Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #46
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Why is Hopkins the ring champ at light-heavy and not Erdei?

Bernard fought for the Ring Mag LHWT Champ for the same reasons that have taken Jeff Ryan, Ivan Goldman, William Dettloff and others there to write off JT from the P4P Top 10 List recently and to question the verdict that had the MW Title won for JT even as B-Hop only won rounds from the 8th round on ( with no knockdowns) back in 2004...
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #47
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

cause the ring is an american mag

fact is Hopkins vs Erdei would establish a real, dominant, champ
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #48
istmeno
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Perhaps my "intensity" on this issue clouds things for some, not necessarily you. Please keep in mind I view this as a boxing issue not a "Floyd" issue.

When you say they are stripped and then not "champions", I SAY BS!!!
If, say Wladimir Klitschko were "stripped" for intending to face Chagaev or the Ibragimov vs Holfield winner?? THAT WOULD BE BS!!!
The winner of that "unifying" event is still the Champion, **** the org that stripped him.

I think the Hopkins Ring Champ example is perfect. He beat the man, who beat the man. Erdei is lineal but that and $3 will get him coffee at Starbucks.

I respect you and many other fans on this site and after all we've(you and I especially) been through around these issues?? I think that the results of those debates have pretty much destroyed both Org BS and Lineal. I hope that the ESB rankings and members judge to the proper standard and have faith they will.

For those that cant get past my views of PBF? I'll say it AGAIN, I dont have to like him to respect what he accomplishes in the ring. I seek the same standard for him as everyone else, FIGHT AND BEAT THE BEST!! Thats what the greatest of this sport have always DONE! Dont make excuses and hide behind shit, aint nothin 2 but to do it
do you realize that you contradict yourself in this post. on one hand you state that hopkins is the champion because he beat the man who beat the man. but you also say that a unifying champion being stripped is b.s., because the man who unified should still be considered the champion.

the man at lhw was virgil hill. d.m. got to him first therefore he was the champion. leading the lineage to erdei.

dm was stripped of the wba and ibf titles. so by your logic, how could roy be considered the man if he never beat the man. and before some of you get your panties in a bunch, it is not an issue of whetehr or not he was the best fighter in the division, rather should ring magazine have given roy the ring belt knowing that the lineal champion still held a title. and that at least one of the belts that roy held rightfully belonged to d.m.
istmeno is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #49
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
Good post, I agree that guys like Erdei and--to a far lesser extent--PBF, need to step up against the big threats in their respective divisions.
So you mean Hopkins is standing up to currently biggest names at LHW ... Tarver and Wright?
Next year probaly he will fight the super winner of Jones-Trinidad ....
....or give rematch to biggest LHW treat: Oscar DLH.
Stinky gloves is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum