Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 11:15 PM   #16
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 31,494
vCash: 372
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO
Look at all of these people who want to see him LOSE! People are buying him a few new Ferraris with their hatred.
Indeed.
Ali attracted a lot with his "Asshole" attitude so did many others too that all bought tickets to see specific fighters get beat. This style sells, PBF knows it and is mastering it.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 AM   #17
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,125
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
Indeed.
Ali attracted a lot with his "Asshole" attitude so did many others too that all bought tickets to see specific fighters get beat. This style sells, PBF knows it and is mastering it.
So what you mean is that PBF is actually a nice guy in real life?
hmi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:13 AM   #18
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

Breaking news.... Floyd is what you see, inside and outside the ring!!!




Ok, i'm just specualting to some extent, yet there's ebough evidence to suggest that he is quite the asshole he appears to be. I'll reference his countless interviews and even his family's statements(especially Uncle jeff) about Floyd.

His heads too big for his own good and someone really needs to DEFLATE THAT SHIT!!!!

Once and if that happens?? My prognosis for Floyd becoming likeable greatly increases. As of right now?? He is the spoiled, over privileged, over publicized individual he appears to be

Whether he's ever likeable or not?? If he beats the best in the ring?? That will be a respect that NO ONE CAN TAKE AWAY FROM HIM!!!!


Just realize the "best" starts with Hatton and doesnt end there
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:51 AM   #19
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

[quote=C Money]Breaking news.... Floyd is what you see, inside and outside the ring!!!




Ok, i'm just specualting to some extent, yet there's ebough evidence to suggest that he is quite the asshole he appears to be. I'll reference his countless interviews and even his family's statements(especially Uncle jeff) about Floyd.

His heads too big for his own good and someone really needs to DEFLATE THAT SHIT!!!!

Once and if that happens?? My prognosis for Floyd becoming likeable greatly increases. As of right now?? He is the spoiled, over privileged, over publicized individual he appears to be

Whether he's ever likeable or not?? If he beats the best in the ring?? That will be a respect that NO ONE CAN TAKE AWAY FROM HIM!!!!



I have never heard anyone say Floyd was an asshole. He is very approachable and social with regular folk. From what I hear, he does have ego but he is as regular as they come.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 AM   #20
KhanB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: By a casino
Posts: 418
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

I thinks its not so much liking Floyd but the arguments some of his haters are too stupid sometimes. Supposedly, he's ducked Spadafora, Hatton, Baldomir, Margarito and currently its Mosley and Cotto. I think his haters are more delusional than his fans on the average.
KhanB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:01 AM   #21
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanB
I thinks its not so much liking Floyd but the arguments some of his haters are too stupid sometimes. Supposedly, he's ducked Spadafora, Hatton, Baldomir, Margarito and currently its Mosley and Cotto. I think his haters are more delusional than his fans on the average.
From a Floyd fan thanks
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 AM   #22
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

He's lookin more like Howard the Duck these days with those cranium buldges and that rather extensive beak of his.

Apart from that I can't say he's becoming more of anything really. He's always been a confident guy, which is essential in being good.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:13 AM   #23
KhanB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: By a casino
Posts: 418
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
From a Floyd fan thanks
Fuc being a Floyd fan. Find a post where i actually said I like Floyd! When his nutlickers say he's better Whitaker or he's top 20 ATG i'll always says thats BS but at the same time according to his haters all he does is duck people.
KhanB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #24
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

[quote=Toopretty]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Breaking news.... Floyd is what you see, inside and outside the ring!!!




Ok, i'm just specualting to some extent, yet there's ebough evidence to suggest that he is quite the asshole he appears to be. I'll reference his countless interviews and even his family's statements(especially Uncle jeff) about Floyd.

His heads too big for his own good and someone really needs to DEFLATE THAT SHIT!!!!

Once and if that happens?? My prognosis for Floyd becoming likeable greatly increases. As of right now?? He is the spoiled, over privileged, over publicized individual he appears to be

Whether he's ever likeable or not?? If he beats the best in the ring?? That will be a respect that NO ONE CAN TAKE AWAY FROM HIM!!!!



I have never heard anyone say Floyd was an asshole. He is very approachable and social with regular folk. From what I hear, he does have ego but he is as regular as they come.
You and I might be regular, but Floyd???


Nahhhhh......brah........Inflatable is more the flavor

C'mon man, dudes in every on camera appearance like he just won and "Oscar: and there is no competition.

Too much EGO and even his own family has offered alternatives.

Ultimately, none of that shit matters bro!! He could be Jesus Christ or Charles Manson, only thing I give a shit about is what he is when the bell rings
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:28 AM   #25
maracho
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

if he gets past Hatton and takes on the winner of Mosley/Cotto people will really take to him. Then if he beats somebody like Williams or Dzinziruk he'll be the definate P4P in welter and super welter. Then I'd love to see him fight someone like the winner of Trinnidad/Jones or Taylor Pavlik before he retires as either a/the ATG.

I know I'm putting some of your hope in rediculous danger but thats my opinion of what he needs if he really wants to be labled an ATG
maracho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:46 AM   #26
KhanB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: By a casino
Posts: 418
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maracho
if he gets past Hatton and takes on the winner of Mosley/Cotto people will really take to him. Then if he beats somebody like Williams or Dzinziruk he'll be the definate P4P in welter and super welter. Then I'd love to see him fight someone like the winner of Trinnidad/Jones or Taylor Pavlik before he retires as either a/the ATG.

I know I'm putting some of your hope in rediculous danger but thats my opinion of what he needs if he really wants to be labled an ATG
I know this dude is joking otherwise this is a perfect example of why i feel inclined to disagree with his haters rather than his nutlickers. IF he beats Hatton he has to ALSO beat Mosley/Cotto then Williams or Dzinzirwhatever (wtf?) and then go fight Taylor/Pavlik at middle and then Trinidad/Jones and that's basically light heavyweight??? Thats his requirement for ATG?? I know youre joking. If youre serious, If Floyd does all this shit he might be GOAT. But i feel his haters would just say Floyd should challenge or Wlad or he's a *****.

Last edited by KhanB; 09-19-2007 at 02:07 AM.
KhanB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:02 AM   #27
41fever
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: www.SFCboxingGYM.com
Posts: 3,418
vCash: 75
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

I followed his career a long way watching him. I always admired his skills in the ring. I think he's a real cool and composed character. Lately his character has been questioned, but I think he's just doing it for publicity. What else can he do to sell tickets? Professional fighting is the hurt business, yes, but it still is business, which is money to be made. So I kinda understand where he's coming from. I just thing he's one of the best today and wish he can put his skills to the test more with real challenges, not just hype fights for $. I want to see another U.S. born fighter in the history books as the greatest ever. So, go PBF, be all you can be. Go to 140 and street sweep with your Reyes gloves...
41fever is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:18 AM   #28
maracho
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanB
I know this dude is joking otherwise this is a perfect example of why i feel inclined to disagree with his haters rather than his nutlickers. IF he beats Hatton he has to ALSO beat Mosley/Cotto then Williams or Dzinzirwhatever (wtf?) and then go fight Taylor/Pavlik at middle and then Trinidad/Jones and that's basically light heavyweight??? Thats his requirement for ATG?? I know youre joking. If youre serious, If Floyd does all this shit he might be GOAT. But i feel his haters would just say Floyd should challenge or Wlad or he's a *****.
All I can say is that your either very inexperienced or in total denial

Like I said many of you are begging for Floyd to have stayed retired but its only because your under the delusion that he already is the ATG (which I think still means the greatest boxer of all time). The greatest boxers of all time usually took on and often beat much bigger men.

Oh and if I really hated Floyed I would hope that he had stayed retired instead of advising him on to true greatness.
maracho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:30 AM   #29
KhanB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: By a casino
Posts: 418
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maracho
All I can say is that your either very inexperienced or in total denial

Like I said many of you are begging for Floyd to have stayed retired but its only because your under the delusion that he already is the ATG (which I think still means the greatest boxer of all time). The greatest boxers of all time usually took on and often beat much bigger men.

Oh and if I really hated Floyed I would hope that he had stayed retired instead of advising him on to true greatness.
You want Floyd to fight at Middleweight and then Light Heavyweight but im delusional? Why dont you just admit you cant get off until you see the dude knocked out? Do you ask all fighters who started at 130 to go to Lightheavy weight just to be an ATG? Quit trying to act like what you want is even reasonable and admit you just wanna see Floyd lose. Not every fighter has to go up the scale like Henry Armstrong just to be considered great.
KhanB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:36 AM   #30
KhanB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: By a casino
Posts: 418
vCash: 1000
Default Re: is it me or is mayweather becoming likeable?

While were at it, maybe Floyd should challenge Mormeck or O'Bell at cruiser.
KhanB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013