Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 10-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #151
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000
Default Re: Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam

Part of me wishes that Hassan had met Avtandil Khurtsidze one of the two previous times they were tentatively scheduled to meet (a year ago, in October 2009 or then in February of this year).

This was a huge learning experience for N'Dam N'Jikam and gave him an opportunity to overcome adversity and deal with intense sustained pressure for the first time. If it had come earlier, like 2-3 fights ago, he'd be that much closer already to stepping up to world class.

I doubt he would have gone on from a Khurtsidze fight to regress to the likes of Ermis and Weis. He's now "graduated" from the domestic/European borderline where he's been and is ready for stiffer challenges (as long as he's really learned something from this tough battle and goes back to the drawing board at the gym and watches video to pick up on his mistakes and the areas where the Georgian was successful against him).

It's not all doom and gloom. A lot of people seeing Hassan for the first time thought "Uh oh, he's not as good as advertised - there are defensive holes and questions about his chin". Those of us who've followed him for a while know that neither of those are new issues. He actually showed ability to grit it out when these issues were exploited. The defense can be strengthened, and his chin obviously isn't so bad that anybody's going to lay him flat with one punch. He just isn't Jake LaMotta and can't get too careless.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 07:15 PM   #152
Tommy O C
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 321

To be honest im kind of surprised people think its a gift decision. I thought it was close but Ndam was a winner. I had it 116-113 which was the closest of anyone in the brit forum. I was impressed with the georgian, he shipped what looked like powerful punches and never stopped coming forward. One thing I noticed for the first time last night was Ndams habit of, when leaning on the ropes, ****ing his chin up in the air. He puts his upper half outside the ring and leaves himself very exposed. As everyone pretty much knows, he needs better head movement when his hands are at his waist. His feet can only get him out of so much trouble. I just wonder if he gets stuck in corners like he did last night against an accurate puncher like Golovkin will he get out of there so easily
Tommy O C is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 09:58 PM   #153
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Of course it's not a robbery and anyway after this war N'Dam didn't deserve to be booed as he was. But there was clearly a home advantage. It was after this strange 117-111 that people booed. If you consider the classic criteria of the judging system I don't see how it's possible to obtain 117-111 or even 116-113 for N'Dam (and I support French boxers...) .
Khurtsidze dominated most of the rounds in terms of pressure/aggression, punches and even defense. Of course many rounds were close, N'Dam was never in big trouble and he moves well. He's more brilliant and in terms of ring generalship he had the edge but is that really enough ? Who "won" the fight ?
50% of the work is done by the promoter and Acaries has still influence on the WBA. To beat Golovkin in France Hassan will only need to survive and to win at least 4 rounds out of 12. Currently it's not evident. Even Ouicher (the good N'Dam's trainer) admitted it was very difficult and he gave a few explanations/excuses about the performance (lack of quality sparring). He wants to change things completely to prepare for Golovkin but even if he found a channel Acaries has not the financial power to really build a career for N'Dam. French-speaking boxers with some talent should perhaps try to work more with promoters from Quebec who seem more powerful and more serious.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #154
Tommy O C
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 321

Team Khurtsidze File a Protest: N’Jikam Loss, Anti-Doping
Posted by: Alexey Sukachev on 11-04-2010.

A recent contest for the vacant WBA interim middleweight belt (WBA super champion is German Felix Sturm, WBA regular titleholder is Kazakh Gennady Golovkin) turned out to be an instant classic and one of the worthiest (yet obscure at the same time) candidates for a Fight of the Year prize in 2010. Battling in front of a partisan home crowd at Palais des Sports Porte de Versailles in Paris, France, local Cameroonian Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam (25-0, 17 KOs) squeaked out with a controversial unanimous decision over rugged Georgian brawler Avtandil Khurtsidze (22-2-2, 13 KOs). Scores were 115-114 (Pierluigi Poppi and Erkki Meronen) and 117-111 (Mikael Hook) – all for N’Jikam – and were notably and severely booed even by pro-N’Jikam fans.

That wasn’t an end of controversy, however, as “Elite Boxing Promotions”, a Kiev-based boxing company, which handles the stocky (5’4’’) Georgian, filed a protest immediately after the fight.

Aside several tiny violations during the fight, Team Khurtsidze insists that the official drug test for banned substances was never carried out after the contest as per the rules of the World Boxing Association. A corresponding deed was formed and signed by the supervisor of the contest.

“Due to a highly controversial nature of the final decision and a missed drug test, which has never been performed, Team Khurtsidze will appeal to the WBA for a cancellation of the result and an immediate rematch between two respected contenders”, says the “Elite Boxing” memorandum.

Former Khurtsidze’s promoter Vadim Bukhkalov was also pissed off with the decision and subsequent events.

“An entire battle between two fascinating boxers was marvelous. Unfortunately, it has been marred with a dubious decision afterwards: simply put, Avtandil was robbed in this fight big time. This is another black eye to our beloved sport and this is also the reason why talks about a deep crisis in modern boxing will continue their flow. N’Jikam won five rounds at best. But five out of twelve isn’t a victory, that’s a loss. 117-111 as was rendered by one of the judges is a complete lack of any restraint. People kept coming afterwards praising our effort and saying “Avto” was the real winner. Fans’ reaction, when they booed the outcome, tells it all”.

“After the fight, a flagrant violation of the WBA rules had taken its place. We had been waiting for medics to perform drug tests for more than two hours. They never came. It looked like it had been preplanned well before”, continued Bukhkalov.

Comment: With or without the truth to the aforementioned claim of the drug-test violation, the final outcome of the contest alone can be a reason for an immediate rematch. Watching the fight afterwards, the first of your reporters saw it as 114-115 – for Khurtsidze. While a close nature of the contest was obvious for a majority of both local and worldwide fans, Khurtsidze on this reporter’s mind had done enough at least to escape a loss.

A rematch can be the best solution for yet another reason. A blood-filled, gutsy and grueling affair between two born fighters was a real blessing for fans in attendance and the TV audience. It was a classic competition between Tysonesque little brawler with immense physical power and sheer aggression in Khurtsidze and much bigger and presumably better technician in N’Jikam. Two-way action all the time and a standard formula “brawler vs boxer” produced one of the finest performances this year has yet to offer us. An “instant replay” could be the best way to deliver fans yet another major and thrilling action between two gifted and skilled boxers.
Tommy O C is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #155
MagicMan91
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Addict

vCash: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy O C View Post
To be honest im kind of surprised people think its a gift decision. I thought it was close but Ndam was a winner. I had it 116-113 which was the closest of anyone in the brit forum. I was impressed with the georgian, he shipped what looked like powerful punches and never stopped coming forward. One thing I noticed for the first time last night was Ndams habit of, when leaning on the ropes, ****ing his chin up in the air. He puts his upper half outside the ring and leaves himself very exposed. As everyone pretty much knows, he needs better head movement when his hands are at his waist. His feet can only get him out of so much trouble. I just wonder if he gets stuck in corners like he did last night against an accurate puncher like Golovkin will he get out of there so easily
I feel the same. I was very surprised to hear the booing and to see the Georgian's team protesting about it.
MagicMan91 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #156
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

NŽDam did not edge anything in terms of ring generalship. Khurtsidze was the boss in the ring his style overwhelmed NŽDams. NŽDam left most opportunities when he step out Khurtsidze was wide open but NŽDam just went away etc. Khurtsidze pressed the action and was more effective. NŽDam was badly inaccurate hit KhurtsidzeŽs shoulders nearly more than anything etc yeah many rounds were remotely close but a decision in favor of NŽDam aint justifiable. of course worse things have happend in boxing.
NŽDam didnt get booed. After the fight there were standing ovations for both men. But the crowd booed the decision and NŽDam was no judge. It was one of the best fights this year and it ended with a bs decision so thats quite sad. I hope Khurtsidze gets his rematch or at least a crack at some other belt anytime soon.
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #157
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Just over 24 hours until the Giovanni Lorenzo invades France and tries to claim Hassan's piece of the WBA title for Dominica.

Does anybody know what the TV coverage situation is? Direct8 again? Start time?

Merci.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #158
Havik
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Does anybody know what the TV coverage situation is? Direct8 again? Start time?

Merci.
Direct 8 again, 22h45 CET start time, ends at midnight so I guess they're only showing the N'Jikam fight .
Havik is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #159
yal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam vs Giovanni Lorenzo
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
yal is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #160
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
Originally Posted by yal View Post
Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam vs Giovanni Lorenzo
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Excellent. Thanks a lot bud.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #161
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

edit

Last edited by sportofkings; 04-08-2011 at 01:27 PM.
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #162
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

How did the fight go, i didnt see it yet?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #163
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
How did the fight go, i didnt see it yet?
[dm]xi0pvc[/dm]
[dm]xi0qhb[/dm]
[dm]xi0re0[/dm]

Last edited by IntentionalButt; 04-08-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #164
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
[dm]xi0pvc[/dm]
[dm]xi0qhb[/dm]
[dm]xi0re0[/dm]
Thanks
Old 04-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #165
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

So I'm just after getting round to watching N'Jikam v Lorenzo. Decent enough fight, nothing to write home about.

10-9 N'Jikam (barely scraped it)
10-9 N'Jikam (fairly dominant)
10-9 N'Jikam (fairly dominant, nice body shots)
10-9 N'Jikam (not landing any major punches but much busier)
10-8 Lorenzo (N'Jikam badly hurt, in survival mode for much of the round)
10-10 (even round, could go either way)
10-9 Lorenzo (little landed by either, N'Jikam on his bike)
10-9 N'Jikam (laying a beat down on him in the last minute)
10-9 N'Jikam (landing the cleaner shots)
10-9 N'Jikam (another close round)
10-9 N'Jikam (N'Jikam dominates)
10-9 N'Jikam (N'Jikam on his bike but lands enough counters to take the round)

After watching this fight it has solidified my believe that N'Jikam will be knocked out by a top pressure fighter like Lemieux or Golovkin. He tends to lean into his shots too much and his does not have the physical traits or the ability to fight on the inside with great effect. He neglects his jab and favours leaning in and throwing a left hook. It would benefit his game greatly if he fought more upright and jabbed more often, it would really improve his ring generalship.

Having said that, he showed some of his class in the fight also, his 1-2 combos are sick, and his right hand is very dangerous.

I think his style would match up well with the defensive minded counter puncher Pirog and I give him every chance against Sturm, who likes to fight at range. These styles suit N'Jikam, big hitting pressure fighters who time their big shots spell trouble for N'Jikam though because he showed in this fight he can be hurt.

I look forward to him facing either Golovkin or Sturm.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum