how it is' so from now on, unless I know posters here, you will be ignored.

Sorry, but all these posters talking to me like I am a piece of shit when they have under 100 posts is just getting on my wick now.

To talk to me from now on, newbies have to prove themselves first as good posters.

Drastic times call for drastic measures.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #72
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Take it easy Dunky, you should still be celebrating Scotland's win over france.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 AM   #73
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
man, what is it with you Hatton nuthuggers, cant you take a bit of light hearted banter anymore???
This coming from someone who has spent this whole thread having a go at Hatton for his bit of "light hearted banter".

There is a big difference between a bit of light hearted piss taking ala Hatton and being a complete twat and making a fool of yourself ala Mayweather. Anyway, moot point, the Hitman is not going to bother himself about Mayweather's cunt act, he's used to it by now.
"TKO" is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:30 AM   #74
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy_racer

Ditto to all that, echoed my own thoughts perfectly!!
"TKO" is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 04:37 AM   #75
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Morning Joe. These people, they could be right, but they could be wrong! I also think Ricky 'rabbit eared' Floyd for the sake of getting a cheap laugh, with an old trick. Something gave Rickys lack of self confidence away though IMO, & here it is.

Ricky pleaded with his adoring fanbase to 'boo' Mayweather when he comes to England. That isnt the talk of a fighter who feels in control of a situation. Ricky is unsettled by Floyds charisma, & feels he needs his fans to lift him, & put some doubt into the 'prettyboys' big head at the same time. Ricky knows he cant match the prettyboys strength of character.
Jesus the slants some people can put on things when the twist suits their own bias The Hitman didn't need to take this fight. PBF was in a different weight classed and "retired". Surely if he didn't feel confident, he'd have stayed at 140 rather than giving up weight and home advantage to fight the p4p #1 in America.

As for charisma, that is not a word I would use to describe PBF's bollocks. Simply shouting and ranting at the top of your voice does not constitute charisma. To be charismatic, you have to have some element of mass appeal, the ability to appeal to your audiences. As per most of the comments on this thread, a large proportion of the audience simply thinks Mayweather is a tit!
"TKO" is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum