Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
PACZ
Czarnina-Sippin []ing Fan
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Let Give Credit To Hatton For Crossing The Pond.

I know Floyd wouldn't cross the pond. He never has. Hatton has fought here how many times. More tickets would be sold there. Its funny that there will be more British fans than Floyd fans in Vegas that night. I can't wait until that tour goes to London! I got to see video of that.

For fightnight, turn your TV's if you can to the live option of you have it. It is one million times better! Watch Hatton's last fight with live surround sound. It brings all the background noice up front. You gotta love them Brits!
PACZ is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 497
Default Re: Let Give Credit To Hatton For Crossing The Pond.

Why should we? I mean Hatton wants to be the best he has to beat the best. Floyd Mayweather is the best hands down, Vegas is the only place for this fight. Don't get me wrong, I respect the "White Mexican" for taking this fight, but he going to get thrashed royally. Mayweather doesnt need Hatton.
jopez707 is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopez707
Why should we? I mean Hatton wants to be the best he has to beat the best. Floyd Mayweather is the best hands down, Vegas is the only place for this fight. Don't get me wrong, I respect the "White Mexican" for taking this fight, but he going to get thrashed royally. Mayweather doesnt need Hatton.
Yes he does, cause in true mayweather fashion he wasnt gonna fight the top guys in Welter he figures to fight the lesser of them by taking this fight, and maintaining his so called p4p status. Shane Mosley is a bigger name, so why not fight Shane?
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 09:19 PM   #4
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

the fight makes more money if its in England, Hatton deserves respect for stepping up . . . can you hear that Calzaghe???
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #5
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
the fight makes more money if its in England, Hatton deserves respect for stepping up . . . can you hear that Calzaghe???
They announced at the presser that this fight will have the third largest gate in boxing history, how exactly would it make more money in England?
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #6
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
They announced at the presser that this fight will have the third largest gate in boxing history, how exactly would it make more money in England?
probably in Vegas, but not in the largest in the world, first of, England sells out soccer stadium. Im sure if Hatton/ Mayweather was in England there would be 55000 plus people there to watch.
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 10:37 PM   #7
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose FM
probably in Vegas, but not in the largest in the world, first of, England sells out soccer stadium. Im sure if Hatton/ Mayweather was in England there would be 55000 plus people there to watch.
Let me restate that, it will be the third largest non heavyweight gate, anywhere. DLH/Mayweather was number 1. You can't just look at the overall numbers, you have to look at the average ticket price as well. Over 100,000 people showed up to see Chavez fight in Mexico, however plenty of other fights in front of much smaller crowds have generated a larger gate.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 PM   #8
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
Let me restate that, it will be the third largest non heavyweight gate, anywhere. DLH/Mayweather was number 1. You can't just look at the overall numbers, you have to look at the average ticket price as well. Over 100,000 people showed up to see Chavez fight in Mexico, however plenty of other fights in front of much smaller crowds have generated a larger gate.
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #9
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

This fight will easily make $600,000 minimum, $1Million is maximum in my opinion anything more would be shocking.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #10
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Yes he does, cause in true mayweather fashion he wasnt gonna fight the top guys in Welter he figures to fight the lesser of them by taking this fight, and maintaining his so called p4p status. Shane Mosley is a bigger name, so why not fight Shane?
Because Shane already turned him down to get his tooth fixed and go on vaction with his family that's why.
Pimp C is online now  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 11:24 PM   #11
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
Because Shane already turned him down to get his tooth fixed and go on vaction with his family that's why.
You still believe that? Wow...you are gullible.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #12
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
He said it on live TV what's not to believe?
Pimp C is online now  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 11:26 PM   #13
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member

Mayweather's still acting like a cunt. Hatton's a classy guy- this fight will be great! Can't wait.
Dantes is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 11:27 PM   #14
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Shane refused the first time he was called out because he wanted to spend some time with his family, he promised his family and was a man of his word as always. Doubt Shane fears PBF nor does PBF fear him, trust me the winner of PBF/Hatton fighting the winner of Cotto/Mosley will only make that fight WAY bigger than it already is. What's happening right now is the right choice, after this fight expect winners of both fights to meet up, even if PBF comes out victorious so starting another topic about "WHY PBF DIDN'T FIGHT MARGARITO/MOSLEY..etc" instead is completely worthless. If he was fighting Mosley then he picked the easier/older opponent and ducked the younger powerful and aggressive Hatton, if it's Hatton then.....you get the picture. I'm REALLY happy with what's coming next 2 dream fights for me happened(Mosley/Cotto and PBF/Hatton) so I'm going to sit down and enjoy them instead of starting IFs and Whats, after that fight is over if the victorious fighters refuse to meet then IFs and Whats are worth starting.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #15
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Shane said that clearly after his win over Vargas in the rematch, not like it's a shame to go out with the family but the man said it when asked by Merchant.
Scar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum