Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik is going to EASILY beat Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
How do you know that?
He's talking pure rubbish, Taylor's mental strength is very suspect, Pavlik's never even shown an ounce of mental strength issue's.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 12:36 AM   #33
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Tougher mental strength?

Taylor falls apart under pressure and cannot buckle down at the right moments, how does he have tougher mental strength to Pavlik? Pavlik never relents from his game plan and it's hard to get Taylor to even keep one going.

My god Blockhead, you can't analyse shit.
Can't really fire back there, we'll find out if he completely falls apart under pressure since Pavlik will be totally affective with his pressure and power to back it. If Spinks/Ouma were able to back up Taylor with feather dusters then this will be dangerous. I'm still picking Taylor though despite all the negatives.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 12:39 AM   #34
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
Can't really fire back there, we'll find out if he completely falls apart under pressure since Pavlik will be totally affective with his pressure and power to back it. If Spinks/Ouma were able to back up Taylor with feather dusters then this will be dangerous. I'm still picking Taylor though despite all the negatives.
Yes, because you're a Taylor fan, not a 'Taylor apologist'. There is quite a difference and the Taylor apologists' heads are MINE come the end result.

This is an easy fight to pick and I am being impartial.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 12:41 AM   #35
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Yes, because you're a Taylor fan, not a 'Taylor apologist'. There is quite a difference and the Taylor apologists' heads are MINE come the end result.

This is an easy fight to pick and I am being impartial.
Stil have faith in JT to be honest, I'm sure he can put on a serious dangerous performance and prove that he took the last 2 fights lightly. If he loses because he fights the same way he did in his last two fights then forget any improvements.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 AM   #36
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Pavlik is so over-rated for his performance against Miranda.

I bring your attention to the fact that Miranda couldn't close out against a guy with a BROKEN FREAKING JAW and what's more, was being rocked and sat on his heals by Arthur Abraham during the fight despite Abraham having the broken jaw.

Pavlik is a sloppy puncher with a decent one two, he however does not have the same level of one two as Taylor, nor the head movement, nor the combination punching, nor the evolved defence, nor the wars to call on for experience.

I don't see this as being a close fight, whilst I think Pavlik has enough of a chin that he won't be KO'ed - it wouldn't surprise me.

Taylor's jab will be the dominating factor, combined with his tougher mental strength and experience where it counts - in championship level matches.
Sorry but this post is full of shit. You are dissing Miranda because he couldn't put away Abraham yet he broke the guys jaw and had him backing up constantly. Miranda wasn't just fighting Abraham he was fighting the German officials too. He also knocked Howard Eastman out (which Hopkins and his oh so high experience couldn't do), and steamrolled everyone else until he ran into Pavlik.

Pavlik is also not a sloppy 1-2 puncher. I don't think you've seen very much of the guy. He does show defensive responsibility where it matters. It just so happens that with a guy like Miranda you don't go defensive. That's what he wants.

Pavlik was trained in the Cus style. He doesn't bob and weave, but he does often keep his hands very high to deflect jabs. No doubt in my mind he will have his gloves high to deflect Taylor's jab. And Taylor's defense is not going to help him. The way he holds his left so low he's gonna be eating jabs all night.

Watch his fight with Ross Thompson on youtube. Thompson has a defensive style which is like James Toney. That is a style which is very hard to land on. What did Pavlik do? After the first round he got on his jab, and landed the jab with the right hand to the body. Sometimes adding the lead left hook to try and catch Thompson going into the bend. Which essentially is the best gameplan against that defensive style.

Then watch his fight with Miranda. It's a completely different approach. No jab, because he didn't want too much distance. And a majority of straight right hands (which is the best punch against a wide power puncher like Miranda).

The guy is well schooled, and he seemingly can adapt MUCH better than the champion can. Manny Stewart was yelling at Taylor in his recent fights to do something, anything that would work.

I'm not saying Taylor can't win. I'm just saying all this talk about Taylor being the better technician, having power, having chin, is all nonsense talk. He may win, but he's gonna have to rely on his big heart to pull it off. It won't be easy.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2007, 01:03 AM   #37
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

Quote:
Tougher mental strength?

Taylor falls apart under pressure and cannot buckle down at the right moments, how does he have tougher mental strength to Pavlik? Pavlik never relents from his game plan and it's hard to get Taylor to even keep one going.

My god Blockhead, you can't analyse shit.
Yeah a guy who is 27-0-1 falls apart under pressure. This hating has started to cloud your judgement.
lillarry is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum